Creature Suggestion; Floof

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Demiboy
779 posts

blub • 19 July 2022 at 10:50 AM

A very old hand drawn creature suggestion I made years ago that I found a while ago.

Picture:
https://www.deviantart.com/bubbleywolf/art/20220719-163515-1-923020382
(I do think now that I'd change 2nd and 3rd stage).

About the egg;
It's exactly what it looks like, it's soft, fluffy and hairy. The hairs from the Floof egg can be used without harming the egg, to fill pillows and make the softest wool found in Ark City.

About the creature:
The Floof is a very shy creature, but when it gains your trust it will follow you around nonstop like a little floofball. It loves to cuddle.
They're very housebound and don't like to go outside since they're easily dirty.
They eat nuts and make easy pets once you gained their trust.

Size: 30 cm

#creaturesuggestion

Female
2,934 posts

heatherm19 • 19 July 2022 at 12:55 PM

This is absolutely adorable! In general I don't prefer non-animal-looking creatures but I want a little floofball so much!

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 19 July 2022 at 7:27 PM

The nerd in me was screaming to ask if they are more Tribble or Puffskein : D

❤️

Female
2,137 posts

cranberrycat1 • 19 July 2022 at 8:49 PM

@blub it looks ❤️ cute ❤️

i think it would look cuter in white though and would go better with the idea that they get dirty easily

Demiboy
779 posts

blub • 20 July 2022 at 8:54 AM

@heatherm19
Thank you ❤️

@snowywinter
I didn't even think of that. I haven't really based it on either (if anything I probably made it based on those little fluffy dogs that just looks like a little ball of fur). I haven't really watched Star Trek so no idea if they're anything like the Tribble.

@cranberrycat1
Thank you! ❤️ And that's actually a good suggestion, I'll try to draw another one white 😊

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 20 July 2022 at 10:54 AM

@blub
You're possibly thinking of the Pomeranian? Those are about the most floofball of floofballs that I know of. (lhasa apsos are considered mops more than floofs. lol. - omdg... i actually spelled that right without looking it up first. *victorious fists in air* possibly the first time in my life.)

I had avoided knowing anything about Tribbles most my life until ironically RPing Star Wars with a friend. I loved Star Trek, but as a kid an episode where the Tribbles took over the ship really freaked me out. Turns out there's actually a lot of lore surrounding them. Apparently they were bred to procreate REALLY fast as a food source (I forget what the crisis was why this was necessary.) As Advancements in tech came along, some people turned to keeping them as pets. But originally they bred so slowly the original species almost died from extinction. But in and of themselves they're a rather docile creature. And make little chirping noises if I remember correctly.)
(Why I was researching Tribbles for a Star Wars RP I have no idea. - But we cross-canoned stuff all the time, so *shrug*)