Bulk-send items to other users

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
2,913 posts

heatherm19 • 15 September 2022 at 1:56 AM

What the title says. We can check off multiple items in our inventory and bulk-send to our strongroom, to our shop, or to the donation center. But if we want to send to a friend (or a side account) we have to do it one at a time, which gets really tedious: Open an item's page, click 'send this item to a friend', select friend, click 'send to friend' button. For every item. We have the ability to bulk-send items already, can that please be extended to sending between users/accounts?

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 15 September 2022 at 3:32 AM

I was going to say this has been asked for, and I didn't want to seem redundant in agreeing for the 20th time... but for the life of me I can't find any of the threads... so maybe it was in private conversations. lol.

But YES, PLEASE it would be so much more convenient of we could send more than one item at a time to a friend.

It could have drawbacks though... Like if someone is trying to buy stuff in the shops and loses the haggling because all of a sudden someone filled their Inventory with 47 items (making it 50 in an instant.) Maybe have a maximum of being able to send another player up to five items at once? It still would make it so much quicker.

Female
2,344 posts

nkiay • 15 September 2022 at 12:56 PM

@heatherm19 @snowywinter

We can do it for creatures with a transfer request. I just use the trades to transfer items to my side.

Female
2,913 posts

heatherm19 • 15 September 2022 at 1:06 PM

@nkiay That's a workaround, yes, but not ideal. I've never tried using trades to transfer items to my side, but it seems like a pretty clunky way to do it: Make the trade on one account, then have to log out and log into a side account to offer on that trade, then log out of that and log back into the first account to accept? It would be a lot simpler just to extend the bulk-send feature we already have.

I agree there might need to be a limit put in place so someone doesn't totally fill someone else's inventory without them knowing beforehand, but even a limit of 5-10 items at a time would still be a huge improvement, and being able to just check boxes in the inventory is always going to be faster and easier than opening each item's page one at a time.

Female
2,344 posts

nkiay • 15 September 2022 at 1:11 PM

@heatherm19

Yeah, but if it's done like transferring creatures, you can't accept the transfer if you don't have room. I think that could work.

And yeah it is clunky, but if I'm transferring lots of things, I perfer it. 😊