"Servers busy..." "try to buy again" o.O but I got the creature

in Problems & Bugs

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 24 September 2022 at 8:59 PM

trying to buy a creature from the Cash Shop and I got the message
"The servers are busy. Please try your request again to adopt this creature. (Stock may still be available.)"

But I'm glad I checked on one of the "Creature Does Not Exist" eggs, because there it was! I had indeed adopted the creature. He exists safely in my cove. Profile editable and everything.

That would have been a Lot of money for(to) me to be spending to grab another one I didn't need. Sure I could have tried trading it, etc, but that's a hassle and beside the point. - That the error message ... was wrong. Maybe the servers were busy, but I got my creature. And I know that's all it was, servers were busy. But it *felt* like a grab for more money to be spent. and it *could* have been a huge blunder given that refunds aren't given on the site.
(And in that situation I DEFINITELY would have wanted the CC to be refunded - in exchange for the extra creature to be taken away of course.)

Female
2,911 posts

heatherm19 • 24 September 2022 at 9:43 PM

@snowywinter Maybe it shouldn't say "Please try your request again to adopt this creature." but something like "check to see if your purchase went through". It definitely is concerning that the site says to try again when the request actually did go through, thank goodness you checked!

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 24 September 2022 at 9:50 PM

@heatherm19
I agree, the 2nd part of the message *should* encourage the checking of one's inventory/pets instead of trying to make the purchase again. Your wording is spot on.

*Like*