WHY are creature images taking so long to refresh with the new coding?

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 2 October 2022 at 10:16 PM

be it the Vampig evolves and revert, or my profile creature evolving and putting a new travel on it. And what about when people are running the contests where evolves are important?

I got the notice for my Oookull evolving over an hour ago and I'm still seeing the egg and old travel everywhere on the site. Profile pic, shop, leaderboards, etc.

I know some changes are important, but this is leading to some confusion.
It would be appreciated if you could explain some technical stuff as to either why the images take so long to refresh, or why is is necessary. Please and thank you.

(Edit: about five minutes after I posted, my profile creature's image finally refreshed.
Took from 8:39 PM to about 10:20PM)
Edit 2: 10:34PM it was a blip. Back to seeing the old image again.
Edit 3: I'm feeding and it keeps flipping back and forth.

Female
2,941 posts

heatherm19 • 3 October 2022 at 12:04 AM

@snowywinter Have your tried clearing your browser's cache, or even deleting the cookies for eggcave? Sometimes that will help for me.

I have noticed this though, the images seem to take awhile to change after I get the evolved notification. I did send in a ticket a handful of days ago and it was closed as resolved (that was the same day we got a notification about all images being fixed or somesuch), it does seem like they did *something* to fix it but it didn't actually fix it completely.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 3 October 2022 at 12:16 AM

@heatherm19 It doesn't matter which device I'm or or if I restart.
(and on most there's no cache or cookies to clear. - I have browser settings to to where they clear when closed and only keep bare minimum while on to stay logged into sites.)

It's been like this for me since things were "fixed". I was having almost no issues* before they were "fixed." It's been happening since the s*x ID tags fiasco, and made worse during the Vampig reboot.
(*Wasn't noticeable anyhow)
Seems like the "fix" keeps breaking things unintentionally. Like the other day when the "no egg" image was broken.

quarter after Midnight and my avatar has finally been steadily the new images.