Add warning to only participate on your main for the Halloween fair

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Feedback?

Female
175 posts

twilightshine • 22 October 2022 at 12:31 AM

Just as the title says-I feel as if it means less confusion for users.

This also includes pages like the Lelia Oasis and Thief Shop. I have visited the Lelia Oasis from my side, (never found a creature on my side), but I don't know if that isn't allowed.

I also didn't know that visiting the Halloween Fair from your side wasn't allowed until a few minutes ago. So, maybe add that warning so people don't click and get in trouble?

Female
760 posts

okami • 22 October 2022 at 1:27 AM

@twilightshine

I think I'd rather see a setting option for us to turn off the ability to feed creatures or access certain pages like the Halloween fair on our sides. While I don't do this, I have seen some users feed from their side instead of their main, so I imagine warnings might get bothersome for them.

Female
2,119 posts

cranberrycat1 • 22 October 2022 at 9:26 AM

@twilightshine I think this is a good idea I accidentally visited the asteroid Leila oasis cave and Halloween fair (stoped when I realized I was on my side and didn’t adopt any creatures) but I do feed from my side (because transferring ec can be kinda time taking) and I would like to keep feeding from my side. I would also like to add on that when I feed from my side and get seeds it is kinda annoying since I can’t use those seeds so it would be nice to turn off that feature.

Female
2,917 posts

heatherm19 • 23 October 2022 at 1:04 AM

@cranberrycat1 Might you be interested in my suggestion to allow transferring seeds from sides to main? https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/76813 I've almost completely stopped feeding from my sides for this month because it is indeed annoying to see seeds racking up when we aren't allowed to use them.

@twilightshine YES please! In general I think it would be nice to have better consistency across the site in regards to these warnings. I've seen mods phrase it as 'daily activities' can only be done from your main, or you can't do 'any activities where more than 1 account would give you an advantage', but I've never seen it really spelled out anywhere exactly what that includes. Site Trivia and The Cave both have specific warnings not to do them on side accounts... The Mysterious Asteroid and The Oasis have no such warning, though I'm fairly sure they are included in the 'not from sides' activities.

As mentioned the Halloween Fair doesn't have any warnings either, and I recently realized that the Halloween Fair seems to be the only holiday-event where the blog announcements *don't* specifically say anything about main accounts only. Advent Tree and Find The Gobblers blog posts do have specific 'do not do this on side accounts' text. Logically it's completely understandable to not realize you can't do the fair on sides, since it's not actually stated anywhere that I've been able to find.