Halloween Advice?

in Help & Questions

77 posts

salvalli • 24 October 2022 at 3:09 PM

Hi all.

This is my first Halloween on Egg Cave and I'm sorta at a loss.

I had very little time this month to gather seeds, and while I wanted one of each of the pets, that's just not going to happen.

But, which one should I use my seeds on? Are any of them only going to be available for just This Year? Which ones come back every year? Do some get rested for a year or so and then come back?

Any advice on which egg I should buy with seeds, and which ones I should try to trade for, or even buy with EC, would be super helpful.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes a peek at this.

Female
2,137 posts

cranberrycat1 • 24 October 2022 at 3:53 PM

I would try to get the fangtharp, muckle, lazzar, and candacade, since the others aren't that hard to come across (at least they weren't for me) and I am pretty sure that they are cheaper, I am guessing that some pets retire for a short time in the fair just like they do in the other events but i'm not sure which one does, last year the same creatures where there except for the candacade @salvalli but then again this is only my 2nd fair

Female
2,934 posts

heatherm19 • 24 October 2022 at 5:22 PM

@salvalli This is my first Halloween here too, but I love reading the old blog posts so this is what I've figured out so far: It seems like every year 1 Halloween creature prize is retired (this year was the Ocktin, last year was the Snop, the Pahoehoe was retired in 2020, etc).
After more digging I found the Ocktin was first featured in the 2016 fair, meaning it was a fair prize for 6 years. Snop was first featured in 2015, so again it was around for 6 years. The Trick was first featured in 2017, so *if* there is any sort of pattern there I'd expect this to be it's last year. Personally I'd focus on oldest first, for this reason, but as cranberrycat1 mentioned some of the older ones are also easier to get through trading.

Female
1,743 posts

minnie298a • 24 October 2022 at 6:30 PM

@salvalli
Like @heatherm19 said, chances are the Kinump won't return next year. The Candacade is the new one, which is why it's more expensive. The first row of travels is also likely to retire. The Fangtharp, Muckle and Luskrull where available last year and I think the year before, but may not return, it's a mystery.

And while the Muckle may have started in the SAR centre, it currently isn't available there.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 25 October 2022 at 12:00 AM

@salvalli
Something that isn't mentioned above is that you can check the seasonal section of the archives.
Right here

I would skip the Trick, Kinump, Knurrock and the Snerris. I would focus on the Fangtharp, Muckle and Luskrull first and then see what other creatures you like and if any are for trade.

@cranberrycat1
The Muckle is not in the SAR Center, that would be the Glooble and the Goolime.

I hope you are all enjoying the event though ❤️

77 posts

salvalli • 25 October 2022 at 11:52 AM

Thank you everyone for sharing your insight.

I have a bunch of extra monthly pets from when I joined, so maybe I’ll be able to trade for a few. But at least I have a plan now.