Cove expansion cost reset

in Help & Questions

Female
1,933 posts

chaotictreat • 30 October 2022 at 11:33 PM

For context, I came back about a week ago after leaving for 2.5 years.
So apparently we have 200 more default cove spaces now, which is good. But my costs have all been reset on the expansion page? I thought I had more than 500 spaces before I left, but it's been a long time and I'm probably overestimating, so if I had less than 500 I guess it makes sense for the current cost to be reset to 200. However, it says that my total ec spent on upgrades is 0 and I know that's not true. I have memories of spending tens if not hundreds of thousands of ec on expanding my cove. It would've been nice if this hadn't been "wasted" (ie if we'd been given 300 extra to what we already had rather than just going up to 500) but since that didn't happen I was wondering if there's at least a way to see how much I actually spent before?
PS No hate, it's a good thing that coves are expanded. Sure I'm a little bit annoyed about "wasting" money but I mainly am just disappointed that the record of how much I spent was erased and want to know if I can get it back.

Female
1,743 posts

minnie298a • 30 October 2022 at 11:52 PM

https://eggcave.com/blog/the-default-cove-size-is-now-500?page=2
It happened not long ago. I don't think there is anywhere to check. I didn't think my total amount spent had changed on the Expand page, but I wasn't really paying attention to that (as it's still a scary number). I do know my rates dropped from something like 200k each to 80k each.

Female
2,934 posts

heatherm19 • 31 October 2022 at 3:33 AM

" It would've been nice if this hadn't been "wasted" (ie if we'd been given 300 extra to what we already had rather than just going up to 500)"

Yeah, this was actually mentioned a lot when the cove expansion happened not long ago. I spent a *ton* of ec expanding one of my sides and it did feel like all of that ec was just wasted. It was also mentioned multiple times that the 'how much spent' reset was frustrating, the site acting like you haven't spent any ec on expansion at all when a *lot* of players spent literally millions.

At this time I don't think there is any way to see your old numbers, but perhaps this could be something that could be re-instated? I have to figure that data is still around somewhere, maybe it could just get put back.

Female
1,933 posts

chaotictreat • 31 October 2022 at 10:55 PM

@heatherm19 Oh, it's good to know I'm not the only one with it reset at least (and also not the only one upset). But yes surely the numbers must be around somewhere?? It'd be nice to know how much I spent and not have my progress erased like that ;-;

@minnie298a That's interesting that yours didn't change, I wonder if it was random which ones got reset or if there could be something account-related that affected it...

Female
1,743 posts

minnie298a • 31 October 2022 at 11:04 PM

@chaotictreat
It may have changed, it's just not a stat I like to look at, so am not real sure of what it was before. At the moment that figure is sitting at over 22mil spent on expansions. My next expansion is over 94K, even with the with the new price.

Female
1,933 posts

chaotictreat • 31 October 2022 at 11:09 PM

@minnie298a It seems unlikely that it changed if it didn't reset completely, which is what happened to mine and apparently some other people's. And wow that's a lot!

Female
1,743 posts

minnie298a • 31 October 2022 at 11:12 PM

@chaotictreat
My cove was also at least 900 spaces then (now 950). So while I didn't think it had changed, it may have, but I also had a lot more spots than the new default number. I only know roughly what my expansion rate was as I purchased some a couple of days before. So it may have reset to what it would have been if I'd expanded from 500, not the 300 I did.

Female
1,933 posts

chaotictreat • 31 October 2022 at 11:19 PM

@minnie298a Ah, you might be right. It's very possible that the number it displayed was calculated based off the number of cove spaces you have (minus the default number), which would mean that if I had less than 500 spaces before (which I think I must have), it would reset to be 0 now since I only have the default number now. I didn't think of that!