Gobbler Gobbler mini-game 2022

in Forum Games

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 1 November 2022 at 1:29 PM

I had fun with this last year and am doing it again this year. Play along if you want. : )

Add to the count when you find a Gobbler on the Gobbler Archive page.

- Played like Avoid the Moderator where the total count goes up with each post.
- each Gobbler you find on that page counts, so unlike AtM, the count on the post can go up by more than one (like if you find two in a row.)
- First number is the total of all found / second number is personal found - optional

Feel free to also post interesting places you found them (Gobbler related) (doesn't count toward game total.)

Update: This is NOT a thread for discussion about the Gobbler Hunt in general. If you have questions or opinions about it, someone please feel free to start a new thread in General or Help & Questions. Didn't think I had to state that, but apparently I do. This thread is a mini-GAME.

- - - -
I found my first one at 12:38 am, can't remember for sure if I've found another since then, so...

Gobblers Found: 1 (1)
Total found by all players reporting to this thread / My personal count of how many I found.

2:08 PM Just found my first one on this thread - but it doesn't go towards the count.

3:43 P Hee... found one in the Items Archive on Gobbler Turkey Mug
and then on Orange Gobbler Plushie

Gobblers Found: 2 (2)

4:37 Just found one on the original Gobbler post back in 2010 : D

Female
909 posts

icecream • 1 November 2022 at 7:10 PM

3 (1) ^^ Found on the gobbler archive page

Female
175 posts

twilightshine • 1 November 2022 at 7:48 PM

didn't find on the gobbler page, but I found one on a turkopia's profile (more specifically this one)

Female
909 posts

icecream • 1 November 2022 at 7:52 PM

@twilightshine I just got one on that page too!

Edit: 4 (2) Just got another one on the archive page

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 2 November 2022 at 12:04 AM

5 (3)

6 (4)

11:59PM 1st Nov I found another one on the Gobbler Archive page, then one on that found Gobbler's page.

@twilightshine
@icecream

How cool that you found one on someone's cove Turkopia's page! (I've yet to do so this year on any individual turkey pages. lol)

Thanks for playing along ^^

Edit
2nd Nov
12:13 am - Got one on first refresh. (I don't encourage camping out on that page to count for this game, but a couple refreshes isn't going to hurt if you want. - personally I'm only going to count Gobblers on the first 2 or 3 refreshes, 4 max if I'm feeling generous to myself.)

Female
422 posts

suzanab • 2 November 2022 at 7:11 AM

Is there a prize shop we exchange turkeys, like they had for the seeds? Or just the leaderboard one?

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 2 November 2022 at 10:15 AM

7 (5)

@suzanab
If you mean for the mini-game I'm holding, I haven't decided yet if I'm doing a give-away or not. (Last year it was a surprise I had planned from the beginning, but only one other person played. This year I'm too exhausted to shop for prizes and am just doing this for fun.)

If you mean for EggCave Official - no, there's no Prize shop per se. All prizes are set. It stated it in the blog. This is more like the Easter Egg Hunt... except prizes are limited. ONLY the top 100 earners get something. 1000 CC & an exclusive creature. (More generous than years past where it was top 50 earners and I think it was only 500 CC.) - And it seems to be highly competitive this year. : /

Female
422 posts

suzanab • 2 November 2022 at 10:44 AM

@snowywinter

Yes, the second one, I thought it would be a prize shop, like we had for the seeds...well this turkey is kinda cooked for me then 😃 Thanks for answering ❤️

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 2 November 2022 at 11:15 AM

8 (6)

11:45am Edit:
12 (10) (one of those was a double!)

78 posts

kediset • 2 November 2022 at 11:54 AM

wish I knew about this sooner lol. I'm at least at 10.. prob higher, but probably not TOO much higher.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 2 November 2022 at 11:59 AM

@kediset Feel free to add to the total ^^
You're definitely more than welcome to add any random one you find in the future.
or if it saves time, keep a running tally until x time (bed, work, school, dinner, etc) and add to it then as not to interrupt hunt flow. ; )

78 posts

kediset • 2 November 2022 at 12:15 PM

@snowywinter is it double points if we find a gobbler on this page that leads to another one? xD (not that it's happened lol)

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 2 November 2022 at 12:19 PM

@kediset lol... nice try, no. The only points that count are if you find it on the Gobbler's archive page, and it's one per turkey. The rest are just fun.
(last year the algorithm LOVED me, I probably got a Gobbler 30% of the time I edited my post for the game thread. Wish i could have counted those. : p )

Female
909 posts

icecream • 3 November 2022 at 12:37 AM

13 (3) ^^

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 3 November 2022 at 2:52 AM

14 (11)

: )
Really wasn't expecting one there as I had found one shortly before on the blog.

Female
909 posts

icecream • 3 November 2022 at 3:14 AM

15 (4)

Female
2,913 posts

heatherm19 • 4 November 2022 at 4:58 AM

Not adding to total here, but I just had to share this gobbler find! It's hanging out in the snow! 😊
https://nimb.ws/wZgAav

Female
909 posts

icecream • 5 November 2022 at 12:49 AM

@heatherm19 omg that's cute!
I found a funny one yesterday on the "No Gobbler Here" page.
https://snipboard.io/oeClDY.jpg
What a sneaky gobbler lol

Edit: Just found a gobbler on the Gobbler Gobbler mini-game post!

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 5 November 2022 at 2:05 PM

not an update to the total, but i seen that the thread had updates, I came to check and found my 600th official Gobbler on this page ^^
(I've not had ANY luck on the Gobbler Archive page since the newest obvious-to-us Gobbler change.)

OMG, @heatherm19 I LOVE that so much! Thank you for sharing! (darn weird emotions... it has me tearing up and getting a bit sniffly.)

@icecream Woooooooah, that's a trippy screenshot!

Woot! mini-game gobbler finds! Twinsies! lol.

Female
2,913 posts

heatherm19 • 5 November 2022 at 4:31 PM

@snowywinter I think my gobblers just love the snow, found another one! 😊
https://nimb.ws/gE4bUl

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 5 November 2022 at 4:50 PM

@heatherm19 lol. You have some goofy Gobblers. I usually think of them as hiding out in fall foliage. (I mean, Turkeys are in the woods all year 'round, but most of my encounters with the fearsome beasts have been in the fall.)
❤️

7:38 PM Darn! Was just at the Gobbler page, then the very next page I opened had one.

so... we're still sitting at 15

7:41 PM Then as if to taunt me, it was there on this page as soon as this posted *head-desk*
7:42 PM And another one after that update! o.O!

Female
909 posts

icecream • 5 November 2022 at 9:19 PM

16 (5) ^^

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 5 November 2022 at 10:10 PM

17 (12)

@icecream Yay! you thawed the freeze! (Sorry, I couldn't resist the pun.)

Nov 6th, 12:16 PM ECT
18 (13) (and my 666th Gobbler)

9:57am 7 Nov
19 (14)

8 Nov - 8:42ish PM
I was feeding SweetKat and noticed sartre's Perukey - found my 777th Gobbler!

17 Nov - 2:10am ish
was so tired and was in the middle of something I almost forgot to post, and was distracted trying to figure out why things were listed in the order they are sometimes.
20 (15)

Female
909 posts

icecream • 22 November 2022 at 5:08 AM

21 (6) ^^

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 22 November 2022 at 3:39 PM

Thanks @icecream for posting! I've had absolutely horrid luck since the new algorithm was implemented. : /
You reminded me of a neat find last night I wanted to post (but fell asleep.)

I was trying to look up the old Cash Shop prices (there was a time when they used to only cost around $3.00) and was going through the archives. There on (currently page 196, 2nd post...)
Find The Gobblers Has Begun
November 2, 2013 at 1:32 PM
https://eggcave.com/blog/find-the-gobblers-has-begun
To the right of the Gobbler by a little over a full Gobbler space, and above (mini-Gobbler's feet was about even with top of Big's tail) was a clickable Gobbler!) (wish I could share screenshots.) But it was so neat, here I was looking through dozens of posts, and it was just sitting there minding it's business, all innocent like.

- - -

10:43 PM 26 Nov
found my 3,333rd Gobbler on the Goblar Archive page >.<

Female
909 posts

icecream • 30 November 2022 at 8:13 PM

Last day!
22 (7)

Also found this:
https://snipboard.io/QIxbVC.jpg
The batteron looks giant compared to the gobbler lol