Glitching? Weird shop text and no Gobblers??

in Problems & Bugs

Female
2,938 posts

heatherm19 • 6 November 2022 at 1:59 AM

I was kinda waiting to see if anyone else would post about this in case it's only my issue, but....

I haven't had a Gobbler show up in at least an hour now (two Disney+ episodes worth of time). I haven't been actively playing during that time, but I click to different pages at least every 10 minutes or so because every time I do there *should* be a Gobber, based on the new 3-minute change. I'm looking everywhere, I'm not missing them, they just aren't appearing at all.

And the NPC-shops have some strange 'last restocked' text at the moment, example the Bakery said "Last restocked 2 minutes from now"

edit: And I got a Gobbler on this post as soon as I posted it. lol I'm not going to delete this just yet though, keeping an eye out....

Female
760 posts

okami • 6 November 2022 at 2:01 AM

@heatherm19

I'm having a ton of weird issues as well. Everything you mentioned plus an hour wait time to steal from the cave that hasn't gone down and unable to feed any creatures. :/

Edit: Okay that's super weird, everything seems fixed like a minute after I posted that? I did take a screenshot of the hour wait though so I know I'm not completely crazy lol

Female
2,938 posts

heatherm19 • 6 November 2022 at 2:05 AM

Aaaand now my above post is showing '1 hour ago' even though I posted it 5 minutes ago... Hmm, wonder what they are doing behind the scenes to cause this?

edit: And the Bakery now says "Last restocked 1 hour ago" ... I'm just over here giggling. What strange glitches.

Female
760 posts

okami • 6 November 2022 at 2:08 AM

@heatherm19

I'm inclined to think it might be because of the clocks going back an hour tonight for daylight savings?

Female
2,938 posts

heatherm19 • 6 November 2022 at 2:09 AM

@bluewolf OH!! Oh wow, yeah that might be it. I didn't even realize that was tonight (live in Arizona, we don't do all that clock changing stuff).

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 6 November 2022 at 2:13 AM

@heatherm19
i have an even weirder problem.
my donation center is stuck.
i cant grab anything from it. it keeps saying ''wait 60 seconds'' when actually 5 minutes have already passed!

Agender
56 posts

raen • 6 November 2022 at 11:42 AM

Gobblers simply don't exist for me either. No matter how much I wait or how many times I reload.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 6 November 2022 at 11:57 AM

Maybe I came after the issues were already fixed, but I'm having none /not seeing the issues people are mentioning.
(I wonder if it could be a cache issue? Anyone else using private/incognito/secret browsing like I do? Or try the hard reset like with the creature image issue?)

So weeeeeeird. My thought went to the time switch over too. It seems to cause a lot of issues for some reason every year with multiple websites. (Some things that shouldn't even be related to time - but are.)
Another virtual pet site I'm on last night had issues with their shops too! Usually restock about every 5 minutes... by the time I went to bed it had been nine hours!

Or you know... it's like the Langoliers and the 2038 Unix epoch problem is already affecting us - slowly. 😋 *nom, nom, nom*

- - - - -

9:35am 7 Nov
Not quite sure where to post this, maybe it's more towards the no Gobblers on phone issue?...
But I spent about a half hour feeding (about 5 - 6 seconds per feed, taking my time looking the page over) and was finding way less on mobile. I come back to the computer and they're just popping out at me (about every other page I visit. - granted I'm on those pages for a minute or two.)
cove of 58 found 4 Gobblers. - seemed "normal" to me
cove of 65 found 1. o.O It took me about 8 minutes to feed that cove. ONE in EIGHT minutes?! (Shouldn't it have been at LEAST two?!)
Now something I've observed on the laptop is that depending on the zoom level, the Gobbler can disappear completely right off the page. I'm wonder if the algorithm is saying they're showing up on mobile, but really there's no way for the user to see them. ( I KNOW for sure using the old arrow on 'select text' method that this has happened a few times. It was rare though. Maybe once or twice a day.)
On 'desktop' you can zoom out to make them appear, on mobile that's no longer possible on Android.
I really think Ian could solve this and make the Gobblers easier to find/fun by incorporating a limit to how close to the edge they can be. Not within one Gobbler's space of the page edge seems fair.

Wondering if I should make a new thread in Site Feedback

- - - - -

10:30ish am (almost 11am now) 12 Nov 22

Was on mobile (tablet) this morning and would look for Gobblers while taking care of a few things. but I was really paying attention when I was on. Gobblers weren't always fitting on the page. Out of 20 gobblers found, five of those times I couldn't see them. Used the Select All Text + Arrow method and they were definitely NOT available for the human user. Had to refresh another page in a different tab, and come back to the one i was using and refresh that page for it to show up. (then that didn't work the most recent time. Took about 10 - 15 more tries.)

(Of note: I used to hardly ever find Gobblers at the Oasis - so almost never bothered - until this most recent update when Ian pointedly told us that we'll be SURE to see some after a few minutes. i figured i'd give it a try - and sure enough I now leave the tab open on Desktop. - but on mobile for some reason they don't fit on the Oasis page more frequently than some of the other pages I've tried. - I'm having the best luck just refreshing the Found/Not Here Gobbler page.
And i do mean *DON'T FIT*, not just not seeing them.)

- - -

12:12 PM 23 Nov - Ticket submitted (on several Gobbler issues.)