Click exchange

in Help & Questions

Female
2,101 posts

cranberrycat1 • 6 November 2022 at 8:55 AM

I don’t know if this is a glitch or a bug but I am recently going into the negatives I don’t know if this is supposed to be possible but I have went down to -1 a few times so I am wondering if this is normal.

I hope I put it in the right topic

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 6 November 2022 at 12:08 PM

@minnie298a maybe you would know the answer to this?

Female
2,888 posts

heatherm19 • 6 November 2022 at 1:50 PM

I've been getting down to -1 on my sides for at least a week (most likely longer). I've never noticed it happening before now, but I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the increased traffic in the exchange the past few months? (I'm running out of XC a lot faster than I used to)

Female
1,716 posts

minnie298a • 6 November 2022 at 6:31 PM

@cranberrycat1 @snowywinter
It's been a very, very long time since this has been possible for me. But I loves me the XC.

However if I remember correctly it is possible to go into the negatives by one or 2. It happens in situations where you only have one credit, but two people click on your creature at the same time. So you get both clicks before the XC realizes you don't have the credits and removes you.

Does that make sense?

@heatherm19
If what I think I remember is right, then yes, the increased traffic is the reason your seeing it now. If the XC is quieter, then it has a chance to block your creatures when you hit 0 before getting clicked again.

And it's definitely quicker than it was only in September. I lost 15 credits in the 12ish hrs of my overnight. Before it was only 1 or 2.

Female
2,101 posts

cranberrycat1 • 6 November 2022 at 6:37 PM

ok thank you @minnie298a, @heatherm19 @snowywinter

I thought that something like that was happening, but wasn't sure if it was just a glitch and you can go into the negatives now

Female
1,716 posts

minnie298a • 6 November 2022 at 6:52 PM

@cranberrycat1
I do vaguely remember it being mentioned in the early days, but can't remember if it happened to me or not. The XC has been my preferred method of feeding since it's introduction, so I built up a small bank fairly early when I could as life things meant I was often without playable internet regularly for a week or so.

It is kind of a glitch, but not one that can be manipulated by the players or offer much if any of an advantage.