Creature Suggestion: The Vode

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
393 posts

redflipflap • 7 November 2022 at 8:32 PM

Hello Arkians! For those of you that know me in real life (which would literally be like… none of you. >.> anyways) know that I’ve been obsessed with beetles and other crunchy creatures. So this guy is kinda like, inspired by the Gode, and they’re friends. Hope you enjoy!

Art: https://rb.gy/hbv7ji

About the Egg:

The Vode egg, with its unusual shape, is often overlooked by predators as their mouths can’t fit around the pointy exterior. Because of this, Vodes are aplenty in the land of Ark. Look under large rocks and in patches of moss, and you’ll find these guys!

About the Creature:

Adult Vodes spend most of their lives hiding under loose tree bark and grazing on smaller insects. Some parts of Ark find Vodes to be delicacies, if prepared properly.

Height: 0.05m
Weight: 0.61oz
Habitat: Your Backyard

Random pings:
@kataclysm
@ida92
@shirothekittehlover
@lothar

#redflipflapart

Demifluid
1,503 posts

wonder404exe • 7 November 2022 at 10:00 PM

@redflipflap love it. Love how you drew that sucker wowww thats a disgusting larva. I honestly cant draw bugs i dont wanna study the anatomy its too disgusting to look at bug for me.
Smack a camera on that guy and you can spy on ur neighbors. I think a Vode will make some nice recipes... open that shell lets see what nice meat you got under there 👀

Female
393 posts

redflipflap • 7 November 2022 at 10:10 PM

@wonder404exe this comment had no business being this funny 😂😂

Random pings:
@smartie2742
@rattyness
@tehuti88
@mischu

Female
2,402 posts

ida92 • 8 November 2022 at 2:42 AM

@redflipflap I like beatles a lot and this one reminds of a Coreoli. To me it actually looks more like a Coreoli than a Gode. 😃 The drawing is very nice though. 😊

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 8 November 2022 at 4:11 AM

I'm chuckling at 'Habitat: Your Backyard', lol. This is a very cute creature design, though! What kind of colours would you imagine it to have?

Female
923 posts

shirothekittehlover • 8 November 2022 at 6:25 AM

@redflipflap
More bugs! We need more bugs in EggCave! I like it! ^^

Ping for you (sorry if you don't want to be pinged):
@chaotictreat

Female
730 posts

lothar • 9 November 2022 at 7:19 AM

@redflipflap
The habitat is interesting! Your backyard lol
I love it and hope to see which color the little bug will have

Female
1,301 posts

daisycat • 9 November 2022 at 11:47 AM

@redflipflap
Very cute and precious! Your drawings are very nice! I love insects and bugs and arachnids "and other crunchy creatures" too LOL. Love that part.

Such silliness going on in here... @wonder404exe "open that shell lets see what nice meat you got under there" LOL good grief!