Female
2,344 posts

dragrawr • 14 November 2022 at 12:18 AM

When I edited my topic on my creature suggestion, and tried to add more pings- they did not ping the people?

How do I fix this?

Female
2,802 posts

heatherm19 • 14 November 2022 at 12:42 AM

From what I've observed it's been that way for a long time, not sure if it's intentional or just a long-standing bug but it's definitely not new.

Female
1,863 posts

magenta • 14 November 2022 at 1:22 AM

@dragrawr hi! it's been this way since forums first started if i recall correctly, pings only go through if they have not been edited! i think this is to make sure people that have already been pinged don't get pinged twice 😱

Female
2,344 posts

dragrawr • 14 November 2022 at 1:26 AM

@magenta gaaah okay! I know it's always been like that but I was wondering if some improvements could be done towards but honestly I don't really see how ;-; thank you sm haha!

Female
4,590 posts

mastergemma • 14 November 2022 at 3:17 AM

@dragrawr

Think of it this way, someone decides to continuously ping you on a forum topic by editing the post. They can edit a post continuously until they grow tired of their shenanigans, or you block them.

Or the post is edited, you receive one of these pings but when you look at the forum post your username isn't there so you don't know why you were pinged. This could potentially cause conflict between players and additionally, it would look like a bug and there would be an increase of reports about this.

The forums, in terms of editing, is working as is. If you do have any suggestions for improvements for the forums please do not hesitate to post these in the appropriate section of the forum.

Female
2,344 posts

dragrawr • 14 November 2022 at 10:44 AM

@mastergemma yea, I knew it was like that. It would be too hard to actually code in a way to fully be able to edit without messing up pings and what not ! I appreciate it though :]