𐂂 The Ruua 𐂂

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
1,505 posts

froot • 28 November 2022 at 8:52 AM

Whoa, I haven't done one of these in ages!

Quick concept sketch: https://ibb.co/Fm72dxc

Egg:
The wings of a Ruua begin to develop from the egg stage, starting off as small, fluffy nubs. They are soft, warm, and so delicate that special padded gloves are required to handle Ruua eggs, so as to prevent the feathers from being tarnished. If you ever get lucky enough to land a volunteering opportunity at the SARC Neonatal Care Unit, you'll notice that Ruua eggs smell faintly of sweet petrichor.

Creature:
At its full size, the Ruua only grows up to the height of a small child. Because of its physical vulnerability, 70% of existing Ruua are raised and kept in captivity. In the wild, they travel in small groups of no more than ten, called a 'hush'. These meek creatures can only be found by those pure of heart, deep within birch forests. Due to the warm and peaceful auras that seem to always surround them, causing even the most hostile of predators to calm into a soothing state of peacefulness, the Ruua are also affectionately known as 'the creatures of amity'.

Female
2,934 posts

heatherm19 • 28 November 2022 at 11:33 AM

Awww the baby stage is so adorable! I love this concept and I'd love to have them in my cove!

Demifluid
1,504 posts

wonder404exe • 28 November 2022 at 10:21 PM

@shadowfaxe
Oh my… warm FLUFFY SOFT I WANT THIS AS MY CUDDLE BUDDY GAHHHHHHHHH
I want to treasure it the wing oml and the ur art style is just so warm and soft ♥️♥️♥️🥹🥺 even he descriptions WHAT EGGCAVE PICK THIS HWISDHIAVSHDJ ima get my gloves on ya never know when ya gonna see these lil guys lay’s around

Female
909 posts

icecream • 28 November 2022 at 11:00 PM

@shadowfaxe
Awwwww! I need the last stage buddy!! So cuteeeee!!!! ❤️

Female
2,552 posts

dragrawr • 29 November 2022 at 12:25 AM

@shadowfaxe it is so soft looking, I absolutely need one

Female
1,505 posts

froot • 29 November 2022 at 6:06 AM

thank you all ❤️

181 posts

noman15 • 7 February 2023 at 10:52 AM

It's a cute little peryton.

Cisgender Male
306 posts

tryvegan4theanimals • 7 February 2023 at 11:02 AM

@shadowfaxe I really like this one! Reminds me a bit of the Calla. I especially love the last stage ❤️