✔️POLL CLOSED✔️ Recreating Egg Cave Foods IRL

in General

New Poll: Try and break the four-way tie!

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 30 November 2022 at 3:10 PM

POLL CLOSED! Edit on December 6, 2022 at 11:42 AM:
The winner is Colorful Chameleon Cupcake! When I get around to creating this, I will definitely post a photo of it here. 😊

Recreating Egg Cave Foods IRL
Hi everyone! I'd like to recreate some of the yummy looking food items we have here on EC. 😸 If you have any items you'd like to see a real-life edible version of, please share them below and vote in the poll! I'm thinking of starting out with making two or three of these "pixel to edible" foods.

Click to View Items
💗 Berry Super Valentine's Dessert
🧁 Colorful Chameleon Cupcake
🍔 Nunny Hamburger
🐛 Red Grape Caterpillar
🌸 Soutenue Hamburger
🐾 Vanilla Tasma Ice Cream

I love cooking and baking, so there's of course plenty of items on here I've already made irl, therefore I'm leaning towards the more unique items (or just items I think would be yummy and wanna try lol).

Side note: The Onion just posted an article "God Releases New Peppermint-Flavored Chipmunks For The Holidays" and made me think hey, sounds like an EC creature. XD Pepmunk, red and white, or Chipmint, a green ice cream mint chocolate chipmunk. 😍

Thank you for reading!

Pinging my friend list:
@lululoo
@moonflower
@pewpewkachu
@redflipflap
@twinkle
@Edit on December 6, 2022 at 11:42 AM:
POLL CLOSED! The winner is Colorful Chameleon Cupcake! When I get around to creating this, I will definitely post a photo of it here. 😊

wonder404exe

Female
123 posts

moonflower • 30 November 2022 at 3:15 PM

@daisycat
I love chameleons, I love cupcakes, and I love colours (Even though I'm colourblind, but that's not important right now) I'd LOVE to see the colourful chameleon cupcake in real life! Good luck, though... xP

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 30 November 2022 at 3:17 PM

@moonflower
Thank you for your input! I think the chameleon on that cupcake is soo precious. c:

Female
123 posts

moonflower • 30 November 2022 at 3:19 PM

@daisycat Same!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 30 November 2022 at 3:41 PM

@daisycat

Yay! Thanks for making a thread on this! (I was thinking of making a food related thread in chit-chat soon based on some recent conversations that took off ... off topic. lol. But this definitely needs it's own separate thread. polls and all! 😃)

Call me basic, but I'm a sucker for vanilla. (Relaxing? nah, it gets me drooling like crazy. Nothing relaxing about salivating like a St. Bernard.) Totally voted for the Vanilla Tasma Ice Cream.
Looks like a scoop of vanilla bean, and a scoop of regular. And pair that with a strawberry-vanilla(or ginger) biscotti paw-print, YUM! maybe if the darker scoop is cookies n cream, the cookie could be raspberry flavored. And it looks like there could be a scoop of orange sorbet hiding under the other two (but that's not my thing. I think it could pair well with that first selection though. The double vanilla.) (Pretty sure the orange bit would only be visible on the ultra color saturated gaming computer I'm currently using, but hey, it was an interesting concept.)

Edit: I LOVE those Chameleon cupcakes - as digital art.
IRL that's just way tooooo much sugar, I wouldn't have eaten that if you paid me to even before my sugar allergy started up.

And I totally forgot to comment on the Onion article...
WE TOTALLY NEED THOSE PEPPERMINT CHIPMUNKS! (would be a perfect Dec creature. - I'd be happy if they were food items or plushies even. Mmmmm white "chocolate"-peppermint "pops". mmmm paraffin wax. no I'm not drooling; who's drooling? you're drooling!)

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 30 November 2022 at 3:48 PM

@snowywinter
Thank you for your comments! Love your brainstorming on what the flavors could be. 😊

I know what you're saying with vanilla. It's definitely not basic though, it's... misunderstood! Right?! XD Real vanilla is such a beautiful, complex flavor. When you use vanilla beans, vanilla paste, pure vanilla extract, so nice. Literally any recipe I make that has vanilla in it, I always add extra. Also, I find it so cool that vanilla comes from orchids.

The paw print cookie with those lil toe beans is what sold me on this item. What a cute lil cookie!

Edit:
For the chameleon, I'd imagine it to be pure fondant, but then was like eh I'd rather it just be sculpted cake with frosting over it. I feel you, I don't like cloyingly sweet things, so this would be fun to make but I don't think I'd eat the whole thing lol (give it to my bf, the garbage disposal).

LOL well I'd just be weary that the design concept came from that article. Not the mint chocolate chipmunk, though. That one is more punny anyway. :}

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 30 November 2022 at 4:00 PM

@daisycat

I remembered... one of the food items that always gets me here is the spinach and cheese sub. (Something else too, but it's still not clicking.)

Hee, thank you ! ^^

RIGHT?! It is SUCH a complex flavor and aroma! (By basic I was referring to the social derogatory term towards a person.) I absolutely love the vanilla extract I got from a co-op. (Too lazy to go to the fridge to look up the name.) I try to ration mine as I can't get this brand anymore.
*crying emoji* it's so upsetting vanilla (the orchids) could go extinct in our lifetime. (It's on the verge of being listed officially as endangered. - like how does that work since it's also a commercial commodity. I mean this isn't even the same situation as lay off overfishing a fish species and it'll come back. We actually need MORE people growing the orchids. - will they need special licenses? IF Anyone that knows anything feel free to PM me! I haven't been able to find *answers* despite the numerous articles I've read.)
Orchids have always sort of creeped me out, but I got a newfound respect for them when I learned that's where vanilla comes from. (So even the ones that don't produce it, get cool points by association.)

-chocolate does NOT taste the same without vanilla, that's for sure.

Gotta love those toebeans. (so crunchy. errm... I mean cute. lol)

Edit: oooh, I like the idea of a sculpted cupcake with a minimal layer of frosting.

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 30 November 2022 at 4:07 PM

@snowywinter
Oh don't worry, I know what you meant when you said basic. XD The spinach and cheese sub, yes please.

Well from what I recall, the orchids need to be fertilized by hand. So it's a bigger labor than one would think. Creeped you out? XD Orchids are one of my favorite flowers because they are so strange and beautiful in a special little way heh maybe the same way that creeps you out lolol.

If I made the chameleon, I don't think I'd use different colored frostings piped onto it. I think I would use food coloring + extract to paint onto just a white frosting coated chameleon. Like watercolors.

Female
2,896 posts

heatherm19 • 30 November 2022 at 4:18 PM

Okay we NEED some sort of flavored-chipmunk on EC!

I watch a lot of baking stuff on YouTube (though not too great at it myself) so I tend to look more at 'what would be more interesting/challenging/fun to try to recreate?'. With that in mind, I'd say either the Colorful Chameleon Cupcake or Soutenue Hamburger. Although the Nunny Hamburger looks like it would be pretty yummy irl, something like chocolate cake with marshmallow fluff?

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 30 November 2022 at 4:38 PM

@heatherm19
Hey if there's enough interest for it, I think I'll start drawing the potential Chipmint. 😊

Thank you for your thoughts! That's exactly what I was thinking for the Nunny Hamburger, chocolate and marshmallow mmm. Or something like a whoopie pie. n_n

Female
391 posts

redflipflap • 30 November 2022 at 4:40 PM

Squid on a stick or seafood on a stick, whatever it’s called, has been a longtime favorite EC food of mine. However, I might try to paint or sculpt it 😂😂 love this idea!!!

Female
1,318 posts

twinkle • 30 November 2022 at 5:02 PM

@daisycat
This is so interesting and creative! *o*
I love pink. I love burgers. I love strawberry. So definitely voting for the soutenue hamburger ❤️ Plus it’s the most unique one out of the choices 😊 danggg I wanna try a strawberry flavored burger ;u; The nunny hamburger looks interesting too! But it would come out more like a pastry than a savory meal I think haha I’m thinking too much about burgers maybe I should just go get one myself right now XD

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 30 November 2022 at 5:09 PM

just popping in for a moment thinking how people love the baking challenges... What about the Spring Cakes? I always thought those looked pretty. (And i like to imagine the layers/cubes having the gel/jelly filling between them.)

Demifluid
1,494 posts

wonder404exe • 30 November 2022 at 5:54 PM

I dont know anything abt cooking and backing someone teach me lmao 😂

Some of them looks easy to replicate but some a bit hard- like some custom chocolates and shapes

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 30 November 2022 at 7:25 PM

@redflipflap
Sculpting that would be really cute! I would make an edible one out of marshmallows or make peppermint patties of the animals.

@twinkle
Lol I hope you got yourself a burger! XD Very nice reasoning on that choice, I do think it would be fun to make a pink dessert burger.

@snowywinter
I was thinking it'd be a checkboard cake for that; lots of cutting and stacking and paying attention. XD But the jelly version sounds mmmmmm good.

@wonder404exe
I'd teach you! 😊

Female
1,318 posts

twinkle • 30 November 2022 at 7:48 PM

@daisycat lol I ate a pancake sandwich 😊 literally just egg + bacon sandwiched between 2 pancakes hahaha better than a burger tbh ^^

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 30 November 2022 at 8:49 PM

@twinkle
Ooh sounds good! A breakfast burger, if you will. 😊

Deleted • 30 November 2022 at 8:56 PM

@daisycat I love cookies and cakes and pies, ice cream

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 1 December 2022 at 2:05 PM

@lululoo
Me too! Oooh what about cheesecake. ^.^

There is a new poll tie breaker. 😊

Previous Poll Results
Nunny Hamburger - 5 votes
Vanilla Tasma Ice Cream - 5 votes
Colorful Chameleon Cupcake - 5 votes
Berry Super Valentine's Dessert - 5 votes
Soutenue Hamburger - 4 votes
Red Grape Caterpillar - 2 votes
Other (please post in comments) - 1 vote

Female
421 posts

suzanab • 3 December 2022 at 3:09 AM

@daisycat

Voted for the Chameleon, but love the idea all together, such fun ❤️

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 3 December 2022 at 10:24 AM

@suzanab
Yay! Thank you so much. 😊

Hopefully the tie will be broken soon. ^.^

1,558 posts

dragonii • 3 December 2022 at 2:50 PM

@daisycat this is such a cute idea!! will you be posting pictures of the final product? cause id love to see them!

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 3 December 2022 at 2:54 PM

@dragonii
Thank you so much! 😸 Yes, I will absolutely be posting photos of the final product. ^.^

Edited on December 6, 2022 at 12:51 AM ECT:

The winner is Colorful Chameleon Cupcake! After I bake, decorate, and photograph the cupcake, I'll be sure to post it on here. Thank you for voting! c:

Poll closed, results below:
New Poll: Try and break the four-way tie!
Nunny Hamburger 5 votes
Vanilla Tasma Ice Cream 3 votes
Colorful Chameleon Cupcake 9 votes
Berry Super Valentine's Dessert 2 votes

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 9 December 2022 at 10:58 PM

wow, the Colorful Chameleon Cupcake was a clear favorite this time around! ^^

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 9 December 2022 at 11:41 PM

@snowywinter
Very clear winner! I'll be making that and second place Nunny Hamburger for this potential series. 😸

Edit: I will probably be creating these AFTER the holidays! x.x I'm hosting a dessert giveaway irl and shipping to friends (three winners), baking desserts as Christmas gifts, I have Christmas dessert orders to bake, and things to bake + cook for upcoming gatherings! So I've got lots to do but I will get around to this afterwards and I look forward to it woOoOooo. 😊