7 posts

snowiflake • 5 December 2022 at 9:09 AM

I'm new and just found a star egg somehow! what're the chances? also whats an LE egg? I saw some people mention that...And does anyone know what comes from the asteroid?

Female
2,942 posts

heatherm19 • 5 December 2022 at 11:34 AM

Welcome to Eggcave! Natural star eggs can be found in the cave but are pretty rare (I haven't found one in months). 'LE' means Limited Edition, usually referring to creatures that are only available in the cave for a very short amount of time (3 days to a week, from what I've seen).

The asteroid can (very very rarely) give certain creatures, there is a list here:
https://eggcave.com/archives/search?obtainable_from=asteroid
Although not all listed there are still available. I think the Storticai, Nyacos, Distorticai, and Tenalp are the ones currently available.

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 5 December 2022 at 11:39 AM

Hello and welcome! Just fed all your pets. 😸

Coincidentally, I found a star Dinno the other day too lol. My first naturally starred pet and I've been here for -- OH! One month exactly today! Aww. :') XD

7 posts

snowiflake • 5 December 2022 at 11:45 AM

Thanks guys! and oooh is there any le pets currently? whats the best way to get them?

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 5 December 2022 at 11:56 AM

@snowiflake
Welcome to eggcave! 😸
You actually have one of this month's LE, your pet Vibrancei the Glaciskal 😊
The other cave LE is the cobertor. Monthly LEs can be adopted from the cave. There are also monthly cash shop pets (CSP) that can only be bought using premium currency (CaveCash). You can check the site blog for previous releases.

Stuff you might want to check out:
⭐ We have a player guide here.
⭐ There's also a thread for creature values here.

Ping me here (@twinkle) or DM if you have any questions!
I sent you some welcoming gifts, Enjoy! ❤️

7 posts

snowiflake • 5 December 2022 at 11:57 AM

Oh thank you so much!! I appreciate it!

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 5 December 2022 at 3:02 PM

@twinkle You're a little mixed up about LEs ^^ (Don't worry, it was confusing at first for me too.)
The Cobertor and Glaciskal are Monthlies.
There are no current Limited Edition creatures available. (As @/heatherm19 said - with slight correction, Limited Edition pets are usually only around for 3 days to two weeks.)

@snowiflake
Congrats on your starred pet! 😃
In addition to what heather said, the Pareteorsite can also be found during Ark Victory Day (week) in July ^^ (But in with the prizes in that 2nd link on the Asteroid page.)

7 posts

snowiflake • 5 December 2022 at 3:13 PM

ty!! i appreciate the new info 😊 you guys are lovely

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 5 December 2022 at 3:32 PM

p.s. I forgot to answer your question on the best way to get the limited edition creatures...
"best" way depends on each user's parameters. If you have the time... trying allllll day at the Cave, keeping an eye on the time and hoping you have good luck. If you have little time, but the ability to make a lot of game currency EC (egg coins) you could always buy one from other players (either buy straight EC or buying Cave Cash vouchers). Usually through Trades or Auctions. (Sometimes people post them in the Forums, or will have them in an UFT tab in their profile.)
...If I remember correctly the LEs are usually available in the official store later on of 200 CC (or players will sell them for about 2 Million EC. - though prices have been allllll over the place lately, so there's no predicting what they will actually sell for.)

I actually have a bit of a breakdown of some of the recent LEs and such in my 22 August 2022 at 10:31 PM post
here

A good way to get a sense of what is what is by reading through the old blog posts (the ones posted by staff on the main page.) But it will come over time. We're only 2 creatures away from 1000 species on here - it's a lot to absorb.

Female
2,142 posts

cranberrycat1 • 5 December 2022 at 3:38 PM

hey welcome to ec @snowiflake 😊

Female
179 posts

twilightshine • 5 December 2022 at 7:22 PM

@snowiflake
Welcome to eggcave ❤️
Also sent you a welcome present, I hope you have a great time here!

7 posts

snowiflake • 5 December 2022 at 7:24 PM

I'm unable to accept it as i can't view trades yet! is there a different way to send it or should i wait? tysm though! @Twilightshine