EggCavity Update

in General

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 8 January 2023 at 12:19 PM

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you know that EggCavity is back up to date.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 8 January 2023 at 10:49 PM

Yay! Thank you!
* C o N f E t T i ! *

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 8 January 2023 at 11:07 PM

@lbowe_elbow
Thank you! 😸
What exactly has been updated? For example, when I search recent species like the Glaciskal and Cobertor, they don't show up in the Creature Index or Easy Viewer. c:

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 8 January 2023 at 11:43 PM

@daisycat at quick check (I'm in my late-day feeding rush) a LOT of the new travels have been added.
and the Coona got its name change (I still can't spell it w/o looking it up. Raccyon?) - thus it's no longer a broken box where a creature should be.

(Jerob in Thief Shop index still leads to wrong creature though.)

But i figure not everything is going to happen at once.
I'm just glad there's any updates at all.
coding is a LOT of work.

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 8 January 2023 at 11:49 PM

@snowywinter
Ah okie, thank you for letting me know! 😊 I had only checked the parts of the site that I use (so please excuse any ignorance), but I'm appreciative of any updates, of course! c:

Yep coding is a lot of work... but fun, imo!
I used to run a .com back in the day, for around ten years. Coded it from scratch, made graphics, animations, adoptables, wallpapers, had makeup looks + tutorials, skincare information, recipes. Such fun and a different time. :,) Makes me wanna check the Wayback Machine.

Female
2,544 posts

dragrawr • 9 January 2023 at 12:22 AM

@lbowe_elbow thank you so much!

Female
2,913 posts

heatherm19 • 9 January 2023 at 12:31 AM

I was actually going through the travels index there the other day and realized a lot of the newer stuff was missing, thanks for the update! (It's amazing how much simpler it is to make wishlists/etc when everything is listed on one page...)

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 9 January 2023 at 10:24 AM

@daisycat
Sorry it was updated in the database but we use some caching to speed up the site and those caches hadn't been cleared. Should l be looking more updated now d:

@snowywinter
I fixed the Jerob just now (:

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 9 January 2023 at 11:11 AM

@lbowe_elbow
Oh good to know. ;o It's perfect, thank you! You don't need to apologize for anything. 😊
I'm always thankful for a site like Egg Cavity; it's how I've found a few of my travels and it's what I used when I first started to look through species + evolutions with ease.

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 14 January 2023 at 2:26 PM

@lbowe_elbow

Hello! I don't wanna be a butt pain, but I noticed that the Dogfish and Cloudbun aren't listed.

I also just want to let you know Eggcavity is indispensable as a resource and I appreciate everything you do for its upkeep. I'm rubbish and out of practice on coding and I can't imagine how much time and energy goes into the site, so thank you for keeping it going c: