[CLOSED] 💗 Valentine's Day Giveaway 💗

in User Contests & Giveaways

What device do you primarily use for Egg Cave?

Female
1,288 posts

daisycat • 17 January 2023 at 8:00 PM

@lunacharm1037
Strawberry lemonade, delish. c: I love key lime pie too! 😱 That's one of my favorites but I forget about it cuz I like too many things. x) But anything citrus is so good, I love the sweet & sour combo. I hope you'll have a nice time out to eat with your friend! Thank you for sharing! And yes, you did it correctly. 😸

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 18 January 2023 at 6:36 AM

@daisycat
Did you wind up making Japanese for dinner?? I feel like it's a cuisine that is WAY out of my culinary skill range.

Female
1,288 posts

daisycat • 18 January 2023 at 12:13 PM

@kataclysm
My bf's sister is in town, so he had gone over to his parents' house to hang with them, and I didn't join because I've had a migraine past few days. So, didn't end up making any! ;_; But some things I usually make for that are gyoza, yakisoba, miso soup, sushi, udon, tempura. I was wanting to make some gyoza, so good. You can use premade wrappers or homemade dough (my favorite). I use nappa cabbage, mushrooms, carrots, green onions, and fresh ginger for the filling. Then I make a sauce with soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, fresh ginger, green onions, water, and brown sugar.

I'd say a lot of those dishes are similar to cooking anything else, so you could totally try! 😊 Especially noodle dishes like stir fried yakisoba, and, miso soup. With sushi, the rolling technique could make it difficult if it's your first time, but it'll still taste good in the end no matter how it looks, and I just use vegetables when I make mine. Thank you for asking! c:

720 posts

nut • 18 January 2023 at 1:17 PM

@daisycat I'd love to join! so cute and it's so fun to read everyone's responses ;-; thank you for hosting!

♥ I haven't celebrated valentines in recent years, when I was in a long term relationship awhile ago neither of us really cared, and now I'm alone LOL. I really miss being a kid and making valentines for my friends!! opening my decorated tissue box full of my classmates' valentines was so cute. *-* now I act indifferent but secretly I would be overjoyed if the person I liked would do something for me. (keep dreaming nut.)

♥ Not vday themed but when I worked as a barista in college, my favorite non-caffeinated drink was something we called ginger dragon. Basically, you chop a bunch of fresh ginger into water and boil it (or heat with a steam wand) for a few minutes until the water is nice and spicy. remove your soggy ginger, and add honey and fresh squeezed lemon juice to the water. serve hot for a cozy drink in the winter or add ice for a refreshing summer drink ❤️

Female
1,288 posts

daisycat • 18 January 2023 at 1:42 PM

@nut
Aww. ❤️ I hope eventually, someone you like, will do something for you! You deserve it. c: Your drink suggestion sounds SOO good, I love ginger and I think I'm actually going to make this drink right now! I make a homemade ginger ale syrup (that you add to seltzer water) so I know I'm gonna love the ginger dragon. Thank you so much!

Female
49 posts

cherryblossomlover • 18 January 2023 at 5:42 PM

@daisycat

my plan's for Valentine's Day is spending it with my significant other. and a memory is my grandparents wedding anniversary was the day before Valentine's Day, as a kid they would always go out to celebrate it.
i do like Valentine's Day and have given out Valentine's Day items in school. for favorite foods, i love cooking, but top is Lemon meringue pie it has a lot of memories connected to it.

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 18 January 2023 at 9:52 PM

@daisycat
That gyoza sounds delicious 😃 ❤️

Female
1,493 posts

froot • 18 January 2023 at 10:45 PM

@daisycat i absolutely love this idea!
♥ in primary school, we had a card exchange thing, but they always turned it into a "friendship day" thing LOL! i'm not in a relationship myself but i always love the atmosphere on valentine's day every year. it's so romantic and sweet ❤️
♥ i don't cook a lot as i rarely have the time for it, but when i do, i love to make this thing where i make some rice, fry an egg sunny side up (has to have runny yolk) and lay it onto the rice, then pour some soy sauce over it. it's easy to make and tastes amazing!!
♥ https://ibb.co/1Q0wy8v
thanks for hosting such a generous giveaway ❤️

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 19 January 2023 at 6:27 AM

@daisycat Gosh, I have so much love in my heart for Yakisoba dishes. I would be tempted to try my hand, but my, uh, my cooking skills sort of start and end with preparing a bowl of cereal. I used to be a bit more interested in cooking back in the day, but it's just not where my joy is. Weirdly, I much prefer cleaning.

How is your head feeling? I hope you're not still in the midst of a migraine storm.

Female
1,288 posts

daisycat • 19 January 2023 at 12:46 PM

@cherryblossomlover
That's a really cute day for your grandparents' wedding! Two nice days in a row. 😊 Lemon meringue pie is a great choice for dessert, the tang combined with sweetness is so lush.

@lunacharm1037
It's really good gyoza! c: I've also stuffed some with veggie sausage (seasoned with ginger, soy sauce, garlic) and some with cream cheese and green onions (those are my bf's favorite and I can't disagree lol).

@shadowfaxe
The romantic and sweet atmosphere is lovely, relationship or not, I agree with that! I like the idea of them altering it to a friendship day. x) Real cute. Ooh my bf makes the rice + egg dish here and there! He loves that. For simple rice, I like to add sesame seaweed furikake. 😊 Omg your drawing is so beautiful! 😱 I love the color palette and the style of the flowers is so pretty, amazing work!! ❤️

@kataclysm
Even with your cereal comment, I still think you could try making a yakisoba stir fry and be successful! But, if it doesn't bring you joy, then there'd be no rush on it unless you're feeling froggy lol. I know cooking just isn't everyone's thing. But maybe one day... 😉 I deeply envy your cleaning preference lol. I have to be in the mood to clean. I can quickly tidy a kitchen, meal to meal, but for a deep clean, nah, need the time and place. I'm good at organizing things too but it's two days until they're shifted. XD My head is feeling almost 100% today, thank you for asking! I've had this since Friday last week so it's been rough; been busy with work stuff and events irl so just need time to relax and not stress. -,-

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 19 January 2023 at 1:45 PM

@daisycat Honestly, I find cleaning really therapeutic! I worked as a domestic cleaner for a couple of months last year for extra change and my god, the state of some houses. You probably have nothing to worry about!

Chronic headaches are the absolute worst. My jaw is giving me gip lately and it's increasing how many headaches I'm encountering and it's really, really frustrating. You have all my sympathy!

32 posts

pewpewkachu • 19 January 2023 at 11:30 PM

1. I'm aroace, so I don't celebrate. I'll probably end up buying myself something chocolate and pig out. xp. Chocolate chocolate chocolate~

2. Favorite snack to make would probably be chocolate covered pretzels or choc covered raisins...or really anything smothered in chocolate.

Female
1,288 posts

daisycat • 20 January 2023 at 12:00 PM

@kataclysm
Cleaning can definitely be therapeutic. *.* I just often have this physical block like, keeping me from doing things, like simple tasks, it's strange. I hope your jaw and head will feel better asap!

@pewpewkachu
That's something nice about Valentine's Day -- the day after result of 50% off all chocolate and candy, right?! XD I hope you're able to treat yourself to something you really enjoy. 😊 Thank you for sharing!

Female
175 posts

pastelrabbit • 20 January 2023 at 5:02 PM

❤️ my plan for Valentine’s Day this year is to make little valentines for my friends, and my sister, i think Valentine’s Day is great especially the little cards and chocolates 🍫
❤️ I quite enjoy brown sugar sticky rice cakes, my mother makes that best ones they aren’t too sweet and a bit chewy.

Female
1,288 posts

daisycat • 20 January 2023 at 7:57 PM

@pastelrabbit
Sounds like a good plan, your friends and sister will love them! :-} Those brown sugar sticky rice cakes sound too good. 😱

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 23 January 2023 at 6:01 AM

@daisycat I'm on the mend! My jaw is prone to overstretching without me realising it, but the headaches have cleared up a little.
How are you today? Have you jumped onto the CRW egg hunt yet?

Female
1,288 posts

daisycat • 23 January 2023 at 1:00 PM

@kataclysm
That's great news. :}
I'm doing all right today, thank you! I'm still waiting for my Zuid lol, but I'm patient, I know I'll get one eventually. XD I'm just worried about getting whatever the final pet is since there's less time to obtain that one! 😱 Have you had good cave luck?

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 23 January 2023 at 1:48 PM

@daisycat A little! I managed to grab ahold of a Zuid on my first visit of the day, and a Hoxrin in the first 25! I'm really pining for that year of the rabbit creature though. 👀

Female
1,288 posts

daisycat • 23 January 2023 at 1:50 PM

@kataclysm
Aww, let me know if you don't get one yet and it's close to the end date! I have an extra if you'd like. 😊

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 26 January 2023 at 6:43 AM

Ironically, as soon as I sent that last message, I went to the cave and voila, there she was. Thank you so much though, Daisy! That's a very sweet offer to make!

Female
20 posts

sunflxwer03 • 26 January 2023 at 11:43 AM

hiii @daisycat !
thank you so much for hosting this! you're so kind!

Two tickets please!

♥ I really want to make a hand-crafted gift for my family members to show how much they mean to me! I really want to spend my time with my loved ones!

♥ my favorite snack would probably have to be sugar cookies! they are so fun to make and are very delicious!

again, thank you so much for hosting this! i really appreciate it!

Female
1,288 posts

daisycat • 26 January 2023 at 11:50 AM

Of course, @/kataclysm. c:

@sunflxwer03
You're very thoughtful! Handmade gifts are my favorite things, making and giving! Too fun and cute. *0* Mm sugar cookies, delish! Thank you so much for sharing, I'll add you to the raffle. 😊

Female
20 posts

sunflxwer03 • 26 January 2023 at 12:43 PM

@daisycat
thank you so much! ❤️

Deleted • 26 January 2023 at 6:57 PM

@daisycat
thank you so much for hosting this. your so sweet and I want to wish everyone good luck that entered.

One Raffle Ticket
I always wanted to get married on Valentines day in Paris France lol
My favorite memory of Valentines day with my mom when she was alive. we went out to dinner and movie and we made homemade valentines cookies and we spend time together we got each other gifts.
I just love Valentines day I love hearts and the teddy bears and all the Harry potter and hello kitty valentine cards ect. haahaha. I just love LOVE LMAO!

when I was little I use to have valentine party with my mom and my family and I was invited them all with valentines cards lol. we have cake and ice cream and cookies. that how it started until she was gone.

Now that I am older I always buy Hello Kitty Valentine baskets from Walmart lol and hello kitty Valentine cards. I love hello kitty. this what it look like https://i.imgur.com/7wxWa3j.jpg

This year for valentines day I am hoping to get a Hello kitty Valentine day basket and My friend and I are going to out to eat and I got her a gift and she got me one and just celebrate I do not have a boyfriend or girl friend so yeah.

Two Raffle Tickets

♥ Please comment with a favorite snack or drink you like to make that doesn't include meat (it doesn't have to be Valentine's Day themed).

My favorite snack is oatmeal pies, I love them so much and I love the valentine Brownies they have at Walmart. I love Root Beer for drinks. I love to make root beer float as well.

Female
1,288 posts

daisycat • 26 January 2023 at 7:07 PM

@lululoo
Paris ooh, so romantic, right? The memories with your mom sound so sweet! It's really cute and precious that you two had your own tradition for Valentine's Day. 😊 I love all the hearts that come with the day too, the whole look of it and the colors, it's just so pretty and sweet.

Sounds like you will have a lovely day with your friend! I hope you'll have fun. :}

Ooh my boyfriend's favorite soda pop is root beer. He rarely drinks it but he does love it. Floats are soo good.

Hello Kitty is great! Also love Chococat, Badtz-maru, Charmmy, Landry, Kuririn, Cinnamoroll... too many!! I guess Cinnamoroll is a dog, but I like to view him as a bunny lol.

Thank you for sharing! You'll be entered into the raffle twice. 😊

Deleted • 26 January 2023 at 7:11 PM

@daisycat omg thank you so much that so cool and yep I love everything about Valentines Day! Oh in high school we had secrets admires we got roses I got a lot of them lmao.

Female
909 posts

icecream • 29 January 2023 at 2:53 AM

@daisycat

♥ I like Valentine’s Day candy. I have given out Valentines Candy at school many times. I like fun dip, nerds, sweetarts, sweethearts, smarties, etc.
♥ I like to make hot chocolate!
♥ https://snipboard.io/0mN4CO.jpg

Thank you for this giveaway 😊

Female
1,288 posts

daisycat • 29 January 2023 at 12:12 PM

@icecream
Mm agree on the candy. 😊 And I love hot chocolate, I make it like once a week in winter and in warmer seasons too. x) My last one I made I had turned into a mocha; added a dash of espresso powder to it. Your drawing is soo adorable! I love the colors, background, wink, heart balloon, and the lil curly swirl hair omg. ❤️ Really fab job! Thank you for joining!

64 posts

kittymimi • 29 January 2023 at 8:30 PM

Thank you @daisycat
The best part about Valentines is the chocolate.
One thing I like to make is caramel coffee. Drawing of creature: https://snipboard.io/ZUcj8K.jpg

Androgynous
92 posts

xlover • 29 January 2023 at 8:44 PM

I will be spending Valentine’s Day most likely playing Hogwarts Legacy, eating chocolate and hanging out with my family. 💜

My favorite snack is cream cheese, red pepper jelly, with crackers. Spicy and savory 😇