Mail Search [Suggestion]

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 26 January 2023 at 3:08 PM

I would kill to be able to search my mail. Especially by user. I have 44 pages of mail with people and it would be SO helpful to see if I've reached out to someone about something before or even just look through old coversations with friends. (:

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 26 January 2023 at 3:24 PM

@lbowe_elbow
100% agree! This is on my list of quality of life ideas for the site / things that aren't on here yet that seem like they should be after 10+ years. :x

Female
559 posts

pwuffy • 26 January 2023 at 5:10 PM

@lbowe_elbow totally agree as well... and in the same vein i wish it was easier to see who is in the mail thread at a glance, since if you're the last one who replied you can't even see who you're talking with in the main list D:

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 26 January 2023 at 5:13 PM

@pwuffy exactly!

Female
1,318 posts

twinkle • 26 January 2023 at 6:40 PM

@lbowe_elbow I have no idea why this hasn't been suggested before!
Thank you for bringing it up ❤️
I'm usually the one to close the conversations (thank you's) so I have no way of telling whose PM I'm looking at when I'm scrolling through all of them lol cuz it only shows the username of whoever last responded. It's time consuming having to open each convo just to know who I conversed with.

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 26 January 2023 at 6:52 PM

@twinkle agreed, And with 44 pages of mail, to open that many things of mail just to look and see if I had messaged someone about one thing five years ago lol

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 29 January 2023 at 1:18 AM

@twinkle it has been brought up from time to time, but usually in relation to other things (Like the forums DEFINITELY needing an improved search.)
But here is the most recent thread dedicated to Mail improvement.
Mail Sorting Folders started by prairie

(And in case there's any doubt, I'm reiterating my support of being able to *somehow* search or sort mail.
Not being able to see WHO is in a message thread is so time-consuming/frustrating!)