My grass sandwich has entered The Infinite Void

in Problems & Bugs

Non-binary
248 posts

captaincookies • 13 February 2023 at 12:30 AM

Hey y'all, I had a grass sandwich offered on this trade lot, and the lot still exists, and I still have an offer on it. However, the grass sandwich has disappeared. As you can see in my screenshot, there is nothing in my inventory at the moment.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O4GVuTy8AgsOvpKlqIfNJumoaVPSBGfu/view?usp=sharing

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 13 February 2023 at 12:40 AM

@captaincookies
Same thing happened to me with the Yellow Alkub Plushie I offered. šŸ˜± Gone from my inventory.

https://ibb.co/1XJbFcM

Non-binary
248 posts

captaincookies • 13 February 2023 at 12:44 AM

@daisycat

That's so weird! I thought it was only me. I was kind of joking about this because I don't care at all about the grass sandwich, but now that I think about it, it's kind of worrying because what if it happens to an item I actually do want and is valuable?

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 13 February 2023 at 12:46 AM

@captaincookies
I tried withdrawing to see what would happen. Like if the plushie would suddenly reappear. Nope, it's gone! o.o

Female
1,750 posts

minnie298a • 13 February 2023 at 12:50 AM

@captaincookies
Half the time, I don't look at this sort of thing beyond reading the op as I normally can't help.

However.........
The sandwich is not showing up in the trade on my end either. Your offer is still there, but like in your screenshot, blank.

I also double checked and one of the offers in another lot ( Trade #1020003 ) is also blank. It was the one @daisycat mentioned.

I'm not planning on closing/drawing the lots for a couple of hours, so maybe someone with knowledge can help.

Non-binary
248 posts

captaincookies • 13 February 2023 at 1:08 AM

This may or may not be relevant, I literally have no idea, but a few minutes before I noticed that the sandwich had clipped into the shadow realm, I had donated 3 grass sandwiches to the donations center.

Female
760 posts

okami • 13 February 2023 at 1:21 AM

@captaincookies

Yikes, please update if you figure anything else out. I've been borrowing cc travels from other users, so I can't imagine how bad it'd be to lose something that valuable to a glitch like that. O_O Definitely going to hold off on any more of those for now.

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 13 February 2023 at 10:44 AM

Well this is a weird one. I've let @Ian know and he'll take a look once he gets online.

Female
1,750 posts

minnie298a • 13 February 2023 at 5:58 PM

@captaincookies
Did it reappear when I closed the lot?

Non-binary
248 posts

captaincookies • 13 February 2023 at 7:16 PM

@minnie298a

It did not! Iā€™d have been very curious to see what happened if youā€™d accepted my offer of literally nothing at all. This is baffling in the most interesting way

Female
1,750 posts

minnie298a • 13 February 2023 at 7:58 PM

@captaincookies
I was curious as well, but did the right thing and random numbered it. Knowing were in the list daisycat's offer that she pulled was, I kept it, but someone else won that one as well.

However, that it happened on 2 of the 7 lots I had up in a giveaway is interesting.

Non-binary
248 posts

captaincookies • 13 February 2023 at 10:10 PM

@minnie298a

Yes, you definitely did the right thing keeping it as a random number. I'll just have to be luckier in the future lol šŸ˜Š

Female
760 posts

okami • 13 February 2023 at 10:15 PM

@captaincookies

Have you tried offering an item on any other trade lots since that happened? I noticed that you had a tester item in the trades so was curious!

Non-binary
248 posts

captaincookies • 13 February 2023 at 10:28 PM

@bluewolf

I have a green broccoli in the trade center right now, yea. I had my side offer an item I don't care about on it, but so far nothing has happened. I'll update the thread if it happens again. I rarely offer on trades though, so I kind of doubt it.

Female
760 posts

okami • 13 February 2023 at 10:32 PM

@captaincookies
Do you mind if I test something with your trade lot? I want to try and recreate what you did by donating an item and then offering another of that same item on the trade. I actually have multiple grass sandwiches, so I could use that lol. But did you happen to have them all in your inventory at the same time, or did you donate the sandwiches and then take another one out of your strongroom?

Non-binary
248 posts

captaincookies • 13 February 2023 at 10:37 PM

@bluewolf

Sure. I don't actually know whether the donating made any difference, but here's the timeline of sandwich disappearance. I had already had a sandwich offered on a trade for about a week. Then I donated three other sandwiches to the donations center. I don't know if it matters but I did mass donate them by clicking on their little green checkboxes individually. Maybe an hour later I noticed the original sandwich was gone.

Female
760 posts

okami • 13 February 2023 at 10:45 PM

@captaincookies

Hmm, nothing unusual happened for me. I offered on your lot, then donated 3 grass sandwiches- all of them were claimed but the trade one is still in my inventory. Darn, I was hoping the donating of the same item would've been the missing piece!

Female
1,750 posts

minnie298a • 13 February 2023 at 11:11 PM

@bluewolf
daisycat had offered on more than the lot she withdrew from above (I had 7 up as part of a giveaway). Only one of her offers disappeared.

Which leads to the question, @daisycat did you actually receive the lot you won? It would have been the CRW lot that started this whole thread.

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 13 February 2023 at 11:15 PM

@minnie298a
Yes, I did receive the CRW lot! And that one did still have the Green Alkub Plushie visible in my inventory as well as the trade offers page.

Edit: Still may be a coincidence / not related, but I do know that I also donated a Yellow Alkub Plushie sometime before offering on the lot. Sometime being that day, the day before, not sure when exactly; whenever it was a donating daily.

Female
1,750 posts

minnie298a • 13 February 2023 at 11:24 PM

@daisycat
Awesome. It was something that just occurred to me. But as yours went through, I won't chase up the person who won the lot your withdrawn offer disappeared on.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 15 February 2023 at 1:04 PM

@minnie298a @daisycat @bluewolf @captaincookies

Does somebody have an active, open trade where I can see this in person? I'd love to see it live. Most of this stuff now seems closed (sorry for the delay!).

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 15 February 2023 at 1:13 PM

@Ian
I do not, but hoping someone else does!

Female
1,750 posts

minnie298a • 15 February 2023 at 5:58 PM

@Ian
Sorry I don't.
The two lots mentioned here where ones I'd created as part of a 7 lot giveaway. Due to this, I closed/awarded them on the 13th in relation to the rules regarding such things.

As stated above, the lot in the screen shot in the opening post by captaincookies was awarded to daisycat, and she said it went through. I can give you the name of the winner of the lot that daisycat withdrew her offer on after it disappeared.

I also have noted down the lot numbers and the other people who offered on them,

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 15 February 2023 at 7:10 PM

@minnie298a @daisycat no worries! please ping again here if it happens again and leave the trade open for me to review šŸ˜Š

Female
1,750 posts

minnie298a • 2 April 2023 at 8:36 PM

@Ian @jlya
Hi. I was checking the offers on my current giveaway and noticed an offer has disappeared again.

Trade Lot - Trade #1023687
It was the second offer I received on that lot, but I can't remember the item (it was only one item, no ec). Details from notification:
jlya submitted an offer on Trade #1023687.
March 25, 12:34 PM

The item was showing two days ago when I last checked.

Female
2,736 posts

jlya • 2 April 2023 at 9:44 PM

@minnie298a
That's so weird!! It's not showing up on my end either?
See, I could have sworn I offered a strawberry on that lot but then a couple days ago it wasn't locked in my inventory so I assumed I'd offered something else... I don't know for sure it was a strawberry but maybe it returned itself to my inventory and kept the offer on the trade??

Female
1,750 posts

minnie298a • 2 April 2023 at 11:35 PM

@jlya
I think for the lots that opened this thread, the item totally disappeared. daisycat withdrew her glitched offer, but didn't get the item back, although it did withdraw "correctly" from my end. But I drew those lots before it could be investigated properly.

This time there is a couple of days to investigate, but I do have time to hold any problematic lots if need be before they time out of the Trade Centre.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 3 April 2023 at 2:21 PM

@captaincookies @minnie298a @jlya

Thank you!!! Issue has been found and FIXED! šŸ˜Š Items were being asked for in quests and handed in for quests--thus disappearing. The quest area was forgetting to check if the item was locked or not.

Now, quests are checking to ensure all items handed in are UNLOCKED and available and not in another transaction. ā¤ļø All good now.

Female
2,736 posts

jlya • 3 April 2023 at 2:33 PM

@ian
I thought about that earlier and then forgot what my brilliant idea was xD I was thinking something that was locked from my inventory was being taken for quests. Thank you for investigating and solving the issue! ā¤ļø

Non-binary
248 posts

captaincookies • 3 April 2023 at 5:36 PM

Iā€™m glad my grass sandwich can be at peace now. Greener pastures lie beyond for my beloved sandwich, taken too early from this world