Chocolate sent list

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 15 February 2023 at 12:06 AM

This is an idea that deserves its own thread (imo)

Not that the leaderboard isn't fun, but I've seen lots of people bring up that it would be nice to have a list of people we've sent Chocolates to.
(And the Received list can be wishy-washy for the frazzled & absent minded. *raises hand in unity*)

Back when I was more organized this wasn't an issue for me, but I'm glad I saw commentary on it so I could start taking notes right away.

Main point: It would be really nice if there was a way on-site for us to keep track of who we've sent chocolates to. Even if it was just for the last 24 hours or last 25 exchanges (if server space is an issue.)

@daisycat
@heatherm19

Female
1,303 posts

daisycat • 15 February 2023 at 12:10 AM

@snowywinter
Please. :c Seems like something that should already be available for each individual user privately; chocs sent page, chocs received page.

Initially, I was keeping all the sent notifications at the bottom of that page. I didn't want to delete them because I wanted it logged to keep track of totals just out of curiosity. Then I realized it would be less confusing to send back and delete, thus clearing the page. So that's what I'm doing now. I do think it would be nice to still have that information. I'm semi-logging info in a notepad doc, so that's an option, but deleting as I go.

Female
2,934 posts

heatherm19 • 15 February 2023 at 12:10 AM

YES please! I've already gotten very confused at who I've already sent chocolates to an who I need to send to (ie, that person that just sent me chocolates, was that a 'send-back' because I sent them something earlier, or is this new and I need to send to them?) A sent list would be extremely helpful!

(And look at me not paying attention, I didn't even realize there were leaderboards until this post!)

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 15 February 2023 at 12:19 AM

@daisycat
I'm keeping the names in my notepad and putting an X after to indicate when a transaction is complete.
(The notes come in helpful to know who has done even exchanges or not, and how long it's taken for returns and why. And who prefers doing smaller or larger amounts.
My anxiety is through the roof rn, so it's helping me know who to pick based on whether I'm in a hurry or not and how much i have on hand to exchange.)

now I'm wondering if there was an on site-list if I'd have bothered making my own >.<
and it's coming in so handy!

@heatherm19
I forgot about the leaderboards until I clicked on them *thinking* they were the Sent and Received lists (like you'd expect in Trades and Auctions.) >.<

141 posts

stormwarden • 15 February 2023 at 12:33 AM

i second this especially when i send chocolates and then receive the 1:1 later in the day and forget that i was the person who sent them first ^^; thankfully there's the sent:received ratio to check but i'm surprised that this list wasn't implemented in the first place? the only reason why that i can think of would be to avoid harassment if the user sees that the chocos clearly weren't returned, but people are already keeping track of this anyway

77 posts

salvalli • 19 February 2023 at 12:42 AM

Yes, this please. Support!

I sent a few off, as part of trades, and then saw the notifications at the bottom of the person sending me boxes and had to manually delete them so I didn't accidentally send them boxes twice.

Now I just use the send back option. Then I know that they sent me stuff and I'm returning the exact amount as I send it off.

I'm still at a large discrepancy though. I think someone forgot to send back to me, and that large amount is really important so I can make my goal before the shop closes. I'm strapped for time, and I can't really mine for boxes every day. At this rate I'll only be about to just maybe get one of the new creature and one Cupig (sp?).

That's fine! But... those missing chocolates are making things more difficult for me. And I'm sure if the person knew they hadn't sent back, they would do so immediately. Like, I'm fairly sure it's a case that they just forgot rather than anything intentional.

I know if I forgot by accident, I would feel bad and having a handy way to make sure I reciprocated would go a long way to ease my worries. Besides, I'm not high enough to be anywhere near the leaderboard, so I'm the only one who can see what I've gathered, sent and received... and I'm glad no one has accused me of shortchanging them. So having personal sent/received lists would be super helpful, since I use mobile and can't always make my own notes of what I've done.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 19 February 2023 at 1:16 AM

pondering @salvalli's dilemma, and my own fear again as I was sending back chocolates under the Recent Activity options - I'm always worried about typing in the wrong number. And once you submit it, there's no way to tell if you sent as much as you meant to.
That's been one of the most stressful parts for my this time around... is just not knowing.

While there is the potential for harassment (as @/stormwarden pointed out,) most of us honestly just want to be on the up and up and do our fair part. (I'm sure any harassment of players around here would be governed by the same principles as begging for creatures is around here. Okay to ask, but not to be a nuisance.)

Sort of New/additional idea:
@/salvalli's well worded post made me think of another advantage that having a list of sent and received could have.
IF there was a version that just had a running total by name (Think of how the tabs of User Shops sort them in different ways,) then people who trade back and forth regularly wouldn't have to stick to specific amounts tit-for-tat / 1:1. They could agree on a certain goal ahead of time. 500 for example, and throw 10, 20, 75 whenever they felt like it until they reached that goal.