🐱Creature suggestion-Mewrimo 🍃 [Spring/Summer]

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

What do you think of the Mewrimo?

Female
177 posts

pastelrabbit • 20 February 2023 at 5:43 PM

I’ve been on the site for a few months and I’ve been loving it so far, so I decided why not try posting a creature suggestion, this is my first one ever.

🐱Mewrimo 🍃

Imgbb link to the art (by me):
https://ibb.co/FXT0Tmr

Name: Mew + Marimo

Inspiration: The main inspiration for this creature is the marimo.
Also known as the moss ball or lake ball.
They are actually a type of algae that live in colder shallow lakes.

Egg description:
The egg has a firm translucent jelly-like shell, what appears to be a marimo sitting inside. The egg needs to be submerged in water in order to hatch.

Creature description:
During the first few weeks of a Mewrimo’s life they resemble a marimo plant with tiny eyes that are hard to notice and easy to miss. After a couple months, Mewrimos will grow a pair of feet and a tail and will no longer need to be submerged in water, and can spend as much time on land as they wish (as long as they stay hydrated). Mewrimo will occasionally eat small fish or shrimp, but will mostly use their fur to photosynthesize to feed themselves. Due to their resemblance to marimo that shrimp and small fish graze on, it is often easy for them to sneak up on their prey in order to eat it. Mewrimo need to drink clean fresh water, and will use their special tails to filter dirt and salt out of the water for themselves to drink.

Weight:
0.1 kg
Height:
0.3 m
Gender Profile:
Standard
Habitat:
Lakes

#creaturesuggestion

Note to staff: feel free to change the amount of feeds needed to evolve the creature to a smaller amount! (Eg. egg to stage 2 250 feeds - stage 2 to stage 3 500 feeds etc)
I was originally going to have 4 stages but the original 2nd stage wasn’t that different from the original third stage. The original 2nd stage was just the current 2nd stage but with no cat ears or whiskers.

Pings: (sorry if you do not enjoy receiving pings)
@ian
@wonder404exe
@daisycat
@ladyheathen

Demifluid
1,504 posts

wonder404exe • 20 February 2023 at 5:50 PM

@pastelrabbit
ITS A CATUS- but fluffy… :’0 FLUFFY!!

Female
177 posts

pastelrabbit • 20 February 2023 at 5:53 PM

Tysm! I honestly tired my best to make the Mewrimo look super fluffy and cuddly! I was originally gonna name it the mosskat lol

Female
1,304 posts

daisycat • 20 February 2023 at 6:11 PM

@pastelrabbit
Omg! I love this so much. :,) My bf and I have a pet moss ball, I love them! I even have a pet on here named Mossball. 😊

Me 'n' @matcha's baby: https://ibb.co/3sTWwZw

Your artwork is absolutely adorable!! Mewrimo is a very clever name. 💚 Mosskat is cute as well, but Mewrimo is a good choice because it can give more insight towards marimos and moss balls in case someone hasn't heard of them before.

I love:
- the egg's white / transparent look; reminds me of the Efni egg which I think looks very appealing.
- how happy the Mewrimo looks in the stage 2 bowl!
- the insane cuteness of the adult stage! The face and fluffy tail omg!!
- the overall design (I prefer simplicity for creatures on here, so this is my taste).
- that it's a cat, can never have too many cat creatures hehe.
- the color palette.

So cute:
"use their fur to photosynthesize to feed themselves"
"special tails to filter dirt and salt out of the water"

Such a darling suggestion. I would love having a Mewrimo as a creature! Thank you for the ping!

@bluewolf
@twinkle
@pwuffy
@dragrawr
@moonflower

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 20 February 2023 at 6:14 PM

@pastelrabbit
Oooo it's so adorable and fluffy!! ❤️
I love the egg design the most but each stage is very cute 😊
The concept is unique, too!!
This HAS to be made :>

Female
2,553 posts

dragrawr • 20 February 2023 at 6:20 PM

@pastelrabbit SObBING this critter is so cute it would be perfect on eggcave!! I think it would look so lovely as an April creature! April rain = moss!

141 posts

stormwarden • 20 February 2023 at 6:20 PM

omg i love this sososo much!! cats and marimo balls my beloved.. ❤️ that egg stage is so super cute!!

Male
2,327 posts

raitonchidori • 22 February 2023 at 3:50 AM

@pastelrabbit really cute!

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 22 February 2023 at 4:55 AM

@pastelrabbit so cute! it reminds me of catcus

321 posts

chihiro_sang • 22 February 2023 at 11:13 AM

A marimo kitty, so cute. I think you could build on them being a distant relation of the catcus for site lore.

Female
586 posts

nanami • 22 February 2023 at 3:34 PM

So cute 😊

Deleted • 22 February 2023 at 5:37 PM

@pastelrabbit omg how cute I want one

Female
177 posts

pastelrabbit • 24 February 2023 at 9:45 PM

@lululoo @nanami @chihiro_sang
@raitonchidori @murfijs
Thanks!

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 24 February 2023 at 11:18 PM

omg, another terrarium pet! but sort of in reverse... well, all the others on site are sort of in reverse so this is... normal? but it's moss(algae technically, but it looks like moss) AND a cat?! hee, reminds me of a moss dragon I once had. poor thing got uprooted when the neighbor was digging some stuff up, but it was too cold out so I was going to try to keep it alive until spring.
(looking up what marimo are though... omg... flashbacks to one time a sports bottle got lost under my bed. I didn't find it for months because my bed was closed off on 3 sides. When I finally found it it had two large growth balls in it. I end up keeping it as a pet of sorts. I planned on eventually taking it to some sort of lab to find out what they were. - this was before the days of heading to the internet to post pictures and ask people. But when I moved out my parents house the foot was put down on my science project. Given that the person saying no had said yes to saving my best friend from certain death I could easily make that compromise. R.I.P little buddies, hopefully the landfill was good to you.)

This creature design is so unique and fresh and AWESOME! I don't know how this one could be turned down. Everything from the art to the concept so so well thought out. I really hope it gets made! : )

Female
177 posts

pastelrabbit • 26 February 2023 at 5:52 PM

@snowywinter tysm!
I did some research and sadly we can’t keep marimo here in Canada since some can be infested with zebra mussels which are invasive here. It’s quite unfortunate since marimo are so cute!

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 26 February 2023 at 6:01 PM

@pastelrabbit I don't know if it was because of Google spying on my location or what, but the zebra muscle thing were the first results I was shown. Didn't feel like being a downer on the thread, but that's a HUGE concern for me too. The muscles have had such a detrimental impact on our environments around the Great Lakes. Some things are starting to bounce back as species adapt, but there are other things that will be lost forever.

Random thought: Are the algae balls nature's aquatic answer to snowballs? (I mean, the lakes here make ice balls all on their own.)

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 28 February 2023 at 4:13 PM

@pastelrabbit
I love this suggestion! It's such an adorable mossball ~❤️

Female
177 posts

pastelrabbit • 1 March 2023 at 3:59 PM

@jlya tysm!

@snowywinter I know I’m concerned too, I think it’s very important to maintain an environments natural ecosystem and keep out invasive species so the native species can thrive.

(Also answer to your random thought)perhaps

Female
38 posts

carsaphir • 2 March 2023 at 4:34 AM

It's to cute *w*

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 2 March 2023 at 4:57 AM

Oh my gosh, this is so cute! I love a moss ball, I love cats, this has my full support! ❤️ ❤️

Female
177 posts

pastelrabbit • 3 March 2023 at 3:55 PM

@kataclysm @carsaphir
Tysm!

181 posts

noman15 • 6 March 2023 at 11:15 AM

Cool, I love marimo.

Androgyne
38 posts

kairinrose • 6 March 2023 at 11:23 AM

I need this desperately!!! I love the cat shaped bowl for the egg abdvcbbcv

Male
94 posts

matcha • 9 March 2023 at 10:30 PM

@pastelrabbit Really cute! Now I wanna add little ears to me and @daisycat 's moss ball.

Female
1,304 posts

daisycat • 9 March 2023 at 10:52 PM

Some more thoughts... This would be such a cute April creature because April showers bring fresh moss... but also, maybe some people find owning a moss ball as a pet to be quite silly. Like, is it a real pet? Would you qualify it as one? Maybe it's a "joke" pet? To have a moss ball? 😊 So I think it works out so well for an April Fool's Day creature! 💚

Agender
122 posts

mr-blue-bones • 10 March 2023 at 12:18 AM

As someone who owns marimos, I need this so much! ❤️ The egg stage is so dang cute!

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 10 March 2023 at 1:55 AM

This is super cute! 😊

Female
177 posts

pastelrabbit • 13 March 2023 at 1:57 PM

@noman15 @kairinrose @matcha
@daisycat @mr-blue-bones
@musicgurl333
Tysm!
I also tried to make the design slightly goofy but mostly poofy and cute!

Gender Nonconforming
227 posts

dibabeebees • 12 August 2023 at 4:01 AM

A moss ball themed pet is so unique! I love the idea :0

74 posts

spaceistheplace • 12 August 2023 at 8:58 AM

very cute 😊