Returning after forgetting about Eggcave!

in Welcomes & Introductions

Cis Female
3 posts

ladyofdragons • 17 April 2023 at 6:37 PM

Hello, I'm Luna. I'm 29 years old and love sites like this!
I'm on MagiStream, Final Outpost, and Dragon Cave.
I think I've been gone for about..3-4 years? Maybe longer?
Most everything now is new to me on here. The Egg Hunt is confusing.
I couldn't find a single egg!

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 17 April 2023 at 7:13 PM

@ladyofdragons
The Egg Hunt contains little eggs that can appear wherever you can see text and the size of the eggs are the same size of the text too.

Welcome back to Egg Cave! If you do want any help figuring out your way around please do not hesitate to ask, there has been a large number of changes. I hope you enjoy your time here ❤️

Female
1,303 posts

daisycat • 17 April 2023 at 7:19 PM

@ladyofdragons
Hi Luna! Welcome back! My name is Daisy, I'm 31. 😸 I joined EC somewhat recently, last November, but have been on Neopets since 2000. That was my main virtual pet site. :-)

Here are my tips for the Egg Hunt:

• The eggs are about the size of a lowercase o.
• They only appear on white parts of pages. They can be anywhere in the white, but are more often directly before or after text.
• Only Egg Cave text, not user-typed text. It won't be in a user's profile or forum posts. Only text typed by the Egg Cave team.
• If you highlight all the text on a page, the text and images will have a blue highlight, and the tiny egg images will have a light blue highlight.
• Unfortunately, if you're actively clicking around on EC, you may miss the eggs or only find some.

The best way: Only come on EC every 15 minutes or so, just to refresh one singular page you have open (Thief Shop and Leila Oasis work well), then you should find an egg easily. That's what I did with the archive pages, I'll just click on the next creature in line and there is usually an egg there (only if I was doing something else, not EC, for that time in between). You can watch a video or do something else online in between. For the last five eggs, wait maybe 20 minutes in between each refresh.

Feel free to check out my guild, The Nest. 😊 You can meet players, participate in contests to win prizes, and much more. All the details are found in the main post of that link. You can also visit the guild account, @nest. Please PM me if you have any questions!

Gender Nonconforming
225 posts

dibabeebees • 17 April 2023 at 7:22 PM

WELCOME NEW FRIEND!!! I AM VIC!!

Almosr anything on my side (dibabeebeesadopts) is free if you want anything from there :]

Female
166 posts

vivian • 17 April 2023 at 7:23 PM

Welcome back to eggcave! I did the same thing after deactivating my account years ago.. back again and better than ever 😊 if you ever need any help with anything, feel free to message me ! Hoping you enjoy it here ♡

Demifluid
1,504 posts

wonder404exe • 17 April 2023 at 7:32 PM

@ladyofdragons
Hullo! Welcome back!