If you love virtual pet sites…

in Entertainment

Female
219 posts

bribri1114845 • 13 May 2023 at 3:36 PM

you should check out Xanje!
I just love it so much and would loooove to see it grow. There’s genetics-based breeding and hundreds of patterns and color combos. Here’s an example of the gorgeous pet art:

https://www.xanje.com/pet/47123948

Plus, if you love to create creature ideas for eggcave, you can design pet patterns on Xanje too 😊

If you wanna be really cool you can check it out with my referral link, but mostly I just want to entice more people to join the community 😊

https://www.xanje.com/register?refer=moth

Female
1,307 posts

daisycat • 13 May 2023 at 6:22 PM

@bribri1114845
Thank you for sharing! I've always been a bit enticed by Xanje. I'm curious on what types of domestic cat, bug (colloquially), and rodent pets it has! What is the currency situation like? I'd love a game where it's a bit easier to obtain certain things (such as not having to use cash or build up in-game currency to trade for cash currency).

Female
219 posts

bribri1114845 • 13 May 2023 at 8:22 PM

You can see all the different kinds of pets here!

https://www.xanje.com/library/pets

There’s domestic cats, and many cat-like creatures. As for bugs, theres a beetle creature (the beeble) (great name imo) a snail (the snuul) and a couple other buggylike creatures (the skleech, flitlet, butterfly dragons) AND for rodents, there’s mice (minmerras) and a jerboa-like creature (widgeritts) So, yeah! I think it could use some more bugs personally lol, but they’re all really great.

As for the currency, there are several different kinds. Technically, any item in the game can be used as currency in the user marketplace. The site’s main pet shops take primarily coins and the premium currency, red stones. Though there are multiple specialty shops that take items you can easily find on the site, like flowers (current spring shop) or event items when there’s an event. Coins are pretty easy to make imo, the mini games pay out well and there’s a few hourly or daily ways to get some too. The red stones are 99 cents each, but sometimes they go on sale for 50 cents each. Once you become a bit of an established player I’d say it’s not too hard to come by them without paying, by trading pets or items for them. I hope this helps!

Female
166 posts

vivian • 13 May 2023 at 9:22 PM

Thanks for sharing! I absolutely LOVE Xanje and recently just came back to it and made a new account there as well! Feel free to add me, my username on there is ~viviian . ♡ Glad to see someone else giving love to both Eggcave and Xanje ♡

Female
22 posts

phantomenna • 14 May 2023 at 12:26 AM

Ooooh I'm going to check it out, thanks for the heads-up! I've been looking for more of virtual pet sites and this one looks great. It looks like you can have unlimited pets??? If so, that is literally the most amazing thing ever since I'm a total collector.

Female
219 posts

bribri1114845 • 16 May 2023 at 1:22 AM

@daisycat forgot to ping you, lol whoops!

@vivian Yay!! I’m glad you returned! I feel like the Xanje community has somehow shrunk rather than grown, which I will not stand for 😭 I’ll send you a fr! 😊

@phantomenna YES! unlimited pets! I love that too, especially because the variety of colors for each pattern of each pet is basically infinite. Every pet is unique!

Female
3 posts

moth • 18 May 2023 at 12:02 AM

(side account here) Just wanted to add, if anyone decides to join and thinks they’ll stick around, message me on Xanje (~moth) with your fave pet species and I’ll send ya a little welcome gift ☺️

Female
7 posts

unlawfulcartwheel • 6 July 2023 at 8:59 PM

I am a sucker for virtual pet sites so I'll check it out. Thanks for the recommendation!

Female
219 posts

bribri1114845 • 7 July 2023 at 3:02 PM

@unlawfulcartwheel Yay! I hope you enjoy 😊

Female
20 posts

k420grrrl • 16 August 2023 at 11:04 AM

I have bookmarked that site. 😊 I will check it out later.

Female
1,127 posts

musical_slytherclaw • 18 August 2023 at 9:46 PM

I'll check it out as soon as I'm able. thank you for the recommendation! ❤️

Female
219 posts

bribri1114845 • 19 August 2023 at 9:55 PM

@k420grrrl @musical_slytherclaw

Love to hear it! 😊

Female
20 posts

k420grrrl • 19 August 2023 at 11:41 PM

@bribri1114845 I have an account, and I have been trying it. It's very different and calming.

Non-binary
1,417 posts

provo7demons • 26 August 2023 at 12:46 PM

Just created an account, excited to check things out!

Female
219 posts

bribri1114845 • 27 August 2023 at 1:16 AM

@k420grrrl
I agree! I really like how different it is. I love just shuffling through the shop pets to find the prettiest color combos, it is relaxing 😊

@provo7demons
I’m so glad! I hope you enjoy, and thanks for checking it out 😊

Transmasculine
14 posts

sleepycalaban • 11 October 2023 at 4:17 AM

I'm glad to see another Xanje, Egg cave user! I joined Xanje before here buttt I love both dearly these are probably my top two games at the moment. Anyone who reads this is welcome to add me (on here or on Xanje) my user on Xanje is the same as here. 😊

I also feel the same way about it feeling like it's shrinking. I started posting my referral, like, everywhere. I even have a thread I'm constantly bumping on the toyhouse forums to see if we can get some new players.

Female
219 posts

bribri1114845 • 13 October 2023 at 3:17 PM

@sleepycalaban Hi! That's awesome, have you gotten any referrals? I've gotten a few ❤️ I hope we can build Xanje's community back up! also I just saw your virtual pet sites masterlist, it's fantastic. I'll be checking those out too lol (moshi monsters remake omg!)

Transmasculine
14 posts

sleepycalaban • 13 October 2023 at 5:10 PM

@bribri1114845
I've gotten quite a few from people on toyhouse and some from cohost! And ty! I'm very proud of my little masterlist lol.

If you join the moshi monsters remake I hope you enjoy it! I recently got back into it and they're slowly updating it and do little events in their news tab that give codes for ingame items 😃