Contest and Feed Stats (mostly solved)

in Help & Questions

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 25 May 2023 at 1:03 AM

So, I went to feed from a side (something I rarely do) on a feeding contest , and while creature Happiness went up, the Feed Stat did Not. I knew this from feeding the hungry coves. Stats haven't gone up when using the same device for some months now (yet there was a disconnect between that and the feeding contests.) It didn't occur to me until now it could affect that.

My question (on behalf of myself in case I ever hold one like that, and everyone who wants to evolve their creatures faster...) is: does having people feed from multiple accounts (on the same device) actually evolve the creature faster even if the visual stat doesn't go up... or are they wasting their time?

- - -
I'm not attacking anyone for holding their contests this way. There's plenty of good reasons to do so!
I'm honestly curious about the mechanics of creature evolution.

(I know it's been answered before, but 1) I couldn't find the threads, and 2) it's been a while and I know a lot of tweaks have been made to the site code since then.)

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 25 May 2023 at 1:34 AM

@snowywinter I just checked with my sides and the feed stats went up when I fed using them!

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 25 May 2023 at 1:25 PM

@bunnyshadow hmm interesting. Thank you for checking! : )

I've had different people I've asked recount different experiences. (One said it almost always gives the stat boost when she feeds from sides. Another that said it's about 50% of the time.) I wonder what is causing the discrepancy. Browsers? OS? IP? How the system counts IPs to prevent cheating (implemented before side verification.) 🤔 🔎

- - -

Edit: Ah Ha! Not sure if person wants to remain anon or not since the PMd me about it... but they did a test too and found the Total goes up even if the Daily Red (+) number stays the same.

Still curious to the why, but this is a huge relief.