Damn ads!!

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
422 posts

suzanab • 31 May 2023 at 6:27 AM

Seriously, am I the only one bothered by the constant ads covering almost half a page of ANY page?!?! Been over a week now and nothing is done, while my ticket is getting ignored. Can we have a petition, a vote, a something to finally get rid of the page covering up and down ads?! Please!!

Fluid
141 posts

mindwhiper • 31 May 2023 at 9:59 PM

@suzanab same thing, it's terribly annoying. Found salvation in another browser for phone which cut off ALL ads (brave). Finally, my soul become a peaceful entity. On entire site almost impossible to play with adds, so I cut them off from all browsers I work. No shame, seriously.

Female
2,934 posts

heatherm19 • 1 June 2023 at 12:34 AM

@suzanab Honestly I just have an ad-blocker on, I think I turned it off once when I first started playing and then turned it back on when I saw how much slower the ads made feeding. (I do usually try to allow ads on sites I'm on frequently, but I've bought so much CC here I feel totally fine blocking ads.)

(Personally what annoys me about the ads is how many there are, do we really need *three* separate ads on every single page? I feel like it wouldn't cause so much lag if there was only one per page.) (I do sometimes use incognito mode to check a side without logging out of my main, and that shows the ads, that's the only reason I even noticed.)

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 1 June 2023 at 3:14 AM

@heatherm19 the worst part for me when I've gone back to the version that has ads is the bouncing around until the page fully loads. (Doesn't matter device, OS, browser, it does it on all of them.)

I keep wondering if removing the ads above the Feed button would prevent this (as it would also prevent the ads covering the page issue that keeps cropping up) or if the ads on the side and bottom of the page would still cause the bouncing issue too?

As for the lag if ads were reduced I'd prefer the ones on the side stay. (because honest even when I was using someone's internet that generated ads I was interested in, I hardly ever saw the ones on the bottom even when I wanted to look for them.) The ones on the side of the page aren't intrusive, yet not out of mind either.

Female
422 posts

suzanab • 1 June 2023 at 11:25 AM

Thank you all for the support ❤️ @staff, ANYthing done yet? Today still the same.

Now they want me to go visit a dating site?! Never have, never will, come on guys, WTH?!