Terron?

in Help & Questions

27 posts

oceanwhispers • 8 June 2023 at 2:00 AM

Hi! I’m sorry if this has been answered before, but are Terron eggs just hard to come by? I’ve only been really playing for about two weeks but I haven’t seen any in cave yet and was curious if it just doesn’t show up often or if there’s something to it or something.

Female
1,718 posts

minnie298a • 9 June 2023 at 8:08 PM

@oceanwhispers
I'm fairly certain that they are on the rarer side.

However I also vaguely remember some sort of criteria, like they only show up between certain times. But I'm not sure if that is lore or just a theory, or even about the Terron (I'm also thinking the same about the Mo).

Either way, it is about luck. I see one maybe a couple of times a year.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 16 June 2023 at 4:21 AM

Just want to confirm... As someone (who when I *really* put forth the effort can snag 2-4 Terrons a month,) snagged quite a few in two years, they are only available in a small 10 minute window, and not every day. I haven't noticed a pattern to which days though.

Even knowing when that window of time is, and saving all my cave attempts for that period of time, they can still be hard to come by.

I happened by it by accident at first because that's just when my regular time to check the Cave was... but an old introduction/welcome thread actually confirmed it. (Wish i still had the link. It was written forever ago, but when I was new, a player sent me to it. ...much more helpful than the official FAQ imo)

The Terron's species profile has *some* clues. As long as you consider Eggcave's timezone.

For those in the know it can be quite competitive. Worse than the Oasis since the Oasis is random. With Terrons there's only one to three released in a day, and everyone is scrambling at the same time >.<

27 posts

oceanwhispers • 26 June 2023 at 11:32 PM

@snowywinter That’s really interesting, I had no idea! Is it known when that 10 minute window is? I have no idea what time it would be @-@

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 27 June 2023 at 12:14 AM

@oceanwhispers
I will PM you the time I believe they're available; not sure if it'd be bad to post it publicly. 😊

Female
5,402 posts

Orderedchaos • 27 June 2023 at 12:26 AM

Terrons can be found around 3am Egg Cave time. There are not a limited number released, you just have to get lucky and find one in the cave just like any other creature.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 27 June 2023 at 10:47 PM

@Orderedchaos O.O Thank you for clarifying that about the limited number (that there isn't one ! ! !)

@oceanwhispers So sorry I didn't reply (sooner) ...I've been falling asleep left and right and forgot I got pinged.

And thank you @daisycat for getting there before I did ^^

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 27 June 2023 at 11:07 PM

@oceanwhispers

Both Terrons and Mos are hard to find, but sometimes you can find them in auctions and trades if you don't find yours in a cave.