Creature suggestion: Pockit

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
1,571 posts

isis • 13 June 2023 at 6:25 PM

Hello and welcome to my tamagotchi themed #creaturesuggestion!

https://www.deviantart.com/isiseggcave/art/Pockit-purple-main-color-pick-983249497

Creature description

-About Pockit eggs-

At first glance, the Pockit seems to be a lifeless a plastic toy. Upon careful inspection however, it's possible to hear soft purrs and a heartbeat coming from the device. As the crack on the digital egg grows, these faint signs of life become more noticeable as well. What will happen when the egg hatches?

-About the Pockit creature-

Pockits are small, digital pets that are encased by a plastic cocoon of sorts, which is actually a part of the creature itself as well! As the Pockit develops, so too does its home. Once a Pockit hatches, its exterior will grow small buttons that, when pressed, will provide the newly hatched Pockit with all the care it needs. The middle button is for food, the left one is for cleaning and the right one is for playing games. It sounds easy, but Pockits aren't capable of pressing these buttons themselves. Because of this, Pockits are extremely dependent on finding a caretaker to bond with. Its bright colors are meant to draw anyone's attention, in hopes of finding a forever friend. Raising a Pockit is very rewarding, as it's very affectionate by nature. It will purr and approach its little window to greet its owner any time it gets picked up or fed. Its tail, resembling a keychain, makes it easy to carry it anywhere too. Throughout its life, a Pockit will grow sticker-like markings on its outer shell. Each marking serves as a reminder of a precious memory that the Pockit made with its caretaker.

Weight: 0.03 kg
Height: 0.01 m
Gender Profile: Genderless (94% non-binary, 3% male, 3% female)
Habitat: Unknown (Or Faela city perhaps?)

(Feel free to change the above info if needed)

Additional notes

A few clarifications, on the off chance my concept gets chosen:

-The name Pockit stems from pocket+kitten, as you probably guessed πŸ˜ƒ

-The Pockit needs feeds, because that's how tamagotchis grow as well.

-I don't have a specific release month in mind, any time is fine I think.

-Edit: there was a question about copyright which I've addressed in the replies a little down below

To the artist:

-The color used doesn't matter all that much, I had a pretty hard time choosing but decided on the purple-pink shade because it makes the screen stand out nicely. I made a few color variations just in case:

https://www.deviantart.com/isiseggcave/art/Pockit-blue-983249486

https://www.deviantart.com/isiseggcave/art/Pockit-green-983249493

The main thing is that I'd like it to be a gradient of (at least) two colors. The keychain decoration on the last stage should have those same colors as well, and the little decoration around the buttons on the last stage should probably have the color of the opposing side of the creature, but I'm not the best at picking colors so, whatever works there, really!

-The position, shape and color of the stickers can be anything.

-The buttons are supposed to resemble how the Pockit feels, so in stage 2, they looks like a sleepy face, and in stage 3 they look like a happy face :>

-On stage 2, the pixels at the bottom are the broken egg shell. Wasn't sure whether to include that or not. It's optional.

And that's about it! Feel free to leave any feedback, good or bad ❀️

Some random pings, hope you guys don't mind!

@daisycat
@shirothekittehlover
@vivian
@dragrawr
@wonder404exe

Female
1,297 posts

daisycat • 13 June 2023 at 6:32 PM

@isis
Yay! I love this so much!! Tamagotchi + pixel kitty = instant winner in my book. The button faces are so cute. I'd love for this to be made. 😸

I'll let everyone know why I love the purple version:
It's the most pleasing to the eyes because the pinkish tones in the purple gradient go well with the green screen, as green and red are complementary colors (and pink is a shade of red). It makes the design POP with contrast. The other colors look good too, but purple looks fantastic for this color theory reason. πŸ˜ƒ

I love these parts~
"soft purrs and a heartbeat coming from the device"
"purr and approach its little window"
"a reminder of a precious memory"

@okami
@twinkle
@matcha

Deleted • 13 June 2023 at 6:33 PM

@isis Omg it so wonderful reminds me of that pocket game lol with you can feed pets

1,954 posts

opalquinze • 13 June 2023 at 7:04 PM

omg i would definitely get this since it reminded me of my very first one i had years ago (i unfortunately didn't know how to properly take care of it back then, so i always got the "badly cared" one every time)!

i'm not that good at colors either, but the pink/purple gradient fits the best since my attention is caught towards the screen (which i'm sure that's what you were going for)

Male
3 posts

gigachad • 13 June 2023 at 7:51 PM

I love it so much! Purple is my favorite color for sure second favorite is probably Yellow and Green tbh, I would love to have some kind of video game themed month it would be epic!

Female
2,546 posts

dragrawr • 13 June 2023 at 10:01 PM

@isis yeha imma need ten.

Used to have these little guys when I was younger, I love love love this.

Female
1,318 posts

twinkle • 13 June 2023 at 10:10 PM

@isis I was just wondering if using the Tamagotchi concept wouldn't cause any copyright issue? If it doesn't then I'd love to have one!! And if it does, we can surely come up of ways to get past that 😊

Male
92 posts

matcha • 14 June 2023 at 12:13 AM

This is super cute! I love tamagotchi 😊

Female
919 posts

shirothekittehlover • 14 June 2023 at 2:18 AM

@isis
Oh. My. Goodness.
This creature...... It's just... a perfection.
The concept is brilliant (virtual adoptable pet-), the evolution criteria is perfect (altho I think clicks would do too- /lh), and my god, look at that face, so adorable ^^
Like what everyone else said above, I do think the purple version looks better, it's so eye-catching and pleasant to the eye!
(Oh yea and a retro-themed month with this creature would be nice as well :>)

~~~~~

Also uhhhh unnecessary and stupid question but how does it even move??

Female
1,571 posts

isis • 14 June 2023 at 3:15 AM

@twinkle I hadn't thought about copyright tbh! I feel like especially as long as it's a cave creature (aka no monetary gain from it) it should be fine? Additionally it's not using the tamagotchi name, I mentioned it as inspiration for it in this post but in the creature description itself it's not being advertised as such/relevant at all. The pixel creature design is also not based on any real tamas. Obviously I'm not an expert about this though ^^; Some changes to the design could also be made, like a different shape of the device or the buttons could be on the side or above the creature, to make it look a little more different still. I'll add that to the description just in case!

@shirothekittehlover it can only move around on the screen, not physically, another reason why it needs to be adopted real bad x) But even so, it doesn't really feel the need to move because the screen is their home and the only place they need/want to be, really. They do appreciate a change of scenery every now and then though πŸ˜ƒ

-

Thanks so much for the feedback everyone!

Female
919 posts

shirothekittehlover • 14 June 2023 at 3:20 AM

@isis
Oooohh :0
(Also, when a Pockit dies does it have a death animation like an actual vpet or smth?? /genq)

Female
1,571 posts

isis • 14 June 2023 at 3:25 AM

@shirothekittehlover ooo imagine if yours dies and you go to revive it with your resurrection stone and you notice there's like, a gravestone on the screen now 😭 But yeah, I think that would be how it works! Pockits don't die from old age though, it would have to be neglience from the owner because all they need is their virtual food and they could live forever that way

Female
1,318 posts

twinkle • 14 June 2023 at 3:29 AM

@isis Thanks for the response! I'm not an expert on legalities too. I just had to point it out in case the staff will also think the same-- at least it has been addressed beforehand 😊 I really adore pixel art so I genuinely hope this gets made ❀️

Female
1,571 posts

isis • 14 June 2023 at 3:36 AM

@twinkle makes sense for sure, it's a good thing to be aware of! In any case it was a fun little thing to design, whether it ends up being used or not, and that's what matters in the end πŸ˜ƒ Appreciate the feedback ❀️

Female
919 posts

shirothekittehlover • 14 June 2023 at 3:38 AM

@isis
Ian needs to implement that and I'll die on this hill /j
(Also I think this creature could explain why feed stats exist /lh)

319 posts

chihiro_sang • 14 June 2023 at 10:43 AM

Cool a tamagotchi, that would fit in with some of the Faela City pets.

Female
1,571 posts

isis • 14 June 2023 at 11:54 AM

@chihiro_sang you're right, that could be a good habitat for it, I completely forgot about that one πŸ˜ƒ

Female
889 posts

mythisea • 14 June 2023 at 6:38 PM

@isis I love this idea of a different art if the creature dies and gets resurrected, that would be such a cool idea to implement on this site. It'd make it more interesting re: LoV also, like having to transfer it off an account to kill the creature? That'd be a totally novel idea!

Female
166 posts

vivian • 14 June 2023 at 8:56 PM

β”Œβ”€β”€β”€ ο½₯ ο½‘οΎŸβ˜…: *.β˜ͺ .* : ───┐
Wow ! This is an absolutely adorable design! I would also love to see a tamagotchi themed trinket travel to go with it! ^^
Thank you for pinging me!

Pings (hope you all don't mind! What do you think of this cute design?)
@sunduck
@toebeans
@suzanab

└─── ο½₯ ο½‘οΎŸβ˜…: *.β˜ͺ .* :β”€β”€β”€β”˜

Female
422 posts

suzanab • 15 June 2023 at 11:22 AM

EEEP! EGGMAGOTCHI! πŸ˜ƒ Love, love, love!

Female
155 posts

cuty • 17 June 2023 at 1:49 PM

oh i love them! you always suggest wonderful and unique creatures so kudos to you for that ❀️ i would definitely get pockit!

Female
177 posts

pastelrabbit • 17 June 2023 at 5:15 PM

@isis I love this creature suggestion, a little kitty tamagotchi creature! I think it would be a very unique creature! ❀️

Edit: also I saw some other people talking about copyright issues, perhaps the egg shape of the device to be changed to a cat head or heart?

Other
136 posts

pauloacacio • 21 June 2023 at 9:47 AM

Very very cool!

Trans Man
22 posts

katmanchince • 13 July 2023 at 12:25 PM

OMG YIS!!! I love this clever idea!!!! The art werk and colors look amazing =^-^=

180 posts

noman15 • 14 July 2023 at 3:42 PM

I love this extra-virtual virtual pet.

Female
2,398 posts

ida92 • 18 September 2023 at 6:48 AM

@isis Can you please confirm that this isn't just me? I'm receiving an "Image not found" error, when clicking the link. ☹️

1,954 posts

opalquinze • 18 September 2023 at 8:31 AM

@isis

it’s been a while, but as like ida92 (not sure if they wanna be pinged or not) said, the links to pasteboard no longer work

not sure what might’ve happened, so i think you better update your post with working links since i can’t view the images either

Female
1,571 posts

isis • 18 September 2023 at 10:04 AM

@ida92 @opalquinze you guys are right, the links were broken. I just made a deviantart account so this hopefully doesn't happen again πŸ˜… These links should be working now! Thanks a lot for the heads up ❀️

Female
2,398 posts

ida92 • 18 September 2023 at 11:04 AM

@isis thank you, it's all working now! I live the colours and all the details on this creature. ❀️

Female
392 posts

redflipflap • 16 December 2023 at 1:53 PM

Oh my god how is this not chosen!!! I love it