Using QISt for Cave Baiting items too? [ Poll ]

in Trading & Auctions

Should the Item Swapping thread be shared territory with Cave Approaches?

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 21 July 2023 at 1:29 PM

Would you be open to allowing using the Quest Item Swapping thread for Cave baiting items too?

Thought I would present this idea to the community. There's probably so many different opinions on this I thought it would be important to get ahead of it.

I personally think it could bring new life into the thread and create more visibility for the requests (even with Dailies I see some requests sit there all day.)
I have no qualms about helping others out with items for the Cave too ^^. (When I can)

Or do you think that's just getting greedy? That players should just find their own way with the Cave Attempts.

Should it have its own separate thread?

Any other input on why you'd be for or against sharing that thread for this purpose? Let's hear it! : D

Female
1,766 posts

minnie298a • 22 July 2023 at 12:14 AM

@snowywinter
I'm in two minds.

Part finds no problem, especially if the player identifies it for a quest or bait (I know I'd look sideways at some one just asking for a trinket travel, because I've forgotten about the bait). Not sure why it would make a difference to me, but somehow it feels it would, particularly when quests are part of the dailies.

But part thinks it could get close to begging territory. Only because the items are normally gifted. The baiting is more of a boost or bonus. More optional. Well unless it's added as a new task for the dailies.

I understand some items might not be available, or might have unrealistic prices. So a place to ask might be handy. Maybe it needs to turn into more of a notification and exchange, where instead of gifting, trade lots are put up. Which may have been the initial intent of the QIST before the generosity and kindness of teh community took over.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 22 July 2023 at 12:41 AM

@minnie298a
I too was thinking along similar lines in preferring if people are up front and honest about if it's for Quests or Baiting. (I just know I can get hung up on particulars and rules and it can be off-putting, and i didn't want to discourage people.)

I've actually been shy to post a few times when i have something, but am low on it and want to ask for something in return, because people have been so absolutely generous in recent years. I think the thread did start out accepting either/or, but has mostly turned into just gifting. (Nothing wrong with generosity... it just feels weird stating otherwise unless it's a really expensive item.)

Female
118 posts

osean • 23 July 2023 at 10:26 AM

Agreed with above posts.