Twinkle's Auctionhouse 💸 (Closed)

in Trading & Auctions

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 19 August 2023 at 8:32 PM

@twinkle Wait why did @musical_slytherclaw win? I posted <50 seconds after they posted?

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 19 August 2023 at 8:34 PM

@bunnyshadow they automatically win the auction if they outbid within the minute after I ping them 😊 I might modify this rule as I didn't expect to have this much activity on this forum ;w;

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 19 August 2023 at 8:35 PM

@twinkle They outbid me 3-5 minutes after you pinged them though. If you look at the forum time stamps, 1 minute after you pinged @musical_slytherclaw I would have been the first post that was sent post 1 minute occuring?

Female
811 posts

natureluvr • 19 August 2023 at 8:35 PM

Seriously I've been bidding in here for weeks and I'm not allowed in at the end? Not to mention literally ALL the auctions keep going to the same person? None of that is fair at all, I quit out of this thing.

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 19 August 2023 at 8:36 PM

@bunnyshadow they did within 5 seconds after I pinged them for a chance to steal 😊
https://i.imgur.com/X7ipI6a.png

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 19 August 2023 at 8:37 PM

@twinkle That doesn't make sense, because I bid after them immediately? What's the point of having the anti sniping rule if they can snipe it by just staying online as long as I make the 100k bid? If I had known it was this way, I wouldn't have made the 100k bid in the first place & just waited for someone else to do it.

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 19 August 2023 at 8:40 PM

@bunnyshadow Yeah that actually does makes sense :c
I didn't think they'd go that quickly when I was making the rules to be completely honest.
So should I have kept it going for another minute with just the 2 last bidders outbidding until the time stops? Cuz I think that would've been better ☹️

@natureluvr I'm so sorry! This really wasn't my intention. I have to revise my rules ;w;

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 19 August 2023 at 8:43 PM

@twinkle I don't know but this is all unfair, especially if they're all going to the same person. @natureluvr is completely right. I committed to bidding for the last minute because I thought the anti sniping rule was what I imagined it to be -- Which was between me @muscial_slytherclaw. I feel like you should allow there to be a rebid for the last 2 because I frankly got sniped and the point of this entire auction was to /not/ let that happen.

[No hard feelings to @musical_slytherclaw].

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 19 August 2023 at 8:46 PM

@bunnyshadow alright 😊 The anti-snipe rule that I made had a loophole and I'll revise it now for the last auction. I'd be willing to compensate 100CC to you for the inconvenience and thank you so much for the feedback! I'll be sure to make it fair next time ^^

Female
1,127 posts

musical_slytherclaw • 19 August 2023 at 8:50 PM

I'm...concerned ^^;

I know nothing I say can be without bias, but:

I was thinking to myself after I won the first two auctions that I should skip out on the rest because I didn't want to cause any unnecessary drama, but that's the way auctions work in the Auction Centre, so I didn't. I'm sorry if anyone is upset by me winning 4 of the 5 auctions.

@bunnyshadow I got really confused near the end honestly, but happy bidding on the last one 😊 ❤️ it was fun lol

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 19 August 2023 at 8:54 PM

@musical_slytherclaw Don't feel sorry! This is all my fault for making the rules unclear ;w;
I'll give it for free to her as a personal gift & compensation 😊
I think the last auction will be the last for good. This made me realize that online auctions are best done through a program ;w;

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 19 August 2023 at 9:01 PM

@twinkle Alright, thank you for taking my thoughts into consideration regarding the auction for the last auction. Also, @musical_slytherclaw as I mentioned previously there's no hard feelings it just felt like this forum was going to be counterproductive if the whole intention was to prevent the same couple people from sniping/getting all the auctions. Happy bidding to you as well.

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 19 August 2023 at 10:26 PM

【FINAL ANNOUNCEMENT】

Hello, everyone!
Because of what happened in the past auctions, I've decided to close this auction house for good and cancel the last one. To be honest, I'm scared that the same problems will happen again and I cannot risk to be experimental. It was really upsetting. I never wanted any of this to happen, and I'm not good at confrontations because English is not my main language and I find it difficult to find words to explain my thoughts. It's very disappointing that I really spent time, money and effort to give people a chance to join but I messed up, and realized that no matter what I do, I can't please everyone.

I originally wanted to use this auction as a way to give away CaveCash, but I couldn't figure out how to stop people from getting upset, so I have canceled it. Instead, in the future, I'll have raffle giveaways to include people who don't have a lot of time to be online.

I hope we can all move past what happened and feel better. Thank you for your support and for sharing your thoughts with me.

-Twinkle

Female
1,930 posts

chaotictreat • 19 August 2023 at 10:51 PM

@twinkle
Sorry to hear the last one's been cancelled! I do see what the others have said though. I think it was a really good concept and very nice of you to organise/host, even though the execution may not have turned out quite as planned. Having played many games with many different auction systems, there's no one system that is perfect. There will always be problems and kinks that need to be ironed out. If one day you want to try this again, I'd be happy to be part of a little group that could help analyse any possible issues and test it before release (or we could help you run it in general). But for now I do think that it is a good decision to discontinue these auctions as they currently are, since they're clearly not quite right yet. We do have a functioning auction system already built in to the website, and while it is certainly not perfect either, it is certainly much easier than organising one yourself and keeping up with all the bids and everything. Especially if your main intention of these was to give away cavecash, giveaways would be a better way to do that. But I really do appreciate the idea and intention behind these auctions, and while I'm disappointed they didn't quite work out, I personally certainly do not hold any hard feelings towards you. Thank you for organising and hosting these 😊

1,964 posts

opalquinze • 19 August 2023 at 10:52 PM

that’s understandable. honest apologies for bringing this up (as others have already stated theirs), but i can see how you tried to make it fair for anyone who wanted some CC at a reasonable amount/bid limit. unfortunately, due to the timing of the posts, an issue happened and you had to close this early.

i accept your sincere apology and hope what happened today won’t let you down in the long run.

(sorry if my wording sounds off, i’m terrible with words)

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 19 August 2023 at 11:13 PM

@chaotictreat
Thank you so much for your understanding and kind words! ❤️ I'll focus on organizing giveaways instead, which should make things simpler and more accessible for everyone but they will still be at a later date cuz I still need to collect enough CC to hold those x.x

@opalquinze
Your acceptance means a lot, and I'm determined not to let this stop me from giving free stuff in the long run cuz I love this community. Don't worry, I'm also terrible with words ;w; Thank you for your support and understanding!! ❤️

1,136 posts

taunter • 19 August 2023 at 11:49 PM

@twinkle

Don’t take it too much to heart Twinkle! Auctions are hard, and even more difficult when you try to make premium currency accessible to players who might not normally be able to do so.

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 20 August 2023 at 12:02 AM

@taunter
Thank you so much for your nice words! I really value your understanding. Running those auctions alone was tough for me, having to watch along and keep up with the bids took some effort. I'm grateful for your support and encouragement! 😊❤️

Female
1,482 posts

romanjr370 • 20 August 2023 at 12:10 PM

Hey @twinkle
I'm sorry to hear the last auction has been cancelled. I understand why and don't hold hard feelings for what happened 😊.
You did your best!
If anything thank you so much for your kindness for hosting this auction and trying to make CC accessible to everyone in a fair way ❤️.

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 21 August 2023 at 2:14 PM

Sorry this turned into the mess that it did. @twinkle forum auctions are hard and you did your best to make it fair, not to mention you were so generous in giving away CC for such cheap prices. Thank you for sincerely trying your best and resolving the situation with compensation ❤️ I understand this was frustrating and I'm sorry some users ended up with hard feelings. I hope we can all move past this knowing that we're all only human and mistakes will be made. Don't take it to heart @/twinkle ❤️ Thanks again ^^