Updating Player Guide: VEND changes, Monthly Challenge, etc

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
2,936 posts

heatherm19 • 17 September 2023 at 6:51 AM

The Player Guide is woefully outdated, and as someone who had to ask *tons* of questions as a newbie because of the lack of sufficient info, it's kind of frustrating. It would be really nice if the guide was updated to include 'newer' changes (in quotes because year-old changes aren't exactly new but...).

- The 'Quests' section still talks about reward pools, which haven't existed in almost a year
- I feel like the 'Cave & Adopting' section should mention the baiting feature
- There is nothing in the Player Guide about the Monthly Challenge, despite it being over 7 months old at this point
- I can't find any mention of the Items Database, either

In general I feel like the guide could use an overhaul, imo it seems to focus strongly on small things (a whole section on the small 'Item Collection' for individual creatures) while completely leaving out some bigger things (personally I expected the "Item Collections" section to be about your Inventory/Strongroom, but it doesn't seem like those things are addressed at all).

I would just chalk this all up to 'the guide isn't updated anymore', but that's obviously not true since the account-verification is addressed in detail.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 23 September 2023 at 12:26 AM

wow.... you bring up a great point but it just amazes me about these new features. Updates other players have mentioned in the past had been around for *years*. I can't remember what they are now since I've just gotten so used to that's just how it is. (Like it's gotten so out of date, I feel bad for Ian with how much would need to be updated at this point. As in a complete overhaul.)

...and shows how little I pay attention. I forgot Account Verification was actually added to it.
(Seriously, like 97 % of my visits to the guide are either during one of the Hunts, or for going to one of the links usually found at the top of the Cove/Creatures page.)

but yeah... mainly in this thread to add a voice of support to another round of "Please Update the User Guide!"
(I definitely feel sympathy for new players.)