Dreams Do Come True

in Chit-Chat

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 28 October 2023 at 11:20 AM

Dreams do come true! 🥹😍 I have been feeding a few local squirrels for a while now and this finally happened.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/kb7_wOXecz0

I've always wanted to hand-feed a wild squirrel and I've had a couple literal dreams about doing so! I LOVE squirrels and I guess now I'll have to live here forever and can never move. :,) Operation Take Squirrels With Me If I Move has now commenced (kidding).

The video features raw unsalted walnuts and pecans and my beautiful squirrelfriend. The approach to the initial pecan (after two walnuts) is so ;o; and the hoisting up at the end lmao... me struggling to get out of bed every morning jk.

It was quite chilly out this morning. Video starts with the second grab because I was trying to be very quiet and careful and still for the first one, so didn't get that on film. And, I started crying afterwards. XD I'm so happy. 😊

Female
2,941 posts

heatherm19 • 28 October 2023 at 12:11 PM

Omg that's so cool! I'm watching the video on loop, that squirrel is so adorable. Congrats on getting it to feed out of your hand! Seriously so cute. ❤️

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 28 October 2023 at 12:35 PM

@heatherm19
Thank you!! 😌❤️ Another one of them came up, they've all been getting tame, but this one still isn't ready to take a nut from my hand yet.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 3 November 2023 at 3:40 PM

Congratulation! *c o n f e t t i*
I miss my squirrel army so much. They really are cool little critters ^^

Female
242 posts

amethyst_elf448 • 3 November 2023 at 4:51 PM

That's the cutest thing ever omg!! Congratulations on feeding your squirrel buddy, and the little sit while they ate the pecan by you is just awesome. Now I'm off to go add "befriend a squirrel" to my bucket list 😊