Your cove lore?

in General

1,136 posts

taunter • 3 November 2023 at 12:35 PM

Anyone have fleshed out lore for their pixel creatures? I don't have any yet, but I have some ideas.

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 11 November 2023 at 8:09 PM

@taunter
Great topic! I'd love to hear about your lore ideas if you're willing. 😊

The main lore of my cove is with my Borros! Scrunchy, Squiggli, Scritchy.

It started when @matcha stole a Smokemuth and I suggested he name it "ExhaustedGrub" since that's what it looks like lol. Now with this new bug creature of his, one of my bug creatures (Scrunchy) decided to post on his wall to talk to ExhaustedGrub. It was Scrunchy because Matcha really likes her and agrees with me on how cute and funny that stage of the Borro looks LOL, like someone just placed it on its back and it's all stuck but cozy at the same time, all scrunched up. XD

What Scrunchy first said to ExhaustedGrub was a play on something hilarious from a CallMeKevin YouTube Sims video, where he made a bunch of "mole people" Sims and only allowed them to use these hidden tunnels in the walls. And the house keeps getting all these phone calls like, "Is Mole # available to talk?" like it's the most popular of the moles he made and everyone is so desperate to talk to them. XD youtube.com/watch?v=pntrMixNBxo

So Scrunchy asked, "Is ExhaustedGrub available to talk?" and ExhaustedGrub replied, kind of, "*click* I'm sorry ExhaustedGrub is currently sleeping, Would you like to leave a message?". And that's how it really kicked off, the wall posts back and forth, and really began the "so-called" friendship of Scrunchy and EG. Scrunchy even created ExhaustedClone to take EG's place when she couldn't get through to them! (Unfortunately evolved and didn't get to freeze the in the caterpillar stage.)

The bottom of Scrunchy's page features the conversation logs between her and ExhaustedGrub, so Scrunchy's page is the one to check out, if any! I hope my (and Matcha's) weirdness can entertain. ^^

M E E T  S C R U N C H Y
Scrunchy is quite the character, boasting many different attributes such as silly, smart, reserved, and playful. She takes great pleasure in talking to (and teasing) her so-called best friend, ExhaustedGrub. When not chatting with EG, Scrunchy hangs out with ExhaustedClone. Her favorite place to frequent is the Grub Bowl for an extra large cricket cone of strawbuggies 'n' cream.
 ♥︎ Lɪᴋᴇs: Flowers, ice cream, building things.
 X Dɪsʟɪᴋᴇs: Being ignored, cold weather, leaving voicemails.

M E E T  S Q U I G G L I
Squiggli is a young grublette who loves to draw fairytale scenes. She enjoys quiet, cloudy days, whether hanging out with her siblings or being on her own. Squiggli has quite the clever wit to her, but she saves it for special moments for that added burn. Others would describe her as a logical, creative wallflower.
 ♥︎ Lɪᴋᴇs: Colored pencils, hardcover books, plushies.
 X Dɪsʟɪᴋᴇs: Loud noises, being touched, social gatherings.

M E E T  S C R I T C H Y
Scritchy finds himself buzzing around Ark in search of new twigs and leaves to bring back to his woodland home. He loves to adorn their mossy abode with his findings. Scritchy's sisters, Scrunchy and Squiggli, love to have movie nights with him where they critique the set design. One day, Scritchy hopes to become an architect or interior designer.
 ♥︎ Lɪᴋᴇs: Flying, art, his sisters.
 X Dɪsʟɪᴋᴇs: Waiting, doing chores, his sisters.

𝙳𝙾𝚆𝙽𝙻𝙾𝙰𝙳𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙴𝚇𝙷𝙰𝚄𝚂𝚃𝙴𝙳𝙲𝙻𝙾𝙽𝙴.𝙴𝚇𝙴
ExhaustedClone is an invention designed out of desperation. Built over the course of four days, with a lot of bug troubleshooting, Scrunchy worked tirelessly to create a friend that had it all: Spends time with you, replies promptly, replies period. A clone was the only solution for Scrunchy's so-called friendship with her so-called best friend, ExhaustedGrub.
 ♥︎ Lɪᴋᴇs: ???
 X Dɪsʟɪᴋᴇs: ???

Male
95 posts

matcha • 12 November 2023 at 8:32 AM

@daisycat ExhaustedClone was a failed experiment, that's why it crystallized 😜

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 12 November 2023 at 8:54 AM

@matcha
LOL ExhaustedClone has entered the chat... XD >:}

Non-binary
1,417 posts

provo7demons • 14 November 2023 at 9:59 AM

@daisycat That's so cool, I've read the Borro lore while feeding your cove but I didn't realize there was a CallMeKevin reference in there! That's one of my favorites of his videos 😃

Female
932 posts

shirothekittehlover • 14 November 2023 at 10:05 AM

@taunter
I have some ✨deep-ish lore✨ in store for the Phantowl and the Frosabit but no spoilers yet lol ;p

Female
118 posts

osean • 14 November 2023 at 10:30 AM

I do not just yet

1,136 posts

taunter • 14 November 2023 at 10:58 AM

@daisycat

I swear I'll get back to you, I've just been thinking about what you've said.