Mobile V.S. PC

in General

Which device is better to feed creatures on

Male
37 posts

lunarsnowtea • 27 December 2023 at 11:38 AM

I'm starting to think that feeding is easier on Moblie but I don't think that's true for everyone since the internet connection is different for others...

Which do you think is better?

Female
2,721 posts

jlya • 27 December 2023 at 11:53 AM

100% love a PC for feeding. Internet is definitely a huge factor though.
I use a Chrome extension called Linkclump (identical to Snaplinks if you've heard of it) to open multiple tabs at a time and use CTRL+W to close them quickly. Makes feeding quick, seamless and honestly pretty relaxing ๐Ÿ˜Š

Male
37 posts

lunarsnowtea • 27 December 2023 at 1:24 PM

I might have to get that extension soon, though the problem is, is that my personal laptop is a little slow and takes days to download extensions sometimes, which is mainly the reason why I started feeding on my Phone and I also mainly use a laptop provided by the school county ๐Ÿ˜…

Female
1,743 posts

minnie298a • 2 January 2024 at 8:53 AM

@lunarsnowtea
As someone who has been restricted to my tablet for the last month or so, I have to say pc all the way. I seriously hope I can rectify the computer situation before the choc event.

On a pc I use the same strategy as jlya. For me it is definitely quicker and easier. Even before getting the extension, I preferred a computer over a smaller device. In those days I held the Ctrl key while left clicking to open the creatures in a new tab. I find it easier for questing and restocking as well.

Female
519 posts

boba • 3 January 2024 at 2:22 PM

@lunarsnowtea
I prefer mobile! Itโ€™s a pretty unpopular opinion but i think that touchscreens are easier to work with than using a mouse and a keyboard. This might just be because i rarely use a computer though! XD

Female
118 posts

osean • 6 January 2024 at 7:37 PM

Mobile for me because better internet

Female
1,308 posts

daisycat • 6 January 2024 at 7:38 PM

PC! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 31 January 2024 at 7:22 AM

It totally depends! Using linkclumps on my laptop makes feeding a lot more rapidfire, but I do most of my feeding sprees from my phone in the evening whilst I'm watching TV or something. :')

1,037 posts

anarchy • 31 January 2024 at 7:54 AM

team pc! i do the linkclump + multiple tabs method too and it's usually a pretty speedy process. sometimes i'll split my screen into two and mindlessly feed while watching youtube :']

1,134 posts

hikanu • 31 January 2024 at 8:11 AM

I usually feed from PC because if I'm on my phone, I usually don't have the battery to spare for long click sessions. My phone is old and the battery life isn't as great as it was 7 years ago.

Besides opening a ton of tabs and mindlessly feeding jumping from tab to tab is relaxing while watching something on a split screen, may it be a movie, youtube or anime. I do open the tabs manually, though, so maybe I should try linkclump and see if that is a little more speedy. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Male
37 posts

lunarsnowtea • 28 February 2024 at 12:06 PM

Honestly, I'm feeding on a pc more often due to the fact that I'm normally in school whenever I go on Eggcave, and I can't really multitask whenever I'm on a laptop or the Macbook I use since it's slow and I click the next button before I press the feed button and sometimes I don't feed that creature because the feeding button doesn't really show up until the whole tab loads fully, so R.I.P :,)

Non-binary
67 posts

endrolled • 1 March 2024 at 3:39 PM

the benefit of feeding on PC, as far as iโ€™m aware, is that you donโ€™t have to worry about full-page ads like you do on mobile browsers sometimes. nothing takes me out of the flow of feeding creatures faster than an ad that takes up my whole screen :โ€™D

Male
75 posts

gaika007 • 2 March 2024 at 1:21 PM

I'm using more mobile, but the problem with this is, if the cave is not 100% feed friendly, it's difficult to scroll creatures in the wright cove if there are more than 20, so... PC is better

Transmasculine
449 posts

shrimp • 6 March 2024 at 4:47 PM

I'm a dedicated PC/Monitor/Laptop user! It's the only way I can hit my feel goals throughout the day, and it also helps to speedily pull up secondary tabs for searches during trading :]

@endrolled the full-page popups can and will happen on chrome specifically, but they're not as common as they are on mobile it seems!

Female
480 posts

aardbeix3 • 1 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

PC. A lot easier to CTRL+W close the tabs as, @jlya said ๐Ÿ˜Š

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 4 April 2024 at 2:31 AM

I hadn't heard of LinkClump, but I'm going to have to check that out now! Thanks for the info! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Also, I find PC easier to use than mobile.

Female
36 posts

kitsune37 • 5 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

I prefer pc because of how easy it is to feed and close taps.

Demigirl
4 posts

stargamerxox • 12 April 2024 at 8:13 PM

So mineโ€™s funky. I have a phone- mobile, and a tablet(which has a desktop site layout). I prefer the desktop site layout over mobile but I still think Iโ€™m technically not counting for desktop cause I donโ€™t use my computer here. So right now Iโ€™d still say desktop just for the layout