Creature Suggestion: Snubble 🐌🍬

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 25 January 2024 at 8:00 PM

Introducing the Snubble
🐌🍬
The Snubble is a sweet, sticky snail whose shell is a gumball machine! Don't let their sweet appearance fool you, though. ;-)

Snails were one of my several animal obsessions I had as a kid (snails were specifically when I was 9-10 years old). I still adore them to this day. ♥︎

This idea is inspired by socks I saw at Target! Inspiration image: https://ibb.co/82rmsf8
It's also coincidentally similar in a way to the apple snail!

Artwork of the Snubble 🐌🍬
https://ibb.co/DbM7Thj
I used watercolors and colored pencils.
See notes for a sketch with a gumball dispenser on the chest.

About Snubble Eggs 🐌🍬
Egg description if standard Egg Cave egg design is chosen:
Snubble eggs are translucent and filled with all the internal organs needed to produce one Snubble.

Egg description if any gumball egg design is chosen:
Snubble eggs are deceptive, as they look like delicious, colorful gumballs. This has resulted in many Arkian children searching for and chewing on the eggs, unbeknownst to them that they are incredibly poisonous! Since the discovery of Snubbles, the Emergency Room at Ark City Hospital has seen a massive influx of stomach-pumping cases.

About the Snubble Creature 🐌🍬
The Snubble is a clingy creature whose internal anatomy is composed entirely of gumball-looking organs. This means that, yes, Snubbles have multiple hearts, bladders, and so on!

Unlike, and yet similar, to species who eat their young, Snubbles have been known to chew their young. This practice of snubgenics aims to eliminate Snubble babies whose flavor will not last long, thus resulting in a short lifespan. When a Snubble egg is deemed flavorless, the parent will stop chewing and then blow into the egg until it bursts. The first time this occurs is quite a shock for the parent Snubble, but they get used to it. Young Snubbles with flavor who make it far enough to bond with their parent are rather clingy and stick with them for the rest of their lives.

Snubble "Gumballs" Anatomical Chart
Red: Heart
Orange: Salivary Gland
Yellow: Bladder
Green: Kidney
Blue: Lung
Purple: Liver
Pink: Egg
White: Digestive System

Snubble Name Origin and Pronunciation 🐌🍬
Snubble: Snail + Bubblegum (snuh-bull)
Please do not change the name of this suggestion. ^^
If it must be changed, please use Snubblegum.

Snubble Details 🐌🍬
Weight: 1.6 kg
Height: 0.15 m
Gender Profile: Standard
Habitat: Ark Bay
Obtained From: Cash Shop or Cave

Snubble Evolution 🐌🍬
Baby: 250 Clicks
Teen: 400 Clicks
Adult: 907 Clicks
Clicks because that's the sound a gumball machine makes when you crank it. :,)

🔴 250: One gumball? 25 cents, please!
🟣 400: There are around 40,000 different species of snails on our planet.
🟢 907: Gumballs and gumball machines were invented around the same time, in 1907, by the Thomas Adams Gum Company in the United States.

Sticky Notes 🐌🍬
🔴 I'd only like my creatures chosen if they are to be drawn by the Smitten and Revelca artist. I like the Chipmint art style but I prefer the Smitten and Revelca art style because on Egg Cave I like very detailed, shaded, 3D looking art.
🟠 Apple snails (another cute design idea!) lay tiny pink eggs that look like gumballs! And, these eggs are poisonous!!
🔵 Stage 1 Egg Options: Pink gumball, cut open pink gumball, pink gumball half with a tiny blue snail (looks like slug) peeking out, or standard Egg Cave egg designed like a gumball machine.
🟡 Stage 2 Baby Options: Small snail on top of a seemingly big pink gumball, pink gumball half with a tiny blue snail (looks like slug) peeking out, or snail blowing a pink bubble.
🟠 Stage 3 Teen Options: Snail blowing a pink bubble, pink bubblegum popped onto face, or regular pose with gumballs next to body.
🟢 Stage 4 Adult Options: Pink bubblegum popped onto face or regular pose with gumballs next to body.
🟣 I only drew the smaller eyestalks (snail's sense of smell) on one stage. These stalks can be added to other stages or omitted completely for a more simple design.
🔴 Here is a sketch showing alternative coin slot / crank and dispenser on snail's chest, which can be added (silver or grey), but I chose to keep my final design simple since creatures are such small images: https://ibb.co/fYwWF5m
🟡 Original idea was red for the snail's body and top of the gumball machine shell, like a classic gumball machine. However, I wanted contrast to the pink bubblegum and something softer. The blue is a bit dark in the photos, but I think a light blue would look lovely. The tummy is even lighter blue.
🔵 The above said, the whole design can be pastelified! The gumballs can all be pastel instead of classic saturated gumball colors. I think it would look so light and soft in colorful pastels.
🟢 The snail's body could be pink and mimic gum or chewed gum, but I don't think it would look as nice as a contrasting color like light green or light blue.

Thank you for checking out my scary, I mean, sweet Snubble! 🫧
Please ping anyone you think would be interested!!

1,037 posts

anarchy • 25 January 2024 at 8:20 PM

LOVE this! 🐌🍬 the concept is so inspired, the colors go incredibly well together and the artwork is amazing. i'd definitely love to have either the 'lil baby slug on a gumball' or 'popped bubblegum on face' versions in my cove (if this ever gets made i hope those are the baby & adult stages!)

dang, is it too soon for another food-themed month? 😋

Female
2,557 posts

dragrawr • 25 January 2024 at 9:34 PM

@daisycat literally sobbing I luv him I luv gumball machines. The last stage made me giggle 😭😭😭💕💕💜

1,629 posts

icecloud101 • 25 January 2024 at 9:41 PM

@daisycat
I love this so much! The way the tiny gumballs look so colorful and how there's a shine in its eyes at the third stage, also combined with almost a :guilty: expression and the gumball splatter around its mouth give it a playful vibe!

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 25 January 2024 at 9:48 PM

@anarchy @dragrawr @icecloud101
Thank you for the comments! I'm glad you all like the design. ^^

Male
95 posts

matcha • 28 January 2024 at 10:04 AM

Love the creature design!! Your art is always amazing ❤️

That creature description is something else though... 😂

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 31 January 2024 at 11:10 PM

@matcha
Thank you!! ❤️ Yeah I'm surprised no one has remarked on the description yet lol. (Matcha and I were nearly crying laughing as I was typing it.)

Female
464 posts

cageheart • 5 February 2024 at 9:13 PM

Okay this is one of my absolute favorite designs I have seen suggested on this site. It's so PERFECT

Female
482 posts

aardbeix3 • 7 February 2024 at 5:09 PM

@daisycat that is SO freaking adorable!!! With the little bubblegums on it's back omg ❤️

Non-binary
67 posts

endrolled • 16 February 2024 at 4:08 PM

this is SO cute!! i love the concept, and it's executed so well! it's so fun how it looks adorable but is actually a deceptive creature... such personality! also the name Snubble is just perfect lol

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 17 February 2024 at 3:12 AM

@daisycat
i love snails very much, and this one is a very cute snail creature ❤️

321 posts

chihiro_sang • 28 February 2024 at 8:39 AM

A bubblegum snail is a very cute concept, it could go well with the bagator for deceptive creatures.

Other
137 posts

pauloacacio • 28 February 2024 at 8:51 AM

Such a pretty snailgum. 😊

181 posts

noman15 • 1 March 2024 at 5:39 PM

This is a fun concept of a snail.