Register
pjbuzzy • 6 September 2026 at 4:18 PM
Random little idea I just had that may have been suggested before (and it feels weird making an entire topic just about this one idea but oh well): I think when completing dailies and quests, there should be a small chance to receive a retired item as a reward! Right now we receive non-retired items for completing quests and sometimes receive non-retired items for completing dailies. I think that putting some retired items (not CC items, just regular retired items--I do absolutely think CC items should be rereleased separately but that's a different topic) into the prize pool would be a super exciting way to a) encourage more people to participate in dailies and quests and b) make retired items more obtainable in the present day. The chance of obtaining these items would be fairly low, so the market would not be bombarded with newly created retired items. Again, this is a super little thing but something that I think would be really cool and would make quests and dailies feel much more worthwhile! Right now I only ever do quests if I need to for my dailies because I personally just do not find them fun at all, but if there was a chance of receiving retired items, I would be much more interested in doing them. I'm sure this might be true for others as well!Let me know what your thoughts on this idea are! Also, what types of items would you want to see included in this prize pool? Should R-100 items (ie. Choctravaganza rewards, Halloween prizes, etc.) be included, or just retired npc shop items?
minnie298a • 10 September 2026 at 8:56 PM
@pjbuzzy Personally I do like this idea. Especially for npc shop items. However, I feel that at least chance with dailies shouldn't be implemented until the new sign in/verification thing has been implemented (I can't remember if questing is a verified activity or not, but if it is, then it waits as well). Just because I don't think those who are unwilling or unable to verify their account through a phone number should be excluded. I also think that retired event prizes, eg Halloween Fair, should be somehow rereleased through the relevant event. For example another Trick or Treat bag that contains a travel of yore, or a gift box with a Choco prize. So you still need to work towards them, but they are still limited in availability.
dragiigy • 11 September 2026 at 4:06 AM
@pjbuzzy Superb idea !!
pjbuzzy • 11 September 2026 at 11:41 AM
@minnie298a Makes sense! I don’t really know why phone # verification is required for dailies anyways, so I definitely agree that this should wait until after that’s cleared up. And I like your idea for old event items! Makes sense to have them available as part of the event, and this could also help get more people participating in events.
kataclysm • 1 week ago
@pjbuzzy hi!There is actually a small chance of getting retired items from quests - in my experience, they're usually Sandrodon items though. They drop not very often at all.I've been hoping / asking for a long while for this chance to be reconsidered as it's very low and the prizes haven't gone beyond the Sandrodon pool in a very long time, but I'm yet to be acknowledged by Ian on this matter.I'd love to see more retired items becoming available, especially given the mechanic on the questing front is already there.
spiritkoi • 1 week ago
@pjbuzzyYa, you can also occasionally pick up a system generated retired item (the account will be eggcaveteam) at the Donations Center I think every few days, I got a travel once this includes seasonal/event specific r-100 items, but it would be nice to have questing be an additional avenue of getting retired items.
pjbuzzy • 1 week ago
@kataclysm @spiritkoiOooh interesting, I didn’t realize either of these features existed! That’s cool, but yeah, I do still think there need to be more opportunities to acquire retired items. Especially now that we’re seeing consistent monthly item retirements, and with the retired items being so random, being able to get them from quests/dailies/etc. would be really really nice.
myriadium • 1 week ago
yes! I think this is a good idea, since it preserves the rarity of the item while still giving it the chance to be obtained, so there is still the possibility of circulation. I also agree with @/minnie298a that it should be after the login changes are implemented (but knowing how things work around here, that would probably take years).I hope you consider this @ian!
isis • 5 days ago
This is a fantastic idea. I don't have much else to add. 1000% in favor! To answer your final question: in my opinion, I think this sytem should work with retired NPC shop items only. Seasonal/event items should be a separate thing, and should be kept as event rewards only, to keep them tied to the season and to the minigames (Valentine, Halloween, etc.). But maybe there could be a different way to bring those back, too 😊