Question

in Help & Questions

Should we breed creatures?

Female
313 posts

playdate • 6 December 2016 at 10:05 AM

Im going to get straight to the point.What if we could breed creatures?The same kind of course.

Female
245 posts

dariely3 • 6 December 2016 at 10:16 AM

I don't know but that would be cool, but what about the retired creatures. Then they won't stay retired

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 6 December 2016 at 10:17 AM

@playdate

This has been a reoccurring theme in many suggestions for the site. 😊
Basically breeding would be kinda like re-releases, which is kinda a tough idea to deal with.
This is because it will lover the value of many creatures like the Onny, Macbot, ect. Some users are all for it, and others are pretty against it.
I can see both sides as newer users would love a chance at a creature such as a onny or tine. on the other side, older users don't want it cause they traded alot for them or spent alot of $$ for one.
So I really don't know. 😱

If they did do breeding/re-releases, you might only be able to do it once a month or something + have to pay CC most likely.

Female
313 posts

playdate • 6 December 2016 at 10:19 AM

@prairie
What if it was or the lower class creatures?

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 6 December 2016 at 10:20 AM

@playdate

I could kinda see that happening. 😱

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 6 December 2016 at 10:52 AM

@playdate
This idea has be shot down many times before in the past.
(Hello, from an old user btw!) 😊

Like @prairie said: It would be like re-releasing critters which many - including me - are against.
Ian has promised to never re-release things in the past, so I hope he'll stick to that, but who knows...

Right now, having really old creatures because you've "been there, done that and got the egg" is the only perk you get as an old user. So if the value of old creatures is taken away I think it needs to be replaced by something extremely special to keep old-timers from rage quitting. ^^;

Personally I think a cool breeding feature would be if we could get HYBRIDS. Instead of same-same critters. 😋

Because then things could get really interesting and rare new species would appear in a lot of coves. 😊
However, it would take _a lot_ of extensive extra creature designs and so on. Probably won't happen in the first place. ☚ī¸

Female
313 posts

playdate • 6 December 2016 at 10:53 AM

@prairie
So do we let the topic die or....How do we get others to hear or like I said is it dead?@silverserpent
I was thinking of hybrids too and I understand from both sides but maybe we can find a happy middle.

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 6 December 2016 at 11:02 AM

@playdate

I think the hybrid solution would make all users happy.
Like... if it's not known which creatures can mate with others and it's not 100% sure you manage to get a new egg every time you breed even those you know are compatible, then you have to try and try until you get a hybrid and when you get one it's anything from quite rare to super-rare and then you have something good to trade with. I think that would be totally cool. And something new to spend time on. 😊

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 6 December 2016 at 11:04 AM

@silverserpent oh cool, hybrids would be neat. 😱
But the artist's of eggcave would probably go nuts. XD But there would probably only be a few breed-able hybrid outcomes, instead of a combo for every creature. 😱
Then you can't breed the creature you made. 😋
Maybe if you could breed, you could only breed that pet once.

@playdate
It might be good to just lave the topic up, people can look at it and reply as they wish. 😊

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 6 December 2016 at 11:12 AM

@prairie

Yes, like I said. Being able to breed all creatures to create hybrids would require a lot of extra critter art so... No, I don't think it'll happen. xD

But it could all start out very small-scale with only a few (unknown) breeding combinations and a small amount of hybrid eggs for people to "discover". Then it could work.

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 6 December 2016 at 11:38 AM

@silverserpent
agreed. X3

That would be kinda neat, figuring out creature combos. 😱

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 6 December 2016 at 11:53 AM

@prairie

Cool that you think so too. I just came up with the idea. Never thought of it before. xD

Female
1,002 posts

shirona • 7 December 2016 at 3:38 PM

Breeding might be a little complicated to sort out at first but I like the concept of hybrids. If non-hybrid breeding does occur in the future, definitely think it should be done in a limited and controlled manner since that could be considered a type of re-releasing.