Writers Portal Stories

in Chit-Chat

Should we add the mod sheet pretty soon?

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 24 March 2017 at 5:01 PM

Hello you! How are you? Great? Good. I'm such a good conversation starter. Lol, nope. Well, anyways, since you requested it, here it is! Here I'm going to list the current mods, stories and other forum in case you're lost. Here things will be edited, written, etc. to keep the other forum for one thing. I'll soon be adding another forum(yet again) for mod spots so people can sign up there.

Looking to sign up? You might want to be here >> http://eggcave.com/forums/topic/63212/

Things located in the other forum:
- Rules
- Questions
- Waiting List

Things located here:
- Stories
- Participants
- Mods
- Page set up

Participants:
@stagfire - story - A dystopian universe in which Earth is destryoed and many problems and secrets are made - hashtag - #Tythis -
@izziebee1017 - story - Random little stories - hashtag - none yet -
@summer99318 - story - Two kids with powers in a mythical world - hashtag - #youngpowers -
@femme - story - An ec story of an alkub - hashtag - #thickasthieves -
@jellifysh - story - A professional maniac exploring the world with puns made true - hashtag - #unlogic -
@doyoueverwonder - story - People escape from an asylum and run from the SWAT team - hashtag - #sugarbuzz -
@chicachicken - story - About a trisk and Piki - hashtag - #CrazyPikilandTriskAdventures -
@pitch1226 - story - undertale fan fic - hashtag - #RealityVirtual -
@shadow_girl - story - Character has abusive parents, runs away and has strange dreams - hashtag - #DreamGoneWrong -
@ammolite - story - A boy who thinks he's a comedian and makes bad jokes - hashtag - #MH -
@flowerlynx - story - A girl gets elemental powers - hashtag - #ElementalPowers -
@fairy_tail - story - A fox daemon of golden compass lore tells memories and old stories - hashtag - #Mmrs -
@degong - story - A thief shop EC critter wants to escape the master thief with her friends - hashtag - #EggThief -
@nightmaremoon12 - story - A person in space gets caught up in an incident with a strange person - hashtag - #TRA -
@izz - story - anthropomorphic animals fantasy - hashtag - #picket -
@togepi360 - story - Dinosaurs from alien planet get transported to Earth - hashtag - #Dragorth -
@iris1929578 - story - Random Stories - hashtag - #WhatWillHappenNext & #WWHN -
@appleblizzard - story - Girl travels between dimensions with necklace, she's a demon, presumed dead demon friend is alive - hashtag - #Exialita
@wolfkit - story - Something exciting will change a seemingly normal girl's life - hashtag - #bluecrystals -

The page set up:
So, many people have asked how to set up their story so I'm going to post here how.

#Yourhashtag
#Yourhashtagpg1(or whatever pg you're on)
#Yourhashtagpg1pt1(Not necessary unless what you wrote was two long and need to split it up. Again, whatever pg or pt you're on)

Story

#Yourhashtag
#Yourhashtagpg2(or whatever the next page or part is. If the next thing is a part you'd put #yourhashtagpg1pt2)

Mod sheet:
So, a brief review on the mods here. We don't know too many jobs yet but so far mods are editors, they ping people who haven't done things in awhile or help ping, accept people in and ping me once doing so and other things.
Current Mods:
@pitch1226 - editor (and advice)
@chicachicken - editor (and advice)

So, that's currently this forum. Thanks for coming by!

#WPWS

1,853 posts

purgatory • 24 March 2017 at 5:19 PM

take my stories
i only made the first part
since i have wayyy too many essays to finish TTuTT

Part one-o

@stagfire

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 24 March 2017 at 5:44 PM

@ammolite
That's okay x3
Oh noes -w-

Love it so far! ❤️

@niale
Hello! Well, I started thinking about this but if you want you can do like the stories you talked about by posting the links to the critters profile 😊

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 24 March 2017 at 6:05 PM

@stagfire

unlogic part 1

Deleted • 24 March 2017 at 6:09 PM

#SugarBuzz #SugarBuzzPg5

They all explored the wonderful place, till some more of those Tivers told them to come to the "Great Candy Hall".

Monty, Alexis, and Yuki had to fight the Tiver crowd and managed to make their way towards a large building with cappuccinos on the sides.

"Those cappuccinos are huge!" Alexis breathed.
"That's a lot of caffeine.", a Tiver muttered.

The kids looked bewildered. In here, these Tivers could talk?

"I swear, Alex gets crazier by the second..." said another.

Alex himself was perched on a stool, sipping a cappuccino. Behind him piled more and more empty cups of cappuccinos.

"How many cappuccinos does he drink in a day?" Yuki exclaimed.
A gruff large Tiver answered. "About 9918." he whispered.

"All right! We have a Candy Meeting here!" said a familiar voice.

It was Alex.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 24 March 2017 at 6:31 PM

@jellifysh
Love it so far! Pretty funny x3

@doyoueverwonder
Love it x3 The setting is scrambling in my head, lol.

Btw guys, if you want some help with the pg set up I have it up there on post #1

Female
1,047 posts

leafstarofskyclan • 24 March 2017 at 6:31 PM

@stagfire Ahhh I'll have to post later. I have to leave soon. Don't let me forget!

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 24 March 2017 at 9:21 PM

@leafstarofskyclan
Cool, I'll be sure to remind you 😊

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 25 March 2017 at 1:11 AM

@stagfire
Imma type mine up here...
#ElementalPowersPg1
Alyssa looked around her annoying, boring bedroom. Yep, she had been grounded again. For what? Playing on her phone? That was the dumbest reason ever to be grounded. She sighed, trying to figure out what she could do. Escape out the window? Unlikely. It was worth a try, however. She slowly, but careful not to make any noise, pulled up gently on her windowsill. It creaked, but not too loudly. She climbed out of it, onto her roof. She tiptoed quickly down towards the garden bed, and jumped down onto it, landing with a dull thud. She then proceeded to sprint to the fence connecting to her neighbor's, and jumped it. She fell on the grass, failing to get her balance. She frowned, got up, and went to the sidewalk. She leisurely jogged towards the library. Who would look for her there? She did like reading, but she would usually go to the skate park, but... she could last out longer at the library.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 25 March 2017 at 9:38 AM

@leafstarofskyclan
Also remembered you haven't signed up yet, wanna go do that? >> http://eggcave.com/forums/topic/63212/

@flowerlynx
And that's totally fine c:
So nice so far! (Btw, after the yep there needs to be a comma x3)

Deleted • 25 March 2017 at 9:41 AM

@stagfire

Again here is mine 😃

#CrazyPikilandTriskAdventures Page1

Trisk woke up immediatly. She asked Piki, are you okay." Piki said, "I am fine." Trisk smiled, her usual smile and said, "Great!"

Female
349 posts

fairy_tail • 25 March 2017 at 5:00 PM

@stagfire

Here's my first page!

Again, it's non-chronological and non-linear so the next page will most probably not follow this up. It may or may not be related though. I haven't decided yet.XD

Feedback is greatly appreciated! I really want to know what you guys think.😊

#Mmrs

#Mmrspg1

He hated her. He hated her so much. Everything in his life had been perfect – organized, routinely, habitual, but most of all, predictable – right until the moment she strolled in and ruined it all. Freixo groaned in annoyance as he lay his head down on his paws. He still vividly remembered the day he first met her.

It had been a stressful day. He had woken up late and was about to miss the party that was going to visit the next town over. He had run down the steps of his temple, racing towards the village where the group was going to assemble. He was the last to board the wagon as it departed right as he stepped inside. To add to his already souring mood, every seat had been taken and he was forced to sit next to some stranger.

Choosing a seat, the swift fox plopped himself down onto a chair somewhere near the back of the wagon. He tried curling into himself as much as possible to avoid contact with the individual sitting next to him. As he faced forward, he felt his breath catch in his throat.

Several aisles down, was a doe of immense beauty. Beauty that he had never before seen in his life. He had a perfect view of her – right in between the gaps of the seats in front of him. There he sat, dumbstruck at the sight. He watched her intently as she spoke to her seatmate animatedly, a huge smile on her face as she said every word. The sunlight streaming in from the window next to her illuminated her figure and gave the illusion that she was surrounded by a halo.

He tried looking away, focusing his gaze on other things. But no matter how hard he tried, Freixo’s gaze would wander back to the doe and linger on her.

Upon arrival, Freixo scrambled away from the group as quick as he could. He made a beeline for the town’s sweetshop, an old weakness of his, and began to peruse the shop’s contents via its storefront. He giddily gazed at the muffins, cupcakes, tarts, and candies on display, silently picking out the ones he wished to take. Just as he was about to turn and enter the shop, he froze at the reflection he saw in the glass.

Right beside him was her. The doe from the wagon ride. She was looking at the various sweets as well, so focused on the treats that she failed to notice him.

Don’t look at her directly, don’t look at her directly. His mind chanted over and over as he felt his paws get rooted onto the spot. Suddenly, he felt incredibly self-conscious next to her.

He inhaled sharply as he noticed her move, and before he knew it, she had entered the shop. Letting out the breath he had been holding, Freixo then scurried away from the shop as fast as his paws would take him.

I can always go back later. He thought to himself.

His life hadn’t been the same since. He later learned that her name was Astoria and it also did nothing to help him that she would pass by his temple every other day, picking up fresh flowers from the forest nearby to sell at the village market.

He would watch her pass by, offering a smile and a wave and getting one in return. He didn’t understand why he felt pulled towards this doe. How if she would stop and linger nearby, he felt the need to start up a conversation about nothing in particular. How his volume would randomly increase tenfold while he was speaking with her and how he’d babble on and on until he would run out of things to say and just chuckle awkwardly afterwards. How he’d berate himself after she had gone, angrily tearing at the grass as he replayed her shaky, sympathetic smile as she turned to continue to her destination.

It wasn’t until five months later did he realize why he did all those things.

There had been a storm. He was forced to blow out all the lanterns surrounding the temple that hadn’t already been put out by the wind, just in case they would topple over and set the grass alight. Just as he was about to enter the temple and bar its doors, he saw a figure running up the steps. Before he knew it, Astoria stood in front of him, drenched from the rain and panting from exertion.

With a flick of his tail, he beckoned her inside the temple. She blinked at him gratefully before hurrying inside and Freixo closed the door behind them with a resounding thud. He then brought down the heavy wooden beam across it, to ensure the wind doesn’t blast the door open.

Turning back to Astoria, he noticed that she was shivering as she sat in the center of the chamber. Freixo wasted no time lighting a fire in the large bowl at the chamber’s heart, igniting the oil inside with the flint lying nearby. He then grabbed a towel and handed it to Astoria who took it graciously.

They sat in silence, with Freixo looking everywhere but at her and Astoria drying herself with the towel and warming herself by the fire.

Freixo glanced at Astoria every once in a while, making sure to look away before she could notice. Like the first time he met her, he felt self-conscious of himself as he sat and watched her dry off. She intrigued him in ways he couldn’t explain. He was drawn to her for some inexplicable reason and he wanted to know why.

Every time he wasn’t looking, he could feel Astoria looking at him instead. She was doing the same as he was – glancing every once in a while before looking away.

Outside, the storm continued to rage.

By the time it ended, a good six hours had passed. Six hours of silence and shared glances between the two. He had opened the doors, and she had left without a word.

Later in the night, Friexo lay awake as realization hit him: he liked her. The reason why he did all those stupid things around her was because he liked her.

Things didn’t get any easier for him when he realized this. In fact, it just made everything even more difficult for him. Now, when she passed by on her way to pick flowers, he could barely look at her. It wasn’t because he felt ashamed, if anything, it was because her beauty hit him even harder now. She had become more radiant, if that were even possible.

“It’s like staring at the sun,” He said aloud to himself as he lay on the temple’s marble floor, one paw outstretched as if he were reaching out to her. “Stare too long, and I’ll get blinded.”

It didn’t stop there though. Now, he would uncontrollably get this lopsided, lovesick smile on his face when she’d walk by and he was forced to look away to hide it. He tried to suppress it, but no matter how hard he tried, he would feel his lips tremble and he would involuntarily smile that lovesick smile.

He then started to live for the days he would see her. Every other day, he would lay around, miserable until the time he would see her. Then all of a sudden, it felt as if a ray of sunshine just beamed down into his life, lighting up every aspect of it. He would remain happy long after she had gone, until the time the misery and loneliness would set in again.

As the days passed, he only found more and more things to adore about her. From her cinnamon colored coat, to her depthless yellow eyes, to her skipping gait, to her sparkling smile. He liked everything about her and it was getting harder and harder not to think about her. Everything Freixo saw reminded him of her. From the singing of the birds, to the first rays of sun every dawn, right down to the moon that hangs high in the sky.

He was falling fast, hard, and deep. He knew it. He knew it wasn’t healthy and it wasn’t good for his sanity either. But try as he might, he couldn’t stop thinking about her. She was occupying his every thought. All he did, he was starting to do for her.

He would pick flowers and bundle them, telling himself that he would give them to her next time he saw her. He never got the courage to do so though, throwing away the bouquets as soon as the flowers started to die, only to go and pick new ones.

“Next time,” he said to himself as he tossed yet another bouquet of dying flowers into the temple fire. “Next time, I’ll give it to her.”

He was willing to do anything for this doe. This doe who barely cared about his existence, this doe who barely spoke to him beyond simple greetings, this doe who would sometimes fumble around if he approached and would scramble away shortly afterwards, this doe who he only saw every other day.

He hated her. He hated how she had so much power over him without even realizing it. He hated how much she meant to him and how he was no more than an insignificant speck in her life. He hated how just a smile from her could melt all his anger away. He hated how just seeing her made him happier than he’s ever felt before.

But most of all, he hated how he loved her too much to hate her.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 30 March 2017 at 8:59 PM

@chicachicken
Cool! Feel free to check the page set up if you're having an trouble on post #1 😃

@fairy_tail
Woah, this is so amazing! I think you should continue this from the doe's point of view 😊

Deleted • 30 March 2017 at 9:00 PM

@stagfire thanks so much 😊

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 30 March 2017 at 10:42 PM

@fairy_tail
Wow... that was extremely good writing. O.o
I love it. I agree, maybe you should do it from the doe's part of view.
Just... wow...

Female
349 posts

fairy_tail • 31 March 2017 at 9:11 AM

@stagfire @flowerlynx

Thanks so much.❤️ I'm really glad you enjoyed it.

It's nice to get back to writing, it's a welcome break from being busy with uni.XD And it's a good way for me to release my emotions haha.

It would be cool to write from Astoria's (the doe) point of view, but I'll have to think about whether I'll be going with that or not.

I was thinking it would be interesting to see it only on one side, leaving the reader to wonder about what the other character is thinking. Especially since the story is told based on Freixo's POV of his experiences/life non-chronologically.

I'm not opposed to the idea though. Since this is non-linear, I might end up writing something in Astoria's POV after a couple more pages. Depends.

But thank you, thank you, thank you so much for the compliments.❤️❤️❤️ They really mean a lot to me.❤️

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 31 March 2017 at 4:22 PM

@chicachicken
Any time 😃

@flowerlynx
Ikr. Agreed I said to as well XD

@fairy_tail
Awesome
Lol. This does seem to be an very expressive writing piece. I love the in depth detail and emotional thoughts of the fox.

That's okay, writing always takes time.

That would be really smart, I would find that super interesting instead of knowing what the other is thinking all of the time.

Cool. Indeed, it does depend on what you truly want.

Always ❤️

Deleted • 31 March 2017 at 5:34 PM

#SugarBuzz #SugarBuzzPg6

(A Smeerp is a human)

That Tiver, Alex, was the one who they had met in the cave! After quieting down, he began to speak.

"We have found three kids! Wait, no I have found three kids in the Smeerp world!" Alex meowed while sipping a cappuccino.

"They have run from," he paused. "The evil gods!" Every Tiver gasped. The evil gods were the SWAT!

Alex continued. Pointing his straw at them, he meowed, "What are your names, young travelers?" They answered. "Yuki, Monty, and Alexis."

"Well! Welcome our new friends, that can help us defeat the evil gods!" he roared at the approving crowd.

Immediately swarmed by the others, the kids tried to push their way out into the open, or at least in a less crowded area. Fighting for breath, they managed to go outside, sinking their feet into the sticky cotton candy ground.

Alex followed close behind. "I need to talk with you smeerps!!!" he yelled. When he saw their confused faces, he said. "I mean you three!"

Walking into a small dusty cellar, Alex inserted a dark blue straw into a bookcase, opening a hatch on the ceiling. As they climbed in, they could hear breathing.

Alex's light blue eyes darted around, and he pressed a small light switch, to reveal dozens of books strewn on the floor, with potion bottles on the small desk, and a wand!

"I need to write something..." Alex muttered to himself. Yuki, who was accustomed to silence in the tundra, seemed to have heard him.

"Um... Alex? I have a pen." she said, handing him a long black fountain pen.

"I don't have opposable thumbs!" he meowed darkly.

ALERT: Alexis's name will be changed to Ella, due to Alex and Alexis.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 31 March 2017 at 6:29 PM

@doyoueverwonder
This sounds so great! Love it! 😃

Deleted • 31 March 2017 at 6:31 PM

@stagfire

Thank you! Just realized this: Alexis-Alex. NOOO!!!

"I don't have opposable thumbs!" xD lol

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 31 March 2017 at 6:32 PM

@doyoueverwonder

Lol, XD You can edit it 😃

Lol XD Classic

Deleted • 31 March 2017 at 6:34 PM

@stagfire

Alright, just edited it saying her name would be changed.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 31 March 2017 at 6:36 PM

@doyoueverwonder
Cool -w-

Female
349 posts

fairy_tail • 3 April 2017 at 11:33 AM

@stagfire

Very expressive and emotional indeed. I intend to keep it that way. A mix of lighthearted and serious, contemplative and all that.

Here's my next page! It's a bit different from the style of the first one (more conversations).

Please tell me what you think!

#Mmrs

#Mmrspg2pt1

It had been two weeks since he was last in the temple. Though it had been only a short amount of time, he felt the same apprehension he always did when he returned to the building after an absence. He had gone to the town beyond the mountains and mists that neighbored his village. Upon his return, he brought with him gifts for his small group of three friends.

And Astoria. Whispered a small voice in his mind as an image of the doe flickered in his mind.

Shaking his head, Freixo picked up his pace towards his destination. The sack strung on his back bumped against him with every step he took, reminding him of what was to come.

Arriving at the temple doors, Freixo reached out a paw and caressed the heavy marble doors, sucking in a deep breath before pushing them open. Stepping inside, he surveyed the empty chamber, feeling a pang of sadness hit him as the cold marble stared at him in return. Repressing a sigh, he unloaded the sack from his back, setting it by the door. He then lit the oil in the large pot in the center, bathing everything in a soft yellow light. He approached the large statue of the goddess Vasilissa situated on the pedestal behind the flaming pot. Standing at the foot of the goddess, he gazed up at her familiar face.

The marble statue depicted the feline goddess sitting down, eyes closed with her front paws held against her chest and her tail curled around her hind paws. Touching a paw to the goddess’s tail, Freixo gave her a sad smile. Looking at the stripes underneath her eyes, he wondered why she chose to look that way, always looking as if she were crying because of them.

“Morning,” he murmured softly. “I’m back now. I hope you weren’t too lonely while I was gone.”

The only response he got was the wind whistling quietly outside and a small ray of sunlight beaming down onto him from the skylight above. Shooting the goddess one last smile, he turned away and returned to the bag he set by the door. Picking it up, he took a shaky breath before heading out to the village, closing the temple doors behind him.

Thisia was a small, humble place. Wooden cottages filled the area, with dirt paths serving as walkways around the village. Lanterns lined the edges of said paths, unlit for now as the sun shone brightly overhead. Bright, cheerful banter and laughter sounded from every corner, with the villagers mingling with one another or separated into their usual cliques. The delectable aroma of meat roasting over the fire wafted around town, blending in with the sweet scents of fresh pastries and newly baked bread.

Upon arriving at the village, Freixo quickly sought out his companions. He first made a beeline to the town’s carpentry shop, ignoring the sign that read “On Break”, the swift fox immediately entered inside. Behind him, the bell that hung above the door gave a soft clinging sound as the door shut.

In the shop, Freixo inhaled deeply, relishing in the scents of pine, birch, and oak. He trailed a paw to the ground, smiling when he lifted it up to find it covered in sawdust. He nearly forgot just how much he missed visiting this place. A loud crash made his ears perk and he grinned when he heard a familiar voice roar.

“Alaric above! Can’t you read the sign? We’re on break! Get out and come back later!”

Unable to resist, Freixo chuckled. “I honestly wonder how you could possibly get any customers with that kind of attitude, Nabi.”

Another loud crash sounded and Freixo winced slightly at the sound but at the same time was glad that his friend hadn’t changed since his absence. He grinned as he saw his friend’s face appear at the doorway that lead to the back of the shop.

“Freixo!” Nabi called, rushing up to him, scooping the fox up in his arms.

Freixo tried, and failed, to escape the polar bear’s grip. He gripped Nabi’s arms, desperately trying to claw his way out.

Meanwhile, the polar bear was completely oblivious to his friend’s depleting oxygen supply. “You sneaky fox. When was the last time you showed your face here?” he roared, laughing.

“Definitely too long,” Freixo wheezed back. “Say, Nabi, could you put me down now? You’re crushing my ribs.”

As requested, the bear placed him down, only to drop him, laughing as he did so. “That’s for disappearing on me!”

Brushing himself off, Freixo rolled his eyes good-naturedly. “Yeah, yeah. Keep that up, and you won’t get a present out of me.”

Immediately, Nabi silenced his uproarious laughter. “Present? Nah, man. You didn’t have to get me anything.” He said seriously.

Shaking his head, Freixo reached into his sack and brought out a jar. Handing it to Nabi, he explained its contents. “It’s a special kind of bark,” he began. “Shaved from the trees surrounding Cerany. You’re supposed to rub them on your claws to sharpen them and keep them healthy at the same time. I know how hard it is for you to cut down trees sometimes, so I thought I’d get them for you.”

Nabi quietly accepted the jar, staring at it open-mouthed as he held it in between his paws. He looked up at Freixo who beckoned him to open it with a wave of his paws. Putting the jar on the table next to him, the polar bear swept the fox up in his arms again.

“Ack!” Freixo gasped as he was crushed once again. “Nabi!”

“You know you never have to get me anything, right?” The polar bear murmured, setting his friend down.

Sighing, Freixo shook his head. “Nabi, we’ve been through this time and again. You’ve been nothing but a great friend to me. You deserve nothing less.”

Clapping a paw to the fox’s shoulder, Nabi nodded. “Know that I’ll always be here for you. No matter the situation or circumstance.”

“I know.” Freixo replied. “I never had a doubt.”

“Nabi?” A voice called from deeper inside the shop. “What’s taking you so long?”

At the sound of the voice, Nabi’s face split into a wide grin. “Kiele! Come out here! Freixo’s come to visit!”

“Freixo?” She questioned. Instantly, the gray wolf appeared at the doorway. Once she caught sight of Freixo, she grinned and beckoned for him to give her a hug. “’eyyyy! Freixo! Good to see you!”

Smiling, Freixo hugged the wolf tightly. “Missed you too, Kiele.”

“Where have you been? It feels like ages since we last saw you.” She said, shaking her head in amusement.

“Oh you know, here and there.” He replied, reaching into his sack and handing a porcelain jug towards her.

The jug was carefully crafted, with a small spout, perfectly curved handle, and rounded base. It was made to look like the night sky, with hues of blue and purple splashed across and stars scattered about.

Kiele gasped at the sight. “You shouldn’t have!” she yowled, turning the jug over in her paws.

“I’ve already said this a thousand times. You two are the best friends I could ever ask for and words can’t express how much you’ve done for me.”

Saying nothing, Kiele simply pulled him into a hug once again and Freixo reciprocated.

“Have you gone to see Alistair yet?” Nabi asked while peeking into the jar of bark.

Freixo shook his head. “I was about to head over to him after I spoke to you guys first.”

Kiele shooed him away, pushing on his back and out the door. “Go over there right now. That bird’s been missing you since before the moment you left.” With that, the wolf closed the door of the shop, effectively changing the sign to “Closed”.

Shaking his head in amusement, Freixo headed towards the village’s library.

Female
534 posts

vespira • 3 April 2017 at 11:34 AM

#Mmrspg2pt2

“About time you showed your face here.” Was the curt reply he received upon entering the dusty old building.

“Not even going to hug your best friend?” Freixo asked, one brow raised. “Gee, and here I thought you missed me.”

“Who could ever miss someone who’s barely around in the first place?” Was the sharp reply followed by a loud thud as Alistair shoved a book into the shelf forcefully.

“I suppose this means you don’t want your present then.” Freixo sighed in mock defeat. “I suppose I’ll just head back to my temple.”

Sighing, the red crowned crane looked up from the books he was re-shelving to look at his friend’s smug face. Flying down from his perch, he enveloped the fox in a tight hug. “I don’t mean that,” he muttered begrudgingly. “I’m just slightly annoyed that you’re always stuck in that marble prison.”

“You know it’s because of my contract of servitude, don’t you?” Freixo replied coolly. “Don’t go on another tangent about how the gods are ‘unfair’.”

“Just give me my gift and grab a seat so we can talk.” Alistair shot back sourly.

Smirking, Freixo reached into his bag and pulled out said gift. “With pleasure.” He grinned cheekily.

“You know what Nabi would say to this situation, don’t you?” Alistair inquired, brow raised as he took a sip of his tea.

Freixo sighed, rubbing both his temples simultaneously. “I know, I know.” He muttered. “He’d say: ‘Just go and do it, you spineless coward.’”

Nodding, Alistair took another sip of his tea before speaking. “Exactly. And he’s right. You’ve gone and bought Astoria a gift, so why not just go and give it to her?” Another sip. “Unless of course you’d rather your gift go to waste?”

“I don’t know, Alistair. I just don’t want to scare her off. Or potentially make her feel awkward.” He replied. “I mean, we don’t really know each other. The gift could mean that I want to get to know her better, and yet, I can only think of the million ways this can go south.”

Alistair looked up from his teacup. “You know that she can always reject your present, right?”

Freixo looked up from staring at his paws, eyes wide and mouth agape.

“Are you serious?” Alistair screeched. “It never crossed your mind?”

“No!” Freixo shot back indignantly. “I only thought about how she might be weirded out about the gift! Not the possibility that she could decide not to even take it!”

“You just mentioned how you two barely knew each other! That’s enough reason not to accept the gift! She might feel strange accepting it.” Alistair replied, shaking his head.

Releasing a breath through his nose, Freixo slumped in his seat. “Now what?”

Pouring himself another cup of tea, Alistair scoffed, causing the stream pouring out of the pot to shake. “What do you mean? You go and give it to her of course!”

“Even if she might reject me?” Freixo asked, panic rising in his voice.

“So what?” Alistair replied. “You either get rejected now, or later.”

Scrunching up his nose, Freixo shook his head. “You don’t know that. What if I get to know her first? Then it won’t be weird if I give her the gift.”

Alistair shrugged, taking yet another sip of tea. “Whatever you want, Freixo. Just ask yourself this: do you want to give her the gift now?”

A few moments of silence passed before Freixo answered. “I don’t know,” he muttered, exasperated. “I honestly don’t know what to do.”

Swirling the tea around in his cup, Alistair took yet another sip before speaking. “Will you regret not giving it to her today?”

“Maybe?” Freixo answered, looking out of the window next to him.

“I’m going to be honest,” Alistair sighed. “I know you – you’re going to whine and mope about how you didn’t go ahead and give her the gift. Then you’ll go on a spiel about how the gift you bought mocks you every time you see it because it will just be lying around your temple, a reminder of what you were unable to do.”

Freixo bit his lip but said nothing.

Alistair continued. “It was already difficult enough for you to be able to smile and wave at her. You’re still incapable of speaking to her beyond greetings. You either start now, or never start at all.” He took yet another sip of his tea. “It’s your choice.”

Friexo picked up his own teacup from the small table between them. He gazed at his reflection in the brown liquid.

His companion’s voice sliced through his contemplation. “How long have you been in love with her?”

“Since the day I met her,” he replied automatically.

A moment of silence passed between them. “Then make your choice: someday or day one?”

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 3 April 2017 at 8:57 PM

@fairy_tail
Yea, not sure if this is exactly on topic, as most of my talks end out, but writing tends to reflect some part of the actual writer. Poetry is a common form of this thought.

That's okay! Many of my first pages tend to not have TOO much dialogue. I do incorporate a bunch in my newer stories though and is still present in the older ones ^^"

Love it so far! The name's are incredibly thoughtful and creative, I also love his depiction on the goddess. Beautiful work so far! The page set up is also pretty fantastic

Continuing

Pt 2! Love the conversation. Very engaging between the friends. And that last sentence though to! Can't wait for more! Thanks for posting!

Deleted • 4 April 2017 at 9:55 PM

#SugarBuzz #SugarBuzzPg7

"Oh. Erm, I'm sorry." Ella apologized quickly. Alex just rolled his eyes.

"Are we going now?!" Monty fidgeted. "I really wanna get back to Quamarat."

Tensing his muscles, Alex turned to face them.
"S-so. You know about the evil gods, right?"

The kids exchanged looks. "You mean the SWAT?"

"Er.. I guess so." he nervously meowed. "Well, sit down you smeerps!"

The kids sat down cross-legged on the floor. There, they were eye-level with Alex.

Female
349 posts

fairy_tail • 11 April 2017 at 10:20 PM

@stagfire

I couldn't agree more with that. I love writing poetry myself and I feel that it's a very expressive art form and an excellent way to release emotions.

I actually prefer descriptions and depictions of feelings over dialogue, if I had to choose. I like making my audiences feel the emotions of my characters rather than write chatter. Although I know that conversations are necessary haha.

Thank you so much!❤️ I'm really glad you like it. I don't know if I've mentioned it yet, but Mmrs is based on my experiences. It makes me feel happy that I can convey things in my life in a engaging way lol

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 12 April 2017 at 11:10 PM

@doyoueverwonder
Awesome! Sorry for late reply, XD, forgot to subscribe to the topic.

@fairy_tail
Yea, very on point 😊

Cool. Yea, that makes sense. You express a lot through thought, not talk. Lol, yea.

No problem! Oh wow, really? That's awesome! (No wonder it's so accurate)

Female
496 posts

shadow_girl • 10 May 2017 at 3:43 PM

I'm finally here... (sobs) I'm sorry I haven't posted yet!

#DreamGoneWrong
#DreamGoneWrongPg1

June was not feeling okay.

Then again, June usually never felt okay anytime near the morning. Her mother had thought this excessively strange—at least, strange enough to accuse her of witchcraft. June was pretty sure that if anyone were to be convicted of dark magic, it would be her mom. Sadly, her mom didn't agree with this.

She had been dreaming—about fairies and elves and purple clouds and a whole lot of magical who-knows-what. But somewhere near the ending, the fairies and elves had gown into hulking, spiny monsters and the clouds had turned a stormy black. And June would've known what happened next, but just as the thunder started and the monsters had been reaching, moaning, hissing...

She'd woken up. The daylight brought with it a whole new kind of fear, something more dangerous than all of June's messed-up dreams combined.

~~~

yayyyyy first post 😃