Writers Portal Stories

in Chit-Chat

Should we add the mod sheet pretty soon?

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 25 May 2017 at 10:56 AM

#RealityVirtual
#RealityVirtualpg1
Chapter One: Confusion

My eyes slowly opened as I winced, pain prodding at my back and head. I rubbed my head while standing up and the aching stopped immediately at the ascend. Wait, what? Why doesn’t everything hurt anymore? What even happened? I thought to myself, answering the later question by looking up. The view above was bright and sunny, but also distant. I could barely see the dark outline of trees at the top and the scarce rays of stray light illuminated the dome like structure made of rocks that I stood in. Looking down, a patch of golden flowers surrounded me and almost looked familiar, though I couldn’t quite place where I had seen them before. My memory was a spiderweb of thoughts: fragile, pieces connected to some other pieces while others didn’t, and full of gaps. What I did remember told two very different stories. On one side, my mind projected a first person perspective of walking to my laptop, a tab already pulled up. For some reason excitement rushed through me, giddiness as well. My hands typed something on the keyboard but I couldn’t see- no, more like I couldn’t remember- what I had typed.

At the same time, I remembered running up a mountain path. For what reason, I truly didn’t know. The top came into vision and a gaping hole could be seen. Taking another step forward, a split second allowed me to see my foot get snagged and the gap swallowed me whole, a splotch of yellow getting close and closer. Then the two versions on my memory hit together like an eruption of a volcano and a hurricane smashing into each other.

A new headache surfaced, causing me to sway. I held my arms out in hope to gain balance, but failing badly.

“A little tipsy, are we?” said a voice, causing me to jump. Turning around, I found myself looking at a child about my age. They wore a green and yellow sweater and brown pants. Their hair reached their shoulders and their eyes were a dark brown. Overall, the child looked normal, except for the fact they were slightly translucent. They looked at me with a bored expression and raised an eyebrow.

“It’s rude to stare, you know.”

#RealityVirtual
#RealityVirtualpg2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry it's so short! I've barely had anytime to work on it. ^^"

Female
225 posts

izz • 25 May 2017 at 11:09 AM

@stagfire
What is this forum exactly? And can anyone join? The beginning was a little vague 😊

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 25 May 2017 at 5:53 PM

@shadow_girl
Wonderful! Ah, that's alright, I have yet to post my first as well XD (Sorry for late reply, wasn't in America when posted XD)

@pitch1226
Ah, I love it! Perfect title, confusion. The eyebrow, one of my favorite moves

@izz
The other forum tells how to sign up, did you go there? If you have any questions, just ping me or @crossfire

Female
14 posts

crossfire • 25 May 2017 at 6:03 PM

Hey, everyone! I want some people to sign up for mods so I can fill up the mod sheet!

Here's how to fill it.
Username (Ex. @stagfire)
What'd you like to do (Ex. Edit)

And that's it!(for the most part!)

Please help ping the rest and ping me once you have filled it out.

Please see this!
@izziebee1017
@summer99318
@femme
@jellifysh
@doyoueverwonder

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 25 May 2017 at 6:11 PM

Hello! Finally posting the first chapter of my story! I decided to change the story, sorry XD This one's better(personally I think so). Enjoy!

EDIT: This is now draft 2 of my story the prologue

#Tythis
#Tythispg1

Prologue

She tapped her seat, growing impatient for about the thirtieth time. She lifted her phone, forgetting it was in Protective Casing. She sniffed, annoyed before setting it back down. It quickly vanished, wisping into her watch. She tapped her watch, selecting music, and she slipped air pods into her ears, humming to the music. The woman beside her slipped her a glare and Astrid felt like laughing. Just a little. This woman had pestered her the whole ride, she could deal with a little humming.
“I’m still not having a child,” she said nonchalantly and the woman sniffed.
“Children are wonderful, they bring happiness to the world,” she smiled deceivingly and Astrid eyed her, skeptical.
“And crying and loudness and peeing, lots of peeing,” she muttered, raising an eyebrow, a defining trait she was proud of. “And how old do you think I am, exactly?” she laughed and the woman widened her eyes.
“18, maybe 20,” she suggested and she laughed, spitting out the water in her mouth.
“I’m 14!” she half-yelled and the woman scratched her head.
“Oh,” she muttered, turning her head to the window.
“Just, oh, huh,” Astrid chuckled, tilting her head to the ceiling. Cold air whooshed out of the vents and she shivered slightly. The lights above them shone brightly and she squinted against its light. The ship a light blue interior decorated with dark blue stripes lining the top. Astrid could see holographs lighting up most every corner. She could see a girl with bright blond-brown hair in a messaging app, typing away. Astrid glanced at her, only suspicious for a moment. Messaging apps didn’t work in the Protective Casing.
“That’s my daughter, by the way,” the woman murmured proudly next to her, tapping her shoulder. Astrid looked at her, curling her lip.
“Interesting, she hasn’t turned on her Protective Casing,” she muttered.
“Like many others,” the woman smiled and the person across from Astrid poked her shoulder. She looked over at him, turning her head slightly.
“Astrid, stop,” he muttered and she folded her arms.
“Yeah, sure,” she growled, glaring at the floor. She tapped her shoe impatiently, resting her face on her hand. The woman opened her mouth again and then yelped in surprise as the ship flew into turbulence. Astrid clutched the seat bar next to her, confused. Turbulence was the worst thing that could happen on a ship and it never happened because the ships were meant to not have it. The woman next to her peered out the window, her face obscuring what Astrid could see of it. She cursed to herself. She looked over at the girl and her eyes widened in surprise to see her gone, the hologram still running in her seat. She looked around, blinking rapidly as a voice protruded through a speaker.
“Passengers, please remain calm as we pass through this slight turbulence, it will soon be over, Passengers, please-” the voice echoed, reiterating itself on a loop.
“Slight?” she snorted, not being able to help herself. She felt the ship start to tip and several small screams of horror echoed around the ship.
“Cross 9.1, Cross 9.1, Error, Error,” she heard a pilot speaking at the front. Astrid shut her eyes, opening her mouth, expecting a scream to come out. And then.
Silence.
Utter silence. She opened her eyes, splitting her fingers, confused. Several other passengers were looking up, their faces bewildered. She shrugged despite herself, knowing that no one was watching. She spread her fingers and clutched the armrest, not comforted by the sudden stop. Some people started to slowly get up from their seats, afraid.
“Passengers,” the pilot's voice started, echoing throughout the ship. “Please proceed to the Emergency Exit, please proceed to the Emergency Exit,” he called and more people rushed from their seats. Astrid stayed put, only lifting her head.
“What are you doing?” the woman hissed that sat next to her. Her normally friendly, smiley face was replaced by venom. “You’re going to get us killed,” she growled, shoving past Astrid. She looked at her with disdain. Footsteps all around her were thumping on the dull, black floors of the ship. The Emergency lights started to flicker on around the seats, leaving the ship in almost complete darkness. Astrid saw the man running over to the door and she sighed in relief. He’d not seen her here, she was staying put. Suddenly, the ship groaned and pulled upwards and she saw the pilot looking around him.
“He isn’t doing it,” she thought, the idea running through her mind.
“Everyone! Get down!” she yelled and the people complied, surprisingly. Fear makes people do crazy things. Definitely including listening to a 14-year-old. The only person who didn’t, was the woman. She stayed standing, a hand on a chair. She glared defiantly at her and Astrid glared back with equal venom.
Not so desperate.
“If you want to be alive for your daughter, get down!” she screamed and the woman gradually lowered herself to the floor, her hand wrapped around and armrest. Astrid swiped her sleeve against her forehead, her hoodie absorbing the sweat. She pulled it off, tieing it quickly around her waist.
“Is it just me, or is it hot in here?” she heard someone ask, confirming her thought. She quickly glanced at the window and it took her a minute to see it. Flames, large, licking flames. Astrid clapped a hand over her mouth and clutched the seat. A girl looked up at her, her eyes wide. Astrid looked at her, and she felt her eyebrows dip in sympathy. Astrid opened her mouth and then closed it.
“Oh look, our savior doesn’t know what to do,” the woman snapped, raising her arms. Suddenly the ship jolted and the woman was flown across the floor, and they all watched in horror. She stared at her for a moment before half-crawling, half-walking towards her. She hooked her elbow around the woman’s and started to pull her upward. The woman looked at Astrid, her eyes frenzied. “I-thank you,” the woman murmured, looking down. Astrid smiled, hauling her up. She kept hold until the woman was secure on the seat. She chanced a look at the windows again and she took a step toward them. She pressed her fingertips to the glass, her eyes widening against her will. The fire, it wasn’t on the plane, it was on Earth. She was in outer space.
Outer space.
Crazy. Absolutely crazy.
She saw a dark object in the corner of the window. Assuming it was another ship, she turned away, her hand clenched onto the chair.
“Okay,everyon-” she started, taking a deep breath. She didn’t get to finish before the impact hit the ship like a rock.

#Tythis
#Tythispg2

Ta-da! Please enjoy the edited version!

Non-binary
1,221 posts

degong • 25 May 2017 at 6:12 PM

@stagfire

You can ping more than five people, now, in V3. ^^ Useful, isn't it? 😊
Anyway, I'd like to sign up, please. 😃

Username: @Degong
What'd You Like To Do: Edit and give advice

-

More Pings (Look at @crossfire's post above ^):
@shadow_girl
@ammolite
@flowerlynx
@fairy_tail
@nightmaremoon12

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 25 May 2017 at 6:19 PM

@degong I'm already a mod 😉

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 25 May 2017 at 6:23 PM

@degong
Oh god, that's fantastic XD Cool! Added 😊

(chica and pitch are already mods XD) Thanks for finishing 😊

Female
225 posts

izz • 25 May 2017 at 6:51 PM

#picket
#picket1

It was bitterly cold at Weed Station. The 0200 pulled in slowly in its great dark majesty. Smoke billowed around a single white fox standing on the platform, mixing with the steam of his breath. A silver band encircled his head like a crown. He squinted in the poor light and pulled his hood over his eyes. A lens flipped down from the band around his head, like a monocle. A sharp blue eye peered through.
“Hey you there!” A shadow leaped down from the train’s engine. It strode across the platform, the dark smoke curling around his white fur. “The station is closed. Get out. Or do you need me to show you the way?”
The fox pulled its coat even closer around himself as he looked up at the shadow. It was a lynx, not yet full grown but still a formidable sight.
The white fox smiled.
The lynx hissed softly, instinctively. The white fox dipped his head so that his face was hidden in the harsh shadow caused by the headlight of the 0200. More shapes leaped down from the train. Squirrels, cats, badgers and other animals seemed to materialize out of the smoke. Their faces were smudged with black and their eyes were cold.
The white fox spoke. “You were sent to meet someone at this station. And yet you seem so eager to chase me off.”
The lynx scowled with what might have been embarrassment. “I didn’t expect a stunted wolf"
The white creature reached under his coat, grasping a small metal cylinder. “I am a fox. I can assure you that I am the one that you were informed of.”
“Give me proof.”
The fox handed the cat a sheet of paper. The lynx glanced over it. A smile slowly spread itself over his patterned face. “Looks like you were telling the truth, little wolf.”
The fox threw the metal cylinder at the lynx’s paws. It exploded, knocking him and two others backwards in a flash of light. The other animals gave cries and sprang forward, but their enemy had pressed his back against one of the pillars and held another device in each hand. “Look, I must inform you,” he said, his paws gripping white around the silver orbs, "as your mother apparently has not, that it is not the best manners to insult strangers with no apparent reason."
The lynx pushed himself up and stumbled forward. One paw was pressed against his shoulder. Blood oozed out from underneath it. The fox clenched his teeth, growling. He expected a fight.
Then the lynx laughed softly, swiftly changing moods. “We’re on the same side.” He held up the piece of paper, which was now ragged and torn. “I guess we should start acting like it. Truce?” He held out his paw.
The fox’s growl died in his throat. He shoved the bombs under his coat again and placed his small paw in the big one. The lens flipped back up.
A shriek echoed down the track, the next train was coming in.
“Where should I deliver?” The lynx’s voice was urgent now. The crew of the train was scattering silently.
The blue eyes considered. “Picket Hotel.”

A lone white fox walked down the street, too early for many to be up. It was bitterly cold.

(This is a prologue by the way, #picket2 for upcoming chapter one)

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 25 May 2017 at 8:32 PM

@degong
That was amazing! Your writing is splendid! I can't wait to read more! (The only trouble I have is with not knowing some creatures XD)

@izz
Love the writing! Some parts move too quickly, want to add more detail? I can't wait to hear what happens to the Hotel!

Non-binary
1,221 posts

degong • 25 May 2017 at 8:35 PM

@stagfire

Thank you so much~! 😃 I'm glad you're excited. ^^

Here's a guide, if you want: ^^

Meerna ~ http://www.eggcavity.com/creature-index?Meerna
Reidea ~ http://www.eggcavity.com/creature-index?Reidea
Gamaeso ~ http://www.eggcavity.com/creature-index?Gamaeso
Cactower ~ http://www.eggcavity.com/creature-index?Cactower
Tidnab ~ http://www.eggcavity.com/creature-index?Tidnab
Sankose ~ http://www.eggcavity.com/creature-index?Sankose
Kambing ~ http://www.eggcavity.com/creature-index?Kambing
Kakakuona ~ http://www.eggcavity.com/creature-index?Kakakuona
Jerob ~ http://www.eggcavity.com/creature-index?Jerob
Goggy ~ http://www.eggcavity.com/creature-index?Goggy
Foxfly ~ http://www.eggcavity.com/creature-index?Foxfly
Cachnid ~ http://www.eggcavity.com/creature-index?Cachnid
Artemiane ~ http://www.eggcavity.com/creature-index?Artemiane
Akrep ~ http://www.eggcavity.com/creature-index?Akrep
Soetzal ~ http://eggcave.com/archives/view/soetzal
Shawloot ~ http://eggcave.com/archives/view/shawloot

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 25 May 2017 at 8:47 PM

@degong
Ah, thanks so much XD Man, still need to find Shawloot *starts to search* Lol,

Non-binary
1,221 posts

degong • 25 May 2017 at 8:51 PM

@stagfire

Oh, yeah, we don't have the images of the Shawloot yet. xD It's a monkey with a blue scarf, if that helps. 😋
I think there's only two or three in existence.

Female
14 posts

crossfire • 25 May 2017 at 8:58 PM

Chapter 1!

#Tythis
#Tythispg2

Chapter 1

“Astrid Kin Switz!” she heard the man yell beyond her door. She stuffed a pillow over her face.”Stop being a teenager!” he shouted and she begrudgingly set the pillow down on her stark, white bed. She pulled the purple covers over it, hiding the mess. She kicked her chair towards her desk and she skid over to her door, unlocking it. Astrid twisted it open and the man fell in. He quickly recovered, panting.
“That was not funny, Astrid Switz!” he said, pointing his finger at her. She shrugged.
“It kind of was,” she laughed and she could tell he was appalled.
“If you say it was, I’m taking you on the trip,” he threatened and she gaped at him, still holding the door.
“That’s absurd,” she coughed, clicking her tongue. He shrugged, ignoring her.
“Captain James Parker Switz,” she said formally back to him and his eyes brightened for a moment. “Did you honestly come here to talk to me about that. Again,” she sighed, flicking her hand off of the door, which slowly started to close. He jumped in, scratching his head.
“Yes, Astrid, it is important,” he said, holding a pose.
“Do you know what contractions are? In grammar?” Astrid asked suddenly, and Switz eyed her.
“Yes,” he replied dutifully after a moment.
“Good, you should use them,” she growled, opening her door again. She motioned her hand for him to leave. Switz glared at her.
“No, I mean, no, I will not leave. I will use contractions though,” he snapped, trying to regain his regality.
“Well, you missed one,” Astrid muttered to herself, plunking onto her bed. He glared at her again, not saying anything. “Why so confident and pushy about this, ‘mission’?” Astrid sighed, lifting her hands in the air. Switz bristled for a moment before moving to stand in front of her, or pace, one of the two.
“After two years, Astrid, one of the persons on flight Cross 9.1 has been missing. Presumed dead, but with no hard evidence. A search has gone through many times but with no results,” he started, folding his hands behind his back. He was interrupted by her door shutting, loudly. He glared at her window in an effort to glare at the door.
“It’s an inanimate object,” Astrid smiled, antagonizing him. He bristled again, taking a deep breath.
“All other bodies or persons have been recovered so the search was done continuously. We want to continue investigating so the person isn’t harmed by the harsh climate of Mars and some civilians,” he finished, wheeling her stool out to sit on. Astrid sighed, looking out the window. She didn’t want to go on the mission, although it did have a good alibi. She noticed a flicker of blue light in the corner of the window, and she turned her head, already knowing it was the launch site that Switz worked at. Red dust floated around everyone, coating every object in a layer of dust that smelled of sulfur. The bright, yellow sun hummed on the horizon and lit up the buildings in the distance. She looked down at the bench in front of the ovular window and she brushed the grass with her fingertips. Earth, it felt like Earth. Astrid shivered, thinking about when they had first come to Mars. The ‘Earthens’ bodies had to be mutilated to perform well inside of Mars and its atmosphere. “So, Astrid,” she heard Switz hum casually and she sneered at the window, quickly covering it up. She looked around at her apartment, the stark whiteness of it stinging her eyes. It also had an ovular shape and the window contained the whole one side of it.
“I think I need new bed sheets, the white is getting to my head, a nice light blue would be perfect. I don’t want the blandness messing with my mind,” she answered, changing the topic slightly, smiling at the window. In the reflection she saw Switz looking at her, his eyes burning. He quickly got up and opened the door again, looking back.
“You’ll regret this,” he whispered, venom in his voice. She pretended not to hear him, as was his intention. The door slammed shut and Astrid moved herself to a stool in front of the window, wheeling it out from underneath the bench. She gazed out and shivered, holding her arms around herself.
“You’ll regret this,” she thought, confused.”Why is that so familiar?” she thought again, closing her eyes to the window.

So much shorter! Oops?

#Tythis
#Tythispg3

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 25 May 2017 at 9:00 PM

@degong
Cool, XD, if I've ever seen it, it disappeared from my memory in a few seconds.

HOLY. Wow...that's crazy.

Female
225 posts

izz • 25 May 2017 at 9:39 PM

@stagfire
Thanks for your feedback! Because of it being a prologue (oh, the horror) I rushed it a bit. Will fix the lack of detail.

Also, I tend to write shortish -though longer than that last one- chapters but normal sized books, there will probably be quite a few posts from me. Is that alright, or should I try to combine my chapters more?

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 26 May 2017 at 5:46 PM

@izz
Ah, sa'll right. Love the prologue though, it captures the suspense quite nicely.

Take as many chapters as you'd like, if they're shorter though, you can post more often to keep the readers in suspense. (Something like that). Really, what I'm trying to say is, do whatever you'd like.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 28 May 2017 at 5:05 PM

@izz
Wonderful. Sometimes not even the writer can describe their poem. Maybe hashtag it #izzpoem

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 1 June 2017 at 11:46 AM

#RealityVirtual
#RealityVirtualpg2

Chapter Two: Confusion Times Two

Blinking a few times before coming back to my senses, I hesitantly waved, but stayed quiet. The cave like area was filled with an awkward silence. Finally, the stranger let out an aggravated sigh began to talk.

“Well, can you speak? If not, this is going to be a long journey,” they said, the hint of a glare in their gaze.

“I can talk,” were the only words I could squeak out. The other person looked from side to side with moving their head and then looked back at me, motioning for me to continue.

“Have you never seen a ghost before? Jeez, just talk to me like I’m a normal person! What is your name? What are you doing here? Do you know anything?!” They were practically exploding with annoyance and it caused me to take a sudden step back and trip over my own feet. I landed with a soft thud amongst the flowers, a bit shocked but otherwise fine. The movement seemed to rise a memory buried in the aggravated ghost though, as they instantly stopped and even moved forward, but hesitated. Standing up, I brushed off a few golden petals that had attached themselves to my blue and pink sweater and blue pants. Warily, I gave them a shy smile and scratched my head.

“To be completely honest, I haven’t seen a ghost before. I-I don’t know anything really. Not my name, how or why I am here, nothing. Um, if you don’t mind me asking, what is your name?”

Much to my surprise, they didn’t answer immediately. If they didn’t trust me enough to tell me their name, the quest to get back home was going to be awkward. However, after looking at me and apparently deciding I was worthy of knowing their name, they grumbled, “Name’s Chara. What am I supposed to call you though if you don’t even remember your name?”

“Pitch!”

“Excuse me?”

“Pitch. Call me Pitch,” I reiterated. Although I wasn’t sure why, that word seemed very familiar. It made me feel happy even. Chara, on the other hand, looked doubtful, but shrugged anyway.

“If you insist. Now, Pitch, what do you say we get going? I’m sure you’re anxious to get home and, to be frank, I’m anxious to get back to sleep.”

#RealityVirtual
#RealityVirtualpg3 <-- Coming whenever it wants to

~~~~~~~~
Yep, another short one, but I figured why not. Short paragraphs are the best.

Female
349 posts

fairy_tail • 1 June 2017 at 9:49 PM

Hey guys! Sorry I've been gone so long. I'm entering my finals right now and I don't have much time to write the next chapter of #Mmrs.

I do have things planned though. Definitely. I'll be around when my quarter ends!

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 3 June 2017 at 7:29 AM

@pitch1226
Love it so far! I'm a little confused, how many ghosts are there? XD

@fairy_tail
Hey! Indeed. Cool, I just finished my 'exams', school just ended yesterday for me.

Cool, can't wait to hear from you then!

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 3 June 2017 at 9:11 AM

@stagfire Just one right now: Chara. 😉

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 3 June 2017 at 11:50 AM

@pitch1226
Okay, great XD

Female
14 posts

crossfire • 20 June 2017 at 9:06 PM

@fairy_tail
Hey! Hope your finals are going well(or went well), hope to be seeing you posting soon 😊

Female
349 posts

fairy_tail • 21 June 2017 at 2:37 PM

@stagfire @crossfire

Whew! Finished my finals.😊 I went with no sleep for the last 3 days, but it was worth it (I guess).XD I just flew home last week. Nice to be home now that it's summer.^^

Thanks for being patient! I present the next page!

- #Mmrs #Mmrspg3

“You gonna do it or what?”

Freixo gulped and shook his head. “I don’t know, Alistair. Should I or shouldn’t I?” he asked pleadingly.

Alistair sighed. “We already talked about this. Do it before you regret not doing it or just not.”

“Okay,” Freixo sighed, laying on his back. The cool marble of the temple floor lowered his rapidly heating pelt as his thoughts wandered to Astoria. “I’m not going to do it.”

Alistair raised an eyebrow. “Are you sure? I mean, you bought the gift and everything.”

“Yeah, I did. But then again, what if she refuses? Or what if she thinks I’m weird when I give it to her?” he replied.

“If that’s what you want to do.” Alistair muttered unsurely.

Taking the small stuffed cat in his paws, Freixo gave it a light squeeze. I’ll give you to her someday. He thought. Just not today.

The pair sat in the center of the Temple of Vasilissa, having just returned from eating lunch in Thisia. Freixo had been moving the various ornaments and potted plants inside the temple after arriving, trying to clean up the temple before ultimately giving up and lying on the floor with his friend instead.

“Ugh!” Crying out in frustration, Freixo rolled onto his stomach, still clutching the stuffed cat in his paws. “I don’t know what to do! On one hand, I want to give it to her so badly, but on the other, I don’t know if I should.”

“Alaric above, Freixo!” Alistair practically growled. “Stop moping and do it then! No regrets and all that, remember?”

Freixo looked at his friend pleadingly. “But – but – but –”, he blubbered uselessly before resigning himself to staring at the small toy again.

Silence reigned in the temple for a few moments before the sound of hoof-steps sounded in the courtyard.

Immediately, Freixo’s head sprang up and he raced to the doorway before Alistair could even open his mouth. He stood frozen, but with an eager smile on his face as he saw Astoria trotting across the courtyard, heading for the forest once again.

“Hi, Astoria!” He called, waving a paw at the passing doe.

Looking up from the ground, Astoria replied with a soft, “hey”, before continuing her fast trot to the forest.

Freixo remained by the doorway, watching her retreating figure until she was swallowed up by the foliage. He gave a sigh of both fondness and despair as he continued to stare at the spot she had disappeared to. He was only brought out of his stupor by a harsh clap on his back from Alistair.

“What are the odds that she’d come by today?” The avian said cheerfully.

The fox was silent and moved his gaze to the ground. He contemplated and weighed his options. I could always give Astoria the cat when she comes back from the forest, he thought. Or, I can just go back inside and wait another time.

The feeling of uncertainty ate at him and he hated it. He knew that if he didn’t take this opportunity, he would regret it for the rest of his days. Apart from the fact that he would also end up not giving it to her in the end.

He squeezed the stuff cat in his paw, frowning. The toy seemed to mock him with its wide eyes and mouthless face. Before he knew it, the sound of hoof-beats sounded again along with the crunching of grass underfoot.

Freixo gulped and looked up to see Astoria emerge from the forest. The doe walked briskly, gaze fastidiously trained on the ground, a basket of flowers hung on either side of her body. She’s done with her flower collecting. He thought idly to himself.

Alistair stood beside his friend, silently asking the fox if he was going to push through with the present or not.

Astoria was passing by fast, Freixo’s chance was slipping away with each second he stood frozen at the doorway.

Before he knew it, his mouth was open, calling out to her. “Hey, Astoria!”

“Hey,” she replied, just as quickly as her pace. She turned and disappeared behind a large rock.

“Astoria! Wait!” Freixo called out after her, almost desperately as he bound down the temple steps with Alistair in tow. “I have something to give to you!”

“What?” Astoria called out from her place behind the rock. “You do?”

“Yeah,” he replied, almost breathless as he stopped at the foot of the staircase.

Slowly, the doe peered out from behind the rock before moving at a slow trot towards him. “What is it?” she asked, almost timidly.

Sucking in a deep breath, Freixo held out both his paws, the stuffed cat clutched in between them. “I know you like stuffed toys, so when I saw this, it reminded me of you. That’s why I got it.”

Astoria looked at the toy, her yellow eyes widening in surprise. “I – I –” she stammered out, taking the cat from his paws and turning it over in her hooves. “I couldn’t possibly –”

Freixo shook his head. “I insist,” he said, looking at her earnestly. “I want you to take it.”

She chuckled softly, a huge grin threatening to split her face formed. “Now I feel bad,” she murmured. “I didn’t get you anything.”

“It’s okay,” Freixo replied. He found her grin infectious and felt his own muzzle form a smile. “You really don’t have to do that.”

Finally, Astoria lifted her gaze from the cat to flash him the widest smile she could muster. “Thank you,” she said. “I like it very much.”

“I’m glad you do.” Freixo smiled back.

She placed the cat in one of the baskets that hung on her side before turning to leave. Astoria flashed one last smile before walking away.

Freixo watched until she once again disappeared behind the rock. He waited until he was sure she was far enough and out of earshot before turning to Alistair.

The red-crowned crane was smiling as he put up his wing for a high-five.

Grinning, the fox slapped his paw against his friend’s outstretched wing. “I did it!” he cried out breathlessly. “I gave it to her!”

“You did!” Alistair confirmed happily. “I always knew you had it in you!”

“Did you see, Alistair? She accepted it! And she was really happy!” Freixo cheered.

Alistair nodded. “She was! She also didn’t pay any notice to me standing around. That’s a good sign – it means she was comfortable in our company.”

“It did, didn’t it?” Freixo sighed dreamily before collapsing onto the grass. “She doesn’t hate me.” He laughed out in relief.

“She definitely doesn’t.” Alistair confirmed, laying himself down on the grass beside Freixo.

“I’m so happy right now.” Freixo announced.

Alistair turned his head to face his friend. “But don’t get carried away,” he warned. “We don’t know her well at all. I don’t want you getting hurt.”

Freixo turned to meet his friend’s gaze. “I know,” he replied seriously. “I’ll try my best not to.” He then shot him a grin. “Besides,” he drawled, stretching. “If I do, you’ll pull me back, won’t you?”

Nodding, Alistair turned to face the sky. “I’ll do more than just pull you back,” he said. “I’ll slap that doe straight across the face if she dares to hurt you.”

Laughing, Freixo turned to face the sky as well. He sighed in contentment as he closed his eyes. All is well. He thought.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 21 June 2017 at 8:47 PM

@fairy_tail
I'd just die without sleep for 3 days, kind of, sleep is my precious XD That sounded creepy, lmao

No problem! (YAY! More pages! 😃)

~*~

Love the writing! Heh, lmao, whenever someone says,"All is well," you know there's trouble XD

Female
349 posts

fairy_tail • 27 June 2017 at 1:32 PM

@stagfire

Thank you.❤️ I already have the next chapter down actually. Just going over it before I post it.😊

Well, you'd be surprised at what that line REALLY means

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 27 June 2017 at 2:50 PM

@fairy_tail

Nice! I started a draft 2 of my story It's way better 😊

Well is All?

Deleted • 16 July 2017 at 3:32 PM

@stagfire
It glitched right when I got to the halfway done point. It's pretty short.

#Dragorthpt1

Characters

Mikuri: A shy female paper dragon.
Koru: A stubborn male leaf dragon.
Spark: A blonde trainee in magic studying who's very interested in dragons.

Koru bumped the ground hard. Mikuri landed right on top of him. "Where are we, Koru?" she asked him. Unknown, they were in a little farmyard on Earth. She chewed her tail. "Every-dragon will be upset we're away."
Spark raced out of the farmhouse. "Did someone say dragons?" he stopped in front of Koru and Mikuri. "Oh my gosh. Dragons!" he climbed on Koru, and Koru knocked him off.
"We better be careful, Mikuri. We just got here and already see a weirdo." he said as Spark got back up.
"Weirdo is a bit harsh, I'd say." Spark counteracts as he gets up and takes some pictures of them.
Mikuri sighed. "If it's going like this, we'll never get back."

#Dragorth
#Dragorthpt2

Female
1,395 posts