Breeding!

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
1,526 posts

nvr4evr1 • 21 June 2011 at 3:49 PM

Originally posted by thepells4.

I believe this idea is incredible and would be great to make Egg Cave flourish. Post your ideas below and tell me some of your ideas to make breeding better. No pessimistic remarks please. Tell us what would make this better for users!

You're ideas will go below.
Ideas Agreed On:
-Breeding once a month per egg
-The rarer the egg, the least chance of producing an egg
-If you don't get an egg for the said lot of time: You get a second chance and have to wait.
-After you breed a certain amount of eggs from certain species [Say a tine - two eggs allowed] then they have on file not the user who bred the creatures, but the creatures themselves - So they couldn't be sent to a new owner to be bred more.
-Day care where you can spend a lot of EC to have your eggs breed and leave them there for a few days
-Mating seasons
-CC to breed CC eggs, EC to breed regular eggs
-Never 100% chance of a successful breed
-Only original creatures should be allowed to breed. That means creatures who were created during the original release event.
-Pay CC/pay at "magic shop" to increase chance of a successful breed
-A limit on how many of the same type of rare creature per cove. Ex. You can have as many purchased Onnys as you want, but you can have only 2 bred Onnys.

Disagreed:
-Whether it should be CC or EC

Deleted • 21 June 2011 at 3:51 PM

My idea for the breeding;

~Once every few months
~The rarer the egg, the least chance of producing an egg
[IE Onny would be 5-10 breed chance]
~If you don't get an egg for the said lot of time - You don't get a second chance and have to wait.
~After you breed a certain amount of eggs from certain species [Say a tine - two eggs allowed] then they have on file not the user who bred the creatures, but the creatures themselves - So they couldn't be sent to a new owner to be bred more.

Yay :'D

Female
1,526 posts

nvr4evr1 • 21 June 2011 at 3:53 PM

@victoria_egg_storage

Those are great ideas! I was thinking the same about all of those. 😊 I wil add them to the list, I hope these are used in the future. 😊

Although I think it's supposed to be you get a second chance if an egg isn't made, correct?

Female
2,350 posts

takaedakumi • 21 June 2011 at 3:56 PM

Spending CC on breeding would just make things harder for people who are not allowed to spend money on CC. Maybe, you could have a day care kind of thing in Ark City, where you can spend a LOT of EC to breed eggs/creatures, and it would take a full day or week to do. But you would HAVE to have the creatures to do it. and they would HAVE to be opposite genders. And they would HAVE to be the same species. This way, anyone can do it with a lot of work.😊

Deleted • 21 June 2011 at 3:57 PM

Woop Woop!

I don't like how some people think of purchasing.. They're your creatures...

But, I think an EC would be a nice idea, not real money.

And there should be a breeding center, and like real animals you should have to pay a stud fee. [If you know what that is.]
With the stud fee, the mother creature's owner would get the egg but the father creature's owner would get a lot of ec
But, that's only if you have only one gender/friend to lend you their opposite gender one.

//Edit//

No, I mean no second chance. That way it does stay fair :]

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 21 June 2011 at 3:58 PM

I love the idea! *tinedrool*

Although, victoria_egg_storage, wouldn't it be nice to have family trees?

And also, EC is a good idea because a lot of people can't donate.

Also, for CC, you could buy stuff that makes them breed faster, or produce more offspring, or something like that.

That way, CC users still get advantages, but EC users can still breed.

Female
1,526 posts

nvr4evr1 • 21 June 2011 at 3:58 PM

@takatheeducatedkid

I agree with that although I don't think it would matter for CC since people could always trade for it or be gifted it if my other idea is made. 😋

I like the day care thing and having them in it for a few days in order for an egg to be made.

Deleted • 21 June 2011 at 3:59 PM

@crescentfeather By family trees, do you mean lineage?

Female
1,526 posts

nvr4evr1 • 21 June 2011 at 4:00 PM

Family trees would be amazing! I enjoy that idea so that's another plus to breeding!

@victoria_egg_storage

Oh because I was thinking if the breed doesn't work, spending all that EC/CC wouldn't be good so you could have a second chance free of charge in a week or so. But that would mean limited breeding in the future for that egg if it breeded too soon.

Female
2,350 posts

takaedakumi • 21 June 2011 at 4:00 PM

@nvr4evr1 Yeah, but if it costs CC, no one would want to part with what they've bred. 😋

Deleted • 21 June 2011 at 4:00 PM

@takatheeducatedkid LMFAO I keep thinking of pokemon now XD Thanks XD

Female
2,350 posts

takaedakumi • 21 June 2011 at 4:01 PM

@victoria_egg_storage Lol.

Deleted • 21 June 2011 at 4:01 PM

@crescentfeather

"Also, for CC, you could buy stuff that makes them breed faster, or produce more offspring, or something like that."

I actually like that idea *-* Like, a stone to raise the chance of an egg being made?

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 21 June 2011 at 4:02 PM

@ victoria_egg_storage Yes.

@takatheeducatedkid I edited my post 😊

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 21 June 2011 at 4:03 PM

There might be lot of problems with this & I doubt I'd support it much...

But if it were to happen, I think there should be a limit for each user (not account) as to how many creatures they could breed
Or a limit on how many of that species can exist (since it's only going to go down, the breeding will make up for the dying but not go past a certain level)

Female
1,526 posts

nvr4evr1 • 21 June 2011 at 4:03 PM

@takatheeducatedkid

I was thinking if you used EC there would be less of a chance of producing an egg, if it was CC you have an increased chance. If you can breed either way that would be good.

@icymuffin

That was one of our ideas. 😊 To limit the numbers a certain egg could breed to balance everything out.

Female
494 posts

plookle • 21 June 2011 at 4:04 PM

I didn't get involved in the last argument about this, but this seems to be a more civilized blog, so I'll bite.

On the whole I'm opposed to breeding. That being said, I'm also biased. We're ALL biased. Those of us with a few attainable goals want to work at these the old fashioned way and feel good about them. The people searching for very rare eggs and many different species are more inclined towards an 'easy way out', enter breeding.

However, since this is such a popular topic, and it's true that extinction for several species is beginning to become an issue, I'm willing to extend tentative support. Breeding has the potential to be a good thing, with the right restrictions. I think that,
-Only original creatures should be allowed to breed. That means creatures who were created during the original release event.
-Each creature can only breed so many times.
-Breeding can only occur once per set amount of time
-There is NEVER a 100% chance of success, maybe items can be bought to increase the chance (magic shop?!) but it should not be absolute.

I also think it might be interesting to set mating seasons for each breed or creature. Maybe within a few weeks of the original release date. For example, Onnies could only be bred each year in the two weeks preceding and following Easter.

Female
2,350 posts

takaedakumi • 21 June 2011 at 4:05 PM

@nvr4evr1 I agree, that would be cool.😊

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 21 June 2011 at 4:05 PM

@icymuffin the chances of breeding rares could be extremely low...

Also, how about this. You need EC to breed cave creatures/cave events, and you need CC to breed CC creatures. Like, in order to breed an Onny, you would need CC, and in order to breed a Flover, you need EC.

Deleted • 21 June 2011 at 4:06 PM

@icymuffin -

I thought of that too, but I thought it would be better to limit the creature breeding.

Like, if a male and female have two successful eggs they can't have anymore.

Also why I put only one chance per lotted amount of time

Female
1,526 posts

nvr4evr1 • 21 June 2011 at 4:07 PM

@plookle

Exactly what I was thinking. 😊 We all have our mind set that we want it limited already for each creature. Original creatures breeding would probably be best since newer ones will be easier to get and the older ones are the ones becomming extinct.

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 21 June 2011 at 4:08 PM

@plookle Mating seasons sounds like a good idea.

Female
2,350 posts

takaedakumi • 21 June 2011 at 4:09 PM

@crescentfeather There are plenty of people who aren't allowed to spend CC who would be doomed to never breed a rare creature if that where the case.

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 21 June 2011 at 4:10 PM

How about some creatures (e.g. Tine 1 and Tine 2) are breeding, but they don't like each other, and therefore no egg is produced?

Also, maybe to keep populations under control, maybe rares get unhappy faster?

@takatheeducatedkid And also, maybe mating seasons would be for CC/ultrarare creatures only?

Female
2,350 posts

takaedakumi • 21 June 2011 at 4:13 PM

@crescentfeather Maybe, but really, this would all be for Ian to decide. 😊

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 21 June 2011 at 4:13 PM

@takatheeducatedkid True. Although maybe he could look at our ideas.

Deleted • 21 June 2011 at 4:15 PM

I'm kinda on a hill with the CC, because 1) they're my eggs, 2) I can't spend any free money right now.

I think all should be EC, but the higher the egg rarity, the more it costs.

Common egg - 100 Ec? [Example]
Rare 100,000 EC [Example. again]

And also on the original, because for some reason eggs are being replaced because they disappear [If you know what I'm talking about.]

And, some of the users came late, they spent their money so they should get just as much of a chance.

Other than that I agree with everyone *-*

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 21 June 2011 at 4:17 PM

@ victoria_egg_storage Maybe you pay CC only for bonuses and to breed certain Cash Shop eggs?

Deleted • 21 June 2011 at 4:18 PM

Yeah, I just mean for the egg breeding itself, all other boosters cost CC

Female
2,350 posts

takaedakumi • 21 June 2011 at 4:19 PM

@crescentfeather That's it! You would only pay CC to breed CC creatures! 😃