Breeding!

in Site Feedback & Ideas

9,386 posts

smilies • 22 June 2011 at 12:16 AM

@nvr4evr1 Oh, of course I would be an awesome person and be like: ONNYS FOR EVERYONE! 😃 😃 😃 Except that might.... Make onnys kind of lame, so I just don't see Ian doing it xD

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 22 June 2011 at 12:16 AM

The only 2 female / male eggs I have are my colatays, Desert King, and Desert Queen.
It'll be nice for them to have a child. 😊

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 22 June 2011 at 1:05 PM

I have no couples. ☚ī¸

Female
2,350 posts

takaedakumi • 22 June 2011 at 3:24 PM

Sadly the greedy people are threatening to leave egg cave if Ian makes breeding happen. It's such a babyish thing to do, I mean, they just want to have control over the new people and the people who have a hard time getting rare eggs, this way, if they keep them at bay, they make tons. But if breeding enters the picture, no one relies on their unfair offers to get rare eggs anymore. Of course, I'm not saying this is how everyone thinks either, but there are plenty of people who do.

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 22 June 2011 at 3:28 PM

@takatheeducatedkid I agree. It's sad. Not accusing that ALL of them are against it for this reason, but a lot are.

/edit Sidenote: How about the ability to breed with other people's creatures? I.E. I only have one Tine. I could breed with someone else's creature and get eggs.

Female
1,526 posts

nvr4evr1 • 23 June 2011 at 12:37 PM

@takatheeducatedkid @crescentfeather

Yeah the greedy people will leave if this happens but I don't see a problem in that. Then Egg Cave will be much more friendly, more gift giving, less complications in trade and rude remarks.

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 23 June 2011 at 12:38 PM

@nvr4evr1
Exactly!

Female
1,526 posts

nvr4evr1 • 23 June 2011 at 12:39 PM

@crescentfeather

Haha it would be better for Egg Cave! Too bad if they don't want others to succeed, that's just not fair to new users.

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 23 June 2011 at 12:45 PM

@nvr4evr1
I know. It's sad. Although not everyone is quitting because of this. Some have justified concerns, but if they are addressed, they will stay.

Female
1,526 posts

nvr4evr1 • 23 June 2011 at 12:47 PM

@crescentfeather

True, but we don't even know if it's coming out and people are already getting so dramatic about it.

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 23 June 2011 at 12:49 PM

@nvr4evr1
I know. ☚ī¸ What's so bad about it, anyways?

Female
2,350 posts

takaedakumi • 23 June 2011 at 10:25 PM

@crescentfeather I don't see what's wrong with it either, I think it's a cool idea. 😃

Female
1,526 posts

nvr4evr1 • 24 June 2011 at 6:02 PM

@crescentfeather

People just don't want their eggs to be less "rare" 😋

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 24 June 2011 at 6:13 PM

@nvr4evr1 But... we reached all those decisions :'(

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 24 June 2011 at 6:13 PM

I would love to have a farm of tines, and onnies, and various other creatures. I think that you could be able to buy extra daycare or breeding passes for CC 😊

Female
1,526 posts

nvr4evr1 • 24 June 2011 at 6:54 PM

@balletninja

We already suggested that. 😉

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 24 June 2011 at 6:55 PM

@nvr4evr1 Oh must have been the one I couldn't understand xD

Deleted • 25 June 2011 at 12:08 AM

@nvr4evr1

Second chance was supposed to go under undecided XD

Sorry, I need to get over the little detail XD I have OCD and it's like "O-O""""

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 25 June 2011 at 6:50 AM

I don't think breeding is a great idea, and the way you guys are suggesting it, it's just not going to work. If you only allow the creatures from the original release to breed the species will go extinct anyway.

Also if you're going to breed like dragoncave does, you'll need two creatures, there are few people who have two of the rare CC creatures so there will be little breeding happening. While allowing two users to breed their creatures together gives rise to the problem of who gets the egg aka lots of extra conflicts. And giving it to the user with the female egg wouldn't be fair either, since people payed the same for both male & female CC creatures. If you decide to go for the option of giving both users an egg you'd be out of breeds straight away.

Something else I don't like about this is that the eggs will end up with the users who already have these creatures, so they'd have an even larger advantage, since they get even more of their rares to trade with (maybe they won't trade at all).

22 posts

dio-chan • 25 June 2011 at 6:52 AM

sorry for the double post, but it didn't fit into one :S

In that case I'd actually prefer the rerelease of LE creatures, they'd be available for a short amount of time each year around their original release and you could choose to pay either like 2000CC or 10mil EC (both should be possible) and there would be a small shield on the creature's picture with an R (as in Rerelease) or a shiny 1st edition shield on the profile of the original (profile - not picture) or both. That way the originals retain their value. Also the fact that they're so expensive would mean that people wouldn't suddenly be able to get all the rares, you'd really have to save up. Another thing I prefer about this is that the ability to get the eggs is the same for everyone, even if you don't have any rares to breed with.

Female
2,595 posts

maineen • 25 June 2011 at 7:14 AM

I kinda like this idea

@Ian oh @Ian what do you think???

Female
1,526 posts

nvr4evr1 • 25 June 2011 at 11:09 AM

@dio-chan

I like your idea to pay for them but the prices are a little high. Not many new people have that much EC and I think it should only cost double the original cost of CC for that egg. Otherwise the idea can be good, I would enjoy it.

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 25 June 2011 at 11:20 AM

@nvr4evr1

I was a bit conflicted on the prices myself, but I guess they could be lower since the rerelease creatures wouldn't be the same as the originals. I guess 1000 CC is fine, but I do think the EC price should be at least 3mil though, it's not THAT hard to earn it if you really want to and we are talking about creatures people payed real cash for. I should know, I was around for the Calla donations and donated quite a few millions myself, if you want you can earn a million a day.

Female
406 posts

ninja • 25 June 2011 at 11:26 AM

Do you mean between species, or just between two of the same (one male, one female)?

Might mess up the economy as well, as more and more onnies would be produced and they therefore become less rare...

Female
1,526 posts

nvr4evr1 • 25 June 2011 at 11:35 AM

@dionaea

It's just that not many people can get on enough to earn that much in a day and it would be an advantage to people with CC. Maybe if the Rerelease eggs were like the old ones in design but had different colors, extra things (such as wings, etc.), and different names. Then it would be as though you'd have an Onny derivative or something like one. If that makes sense.

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 25 June 2011 at 11:39 AM

@nvr4evr1

I'm not sure about that, people want the creatures the way they are now, so I think the small shield in the picture would be better. Though I also really like the shiny 1st edition shield/banner/certificate/something-as-long-as-its-shiny to spiff up the profiles of original LE creatures *looks forward to lots of shiny stuff for her pet profiles 😸*

EDIT: maybe like the essence of listdnats thing but shinier 😸

Female
1,526 posts

nvr4evr1 • 25 June 2011 at 11:41 AM

@dionaea

True but I wouldn't mind. Some old users though would be mad that their rare creatures will be around again no matter what. I just say that if there is a rerelease, it should all be CC since that's what they were before. 😊 Unless you can buy them in the Creature Market if that comes out. 😊

EDIT: I like the shiny option though(;

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 25 June 2011 at 11:48 AM

I see your point, maybe the regular LE creatures should be available for both though (same price as CC, but also available for EC since they were free before). And about the old users: I don't think they would mind as much if you gave that 1st ed trophy thing, we've had a discussion about this going on when Ian rereleased the Balrogi for CC and a lot of people would have been fine with it if they got some kind of token that their Balrogi was original (I was one of those people...)

Female
1,526 posts

nvr4evr1 • 25 June 2011 at 11:53 AM

@dionaea

Exactly. 😊 If old CC creatures could be rereleased as CC creatures again that would be fine. Also for the free old LE creatures they could be rereleased as CC and EC eggs. That would work out. If everyone would be okay with the trophy that would be great!

Also, instead of these creatures being rereleased during the time they were originally released, maybe they're could be a whole week of rerelease. Just an option. 😊

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 25 June 2011 at 2:35 PM

@nvr4evr1

I actually thought about it again and it turns out we already have the perfect solution right here in Ark City: the Science and Research Center 😋 I bet they can reconstruct more then just Callas 😃

http://www.eggcave.com/forums/topic/1812