Pokemon Farm Roleplay

in Roleplaying

Female
2,556 posts

silver_winged • 21 February 2012 at 9:48 PM

(This may be a flop, but it's an idea I've been wanting to try for a while. Linebreaker if you're interested?)

Nestled in the quiescent hills near Celadon City, Kanto is the Saxon Pokemon Ranch. While the scenery is leisurely, characterized by knee-high grass and blue-sky weather, the ranch itself is anything but sleepy. Ranch hands rise before dawn to milk Miltank, feed Doduo, brush Ponyta. Others are out all day herding Mareep or minding the various Pokemon; still others are in all day, cleaning and cooking and managing the budget. There's hardly an idle moment, especially with the arrival of this year's students.

Each year, the Saxon Ranch hosts young trainers in a program sponsored by the Celadon Trainer School. Individuals who have either trouble with Pokemon or behavioral issues are sent there (with parental consent, of course) for a healthy dose of farm work. Trainers who have trouble with Pokemon--fear, poor technique, or simply a stubborn Starter--are worked with individually and in groups to overcome these challenges. Individuals with behavioral issues are put to supervised work at one of the ranch's numerous jobs.

It's ten AM on a delightfully sunny Tuesday, and the bus containing this year's group of trainers has just settled at the ranch gate. Seems like things are going to stay as busy as ever . . .

#Pokemon

Female
5,185 posts

sakura2596 • 21 February 2012 at 9:52 PM

@silver_winged im so excited to see another one of your RPs! 😃

Female
2,556 posts

silver_winged • 21 February 2012 at 9:59 PM

Rules:
-All posts must be in third person, past tense.
-No one-line replies.
-Please use proper grammar and spelling at all times. (It makes things so much easier to read.)
-Do not control any character(s) other than your own.
-Please be courteous to all the other roleplayers. c:
-I'd prefer there be no two of the same job.
-Please keep characters reasonable! I know this is the Pokemon world and there are lots of crazy blue-haired people running around, but no powers or demonic appearances.
-The Pokemon owned by ranch hands should ideally have something to do with their job.

Forms:

Ranch hand:
Name:
Hair:
Eyes:
Clothes:
Other (appearance):
Other (general):
Full-time or part-time? (Is this their permanent job?):
Pokemon (up to three):
Main job:

Student: (fill out ONE of the last two categories)
Name:
Hair:
Eyes:
Clothes:
Other (appearance):
Other (general):
Pokemon (up to one):
Problem with Pokemon:
Behavioral problem:

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 21 February 2012 at 10:02 PM

@silver_winged
-The behavioral students can have a Pokemon too, right? 😊

Female
2,556 posts

silver_winged • 21 February 2012 at 10:09 PM

@taffy789
Yep, they're allowed the one Pokemon to take with them. ^^ You can understand why they're limited to one.

My guy:

Name: Jack "Jacky" Saxon
Hair: Blonde-brown, wavy, cut above the ears
Eyes: Blue-green
Clothes: Denim jeans, brown leather boots, long-sleeved red plaid shirt rolled up to the elbows, brown Saxon Ranch employee vest, traditional cowboy hat
Other (appearance): n/a
Other (general): Son to William "Bill" Saxon, the owner of the ranch. Oversees the program that acquaints fearful students with Pokemon.
Full-time or part-time?: Full-time
Pokemon (up to three): Growlithe (Scout), Ponyta (Bullseye)
Main job: Mareep herder

Female
5,185 posts

sakura2596 • 21 February 2012 at 10:15 PM

Name: Silverstarr
Hair: blond
Eyes: crystal blue
Clothes: a pink-like hoodie and black shirt. pink scort
Other (appearance): http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/chadni98/anime girls/normal_etc65fl.jpg
Other (general): none
Full-time or part-time? (Is this their permanent job?): yes.
Pokemon (up to three): Vulpix,Jolteon,Archeops
Main job: feeding and making sure the Pokemon are heathy.

Name: Shiruko
Hair: black
Eyes: blue
Clothes: black hoddie with a black shirt and jeans
Other (appearance):http://lekia.webs.com/anime_guy-1.jpg
Other (general): none
Pokemon (up to one): Zorua named Meema
Problem with Pokemon: does not listen to comands
Behavioral problem: Shiruko has a habit of being selfish and uncaring. With a lack of responsibility

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 21 February 2012 at 10:19 PM

@silver_winged

Student:
Name: Nicolas (Nick) Hemmingly
Hair: It's longish, and messy, goes just a BIT past his ears. It's really blondish-brown but he dyes it jet black. X3
Eyes: Blue. (He doesn't wear colored contacts. XD)
Clothes: Ragged dark blue jeans with tons of tears, old, never ironed, black T-shirt. (Hate doing clothing. XD )

Other (appearance): Tall, you could say handsome. People comment his hair color doesn't match his eyes color. Always scowling.
Other (general): His family is stinking RICH.

Pokemon (up to one): Strike the Pichu. 😊 (Male.)But it's one of those ones with the notch in his ear. ^^

Problem with Pokemon: N/A. BUT, Strike has developed some bad habits like Nicolas has. ^^ It can gamble with other Pokemon, steal food, and loves to get into fights. Needless to say, Nick and Strike get along perfectly. ^^

Behavioral problem: Stealing, gambling, and overall negativity.

Female
2,556 posts

silver_winged • 21 February 2012 at 10:20 PM

@sakura2596
Would it be all right if you used spaces after your commas? Reading lists without proper spacing kind of gives me a headache.

For clarity: the "problem with Pokemon" and "behavioral problem" sections are there to illustrate why the character is being sent to the ranch. The "problem with Pokemon" section is to say exactly what problem they have with Pokemon; for Shiruko, you would say, "His Zorua does not listen to commands." A behavioral problem is the other reason for a student to be at the ranch. That would be something like exceptionally bad language, prone to violence, etc.

EDIT:
@taffy789 Accepted! Thanks for joining. Sorry for all the little changes in the first few posts, I'm still fine-tuning this. X3

Female
5,185 posts

sakura2596 • 21 February 2012 at 10:23 PM

@silver_winged k, ill edit 😊

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 21 February 2012 at 10:25 PM

@silver_winged
-Hopefully I can keep up better with this one. X3

@smilies (Is randomly pinging you. RANDOMLY. Yes, that's it. Of course. X3 )

Female
2,556 posts

silver_winged • 21 February 2012 at 10:27 PM

@sakura2596 Thanks!

@taffy789 Let's hope so! X3

Do you know anybody else to ping? I'm still kind of a nobody in the roleplaying community here. ^^; (Maybe it's because I keep making Pokemon roleplays . . . )

Female
531 posts

starheartowo • 21 February 2012 at 10:44 PM

Ranch hand:
Name:Flare
Appearance:http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/Dreamer_Mitsukai/SCAN0002.jpg
Other:He cares deeply for the young girl Sarah,who had run into him around 3 years ago.When he saw that she had no family of her own,he adopted her as her little sister.When he found that her two favorite pokemon were Bulbasaur and Vulpix,Flare got them for her in hopes that she would smile for once.
Full-time or part-time?:Full-time
Pokemon:Bulbasaur(Dreamer),Vulpix(Gwenevere),Flygon
Main job: Training pokemon for competitions
😋 I still have one more character. It was just to long to fit in one post though...

Female
2,556 posts

silver_winged • 21 February 2012 at 10:47 PM

@starheartowo
Technically if his main job is training Pokemon for competitions, he wouldn't be a full-time employee. ^^; But I'm nitpicking. (Same note I gave to another roleplayer: may I ask that you put appropriate spaces after punctuation such as commas, periods and colons?)

Female
531 posts

starheartowo • 21 February 2012 at 10:50 PM

Okay, I'll do that from now on. .-. I didn't know that was a part-time job.
Student:
Name:Sarah "Dreamer" Mitsukai
Hair:long and black
Eyes:light purple
Clothes: Plain T-shirt and jeans. She also wears a necklace with a small, blue star on it.
Other:When she was 6, her parents abandoned her due to some unknown reason. As she wandered around, she had met Pikau and Flare. Pokemon seem to enjoy being around her and will always help her out if she were to ask. She gained the nickname dreamer due to her tenancy to daydream when she should be working. Pleased with the name, she called Flare's Bulbasaur Dreamer too. She has the ability to talk to pokemon due to the fact that they're the only one's who'd be willing talk to her.
Pokemon:A small, yet powerful Pikachu she calls Pikau. He has red marks on his ears, tail, arms, and legs to make himself look more unique.
Behavioral problem:She is rather friendly and helpful, but when one of her allies are hurt(Which occurs often for some reason)her personality changes immensely and would sometimes even beat up the poor fellow who had hurt her friend. This eventually leads to her being feared by most and left alone the majority of the time. Unfortunately, This loneliness causes her to be rather cold, negative, and quiet to everyone.
@-@ Sorry about how long it is. I tend to go overboard with things like this.😋

Female
2,556 posts

silver_winged • 21 February 2012 at 10:53 PM

@starheartowo So . . . why exactly is she at the ranch?

Female
531 posts

starheartowo • 21 February 2012 at 10:55 PM

To make friends, be less negative, learn to talk, control her anger, and get people to stop fearing her I guess.

Female
2,556 posts

silver_winged • 21 February 2012 at 11:02 PM

@starheartowo
In that case, you don't have to fill out the Problem with Pokemon section.

9,386 posts

smilies • 21 February 2012 at 11:03 PM

Student:
Name: Allie Brooks
Hair: Auburn and wavy, a few inches below her shoulders, with a side fringe and pink streaks.
Eyes: Brown.
Clothes: Pink T-shirt with black "OK GO!" emblazoned across it, white short-shorts, navy blue chucks, and huge hoop earrings.
Other (appearance): Wears heavy mascara.
Other (general): Offen stares into the distance. Has a very quiet voice and hates loud noises.
Pokemon (up to one): Cleffa
Problem with Pokemon: Cleffa isn't told what to do so she does whatever she likes, which involves stuffing her face and she's become very fat and useless in battle or contests.
Behavioral problem: Allie is too nice and cannot take control of her Pokemon. She lets her do whatever she wants.

X3

Female
531 posts

starheartowo • 21 February 2012 at 11:05 PM

Really? I'll go and fix that part then so that it'll be part of the other section then. :/

Female
2,556 posts

silver_winged • 21 February 2012 at 11:09 PM

@smilies Hello there! Thank you for joining! You really only have to fill out either Problem with Pokemon OR Behavioral Problem, but . . . whatever. X3 You got the idea.

@starheartowo Thanks for fixing it.

Is that enough people to start, you think?

9,386 posts

smilies • 21 February 2012 at 11:21 PM

@silver_winged I know, but I didn't know how else to explain it X3 They're the same problem X3

Female
2,556 posts

silver_winged • 21 February 2012 at 11:42 PM

@smilies Fair enough. X3 Since there have been no objections, I'm just going to go ahead and start us off.
-

The bus' tires rumbled as they left the smoothly-paved highway for the ragged dirt road, rocking the bus from side to side as the road twisted and dipped. This tumultuous ride was not a long one; within a few minutes, the vehicle settled to a stop with a heave and a sigh. Hissing, the front and back mechanical doors slid open, shedding great beams of light onto the dusky aisle. The students had finally arrived.

Upon disembarking the bus, the first thing visible would be the wooden gate arching far over the heads of the young students. "SAXON RANCH," it read in bold yet slightly faded white lettering. One got the impression that this gate had been up since the ranch's humble beginnings. Visible past the gate were a collection of buildings. One looked like a house, with a small Buneary hutch attached to its side; further down the dirt road, one could see stables and pens.

-c

87 posts

spiral • 21 February 2012 at 11:43 PM

In the distance, there was a clattering noise that rapidly grew louder. A small cloud of dust appeared down the road; in a moment, a Ponyta came into sight, carrying on its back a young man. The equine Pokemon slowed as it approached the bus, stopped, and allowed its rider to disembark. The young man regarded the group of fresh faces with a charming smile. He was tall, but not awkwardly so, with well-proportioned limbs and a healthy physique. His eyes, a dappled blue green, glinted good-naturedly as he introduced himself. "Mornin'," he said, removing his hat to offer them a respectful nod. "My name's Jack Saxon--I help my father keep the place together. Now, the first thing I need y'all to do is separate into two groups: poor trainers to my left, and delinquents to my right." He grinned playfully.

@sakura2596 @taffy789 @starheartowo @smilies

9,386 posts

smilies • 21 February 2012 at 11:44 PM

EDIT ><

Allie wasn't quite sure what to make of it all. She'd never been out of the city before, and she was terrified of the emptiness. And this guy... He LOOKED nice enough, but what did he mean, poor trainers to the... Whichever way it was, she'd forgotten, and "delinquents" to the other? There were delinquints here?! She looked around anxiously, hoping no one was going to attack her. The person in the seat behind her could be one!
But he'd told them to go left or right...
Allie wasn't sure whether she was a "poor trainer"... Was she a "delinquint"?!
All she knew was that she didn't want to get out of the bus.

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 21 February 2012 at 11:54 PM

Nick stared up from his hands, in which he were pulling Strike's ears tightly with.
Strike was letting off small sparks in protest, but could't really do anything, since Nick had such a tight grip on his body.
Once Nicolas was momentarily distracted, however.
"Ow!" Nick shook his hand that Strike had nipped, and dropped the small notch-eared Pichu, then watched him scampered off somewhere.
He imediantly put the finger that now had small rodent teeth marks in his mouth to prevent bleeding, then pulled it our just as fast, because it seemed kind of uncool.
Sighing, he stared miserably at the ranch in front of him.
Hard work, heavy child labor, and a bunch of people trying to "Change" him awaited him. What fun.
Needless to say, Nicolas scooted over to the left, trying to fit in with the, "Poor Trainers" crowd.
Hey, his Pichu was a problemed gambler, a dirty thief, got into fights with Pokemon ten times his size, and probley swore in Pokelanguage all the time.
And Nick couldn't had been any more proud than anyone to anything.

Female
2,556 posts

silver_winged • 22 February 2012 at 12:05 AM

@taffy789
From his breast pocket, Jack withdrew a slip of paper and a pencil, and began checking off names. Each camper, as he liked to refer to them, was registered with a certain group and with their Pokemon. As the kids scurried to and fro, he checked off the ones he could identify, looking for which Pokemon they were holding. "You," he declared, pointing his pencil at the dark-haired, light-eyed boy. "Notch-ear. You're here for behavioral correction, over on this side." He flicked the pencil to the side, gesturing for the boy to move over to his rightful place.

@smilies
It was then that his eyes caught the entryway to the bus. One girl had remained glued to her seat, with an expression like a skittish Deerling and eyes as big as half-dollar coins. He stared for just a moment, one eyebrow raised in puzzlement, and then a relaxed smile spread over his face. "It's a joke," he assured her, beckoning her out of the bus with a hand gesture. "Kids come here either 'cause they have problems handling Pokemon or 'cause they've got some habits to sort out; I'm just exaggerating a little bit." His words flowed with a pleasant cadence, suggesting a slight accent. "Everything's fine, you can come on out."

Female
5,185 posts

sakura2596 • 22 February 2012 at 12:11 AM

@silver_winged im a slow typer so I wont make REALLY long posts.

Shiruko stepped off the bus, as everyone stood in a small group, listening to one of the owners. He stood in the back of the group,not hearing most of what he was saying. He let out a sigh, hoping he would leave.

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 22 February 2012 at 12:13 AM

Nicolas looked up, an evil grin appearing on his face.
The "Look-at-me, I'm-riding-a-pony" guy had just spoken to him.
Time for his time to shine.
"Oh no, this side is for the "Poor Trainers", right? My shoes are pretty worn out... Do you have a Cobbler around here, or do you Country Hicks just walk around barefoot?"
That managed to get a few laughs from the other delinquents, who were so busy laughing, they didn't notice Strike frisking their bags for food.

(Not to offend. I consider myself a "Country Girl" sometimes. X3 )

9,386 posts

smilies • 22 February 2012 at 12:13 AM

Allie shot him a look, somewhere between admiration and fear, then retreated further into the bus, and started mentally saying good bye to everything she loved, in a very illogical order, starting with chocolate, anonymity and proper English, and ending with things like her friends, family and not having to make her own bed. Then she wondered if she could hide under a seat and they wouldn't notice her. People rarely did. But decided not to for her pride, small as it was.

Female
2,556 posts

silver_winged • 22 February 2012 at 12:18 AM

@sakura2596 The more you roleplay, the faster your typing will become. I guarantee it. X3

A sigh from the back of the group immediately caught Jack's attention. He arched his neck to get a better look at the kid--dark hair, dark clothes, with a Zorua hanging close by. "Zorua," he murmured, scanning the list. Sure enough, under the Pokemon section, a Shiruko was registered. "Zorua," he said again, this addressing the kid by it. "You're in the group to my left--that's your right."