Breeding Center

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 25 June 2011 at 3:12 PM

At first I was against this idea. But I've thought of something. What if, you could have 1 male and 1 female of the same species enter the breeding center. It would cost 100k EC, and 3 days later, a small, (let's just say Onny), would appear in an offspring box below you creature, you can name them, and nboth male and female get it. You cannot trade them, however. Just a small offspring box underneath it, just for fun. 😊

Maybe a creaure can only breed 10 times? 😱

Any opinions?

@Ian
@Thepells4
@Isis
@Dove
@Miomar
@Peppermintcowboy

Deleted • 25 June 2011 at 3:15 PM

@crooton1

No. That'll make the onny to shrew ratio to 100:1

It'd take the rare out of rare.

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 25 June 2011 at 3:16 PM

@_icarlyrpcks_55

You can't trade them. It's only a little picture under your creature. 😊

Deleted • 25 June 2011 at 3:17 PM

@crooton1

still... well, I guess its my own stubborn opinion 😋 So qesque can have like multiple onnies xD

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 25 June 2011 at 3:18 PM

@_Icarlyrocks_55

Think of it as... a Petpetpet. 😋

Deleted • 25 June 2011 at 3:18 PM

@crooton1

LOL, yes, a petpetpet 😋

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 25 June 2011 at 3:19 PM

@_Icarlyrocks_55

But you can't sell them or anything! xD

Deleted • 25 June 2011 at 3:19 PM

@crooton1

Well... I'd just stick with no breeding

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 25 June 2011 at 3:19 PM

@_Icarlyrocks_55

If there is going to be breeding, it should be this, or that'd be dumb. Dx

Deleted • 25 June 2011 at 3:51 PM

@crooton1

Would it look exactly like an Onny, just smaller, or kinda.. chibi-fied?

If chibi-fied;

TORIWANTNAO

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 25 June 2011 at 3:56 PM

@crooton1

The main reason people want breeding is to make these creatures more available, making them untradable makes breeding obsolete. It doesn't counter species going slowly 'extinct' either. So I don't really see a point to doing this...

Deleted • 25 June 2011 at 3:58 PM

@dionaea

I want this because it would be cute x3

My pet can have an adorable pet

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 25 June 2011 at 4:09 PM

@victoria_egg_storage

I'm not really against it 😊
This is just not a solution to the scarcity of some creatures at the moment, that doesn't mean it couldn't be the very first Eggcave 'game' 😊
I just think there should be some way of getting the currently unobtainable rares, actually this might be nice to satisfy the breeders among us and in combination with my reconstruction idea everybody will be happy.

Deleted • 25 June 2011 at 4:12 PM

@dionaea

I didn't think this as a real population saver, just something frivolous and fun for eggcaverns.

I still like my other breeding ideas, but this one makes me wanna gush and get as many as I can XD

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 25 June 2011 at 4:20 PM

@victoria_egg_storage

Actually the longer I think about it the more fun this sounds, since there are no real creatures involved it's much less of a source for conflict and unfairness.

I think it would be nice if you can also breed together with creatures of other users and the picture of the 'baby' would show the name of the other parent and it's owner at the time 😃 Also it would be nice if you could somehow hatch and evolve these little pictures as well (though I don't like the idea of them having actual happiness and being able to die, just the growing up). 😊

@crooton1

If you're able to name them I think you should be able to give them any name you want, whether another creature has it or not, since it's not a 'real' creature. 😊

Deleted • 25 June 2011 at 4:22 PM

@dionaea

-Yeah x3

But, chibi-fied. So even if they were "adults" they were still adorable

Female
1,526 posts

nvr4evr1 • 25 June 2011 at 5:21 PM

I don't really like this idea... better suggestions were posted on my Breeding thread so this is a repost.

Male
16 posts

rusty8684 • 25 June 2011 at 8:28 PM

to @dioaea if u think about your first post long and hard it pretty much makes this whole game obselete

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 25 June 2011 at 8:30 PM

@crooton1

Yay no more quitting! *randomhug* I no like quits. ☚ī¸

Breeding threads=awesome ideas! Of course, the most awesome ones are by me *bathes in glory* 😃

Female
216 posts

kdj • 26 June 2011 at 5:39 PM

I think thats a great idea!😃

Its just...it would be too simple, and rares, would not be rares anymore! Maybe there should be like...a ratio, or a percentage of how often the births would be successful.

Like i said...I love this idea, but consider this!

Female
488 posts

flashbunny • 5 July 2011 at 4:05 PM

Not liking it, sorry ^-^' the "petpetpet" or "petpet" idea has never ever been a good idea. Seriously. :]

But, everyone has their own opinion. ❤ī¸

Female
343 posts

dragonkeeper • 8 July 2011 at 8:13 PM

I think a breeding center would be an awsome idea if they had a acual offspring to help out others get the extremley rare creatures