We need a plan!

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 5 July 2011 at 2:10 PM

Search onny, then doovoo, then macbot. What do you see? Only 0-2 people have them in the trade center, and for what? Impossible offers. There is only one doovoo egg in existence. And the owner would never trade it away, we are running out of eggs here. It is because most people are holding on to their eggs because they are afraid they will never have a chance to get them again. Some people have stopped trading completely, what are we going to do?

Male
1,247 posts

Meteoroid • 5 July 2011 at 3:14 PM

Allow them to run their course until extinction. I'd say it's their reward for managing to hold on to them for so long. I do not think it is remotely feasible to re-release them, at least for now. Some people have offered and lost a lot just to get their hands on some of those creatures you mentioned. I would be shattered if I had one of them and found out that Ian was going to distribute them again.

After all, it is bound to happen to any LE creatures eventually. Those eggs just happen to be the first batch.

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 5 July 2011 at 3:17 PM

@meteoroid I offered a ton also, but this is becoming impossible for newbies to get rares. Some might stick around but once most figure out is in almost impossible to get their dream pets they leave.

Male
1,247 posts

Meteoroid • 5 July 2011 at 3:28 PM

That is not necessarily true, though. A lot of LE creatures have been released throughout the year and they steadily increase in value over time. If a newbie learns to hold on to those creatures, their cove will eventually become more valuable and they can learn to trade for better creatures.

Besides, much older users find it just as hard to obtain an Onny, Macbot or Doovoo. So while newbies may be flustered, they should not feel left out.

I just believe these creatures need to run their course. Just gotta move on to the next biggest thing.

Female
2,171 posts

rosey77 • 5 July 2011 at 3:32 PM

Actually two doovoos. See milocat12 and laura

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 5 July 2011 at 3:33 PM

@rosey77 We are talking about doovoo eggs and that user is inactive.

Female
2,171 posts

rosey77 • 5 July 2011 at 3:34 PM

Oh. 😋

Female
488 posts

flashbunny • 5 July 2011 at 3:35 PM

rosey77, there are more doovoos than that but not much EGGS :]

@balletninja i am going to have to agree with meteoroid, LE creatures should NOT be re-released. they would lose their value, and as said before, new LEs will come and the newer players can hold on to them and so on.. so i'm with meteoroid here, fully :]

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 5 July 2011 at 3:36 PM

@meteoroid Okay, so you are saying that if there is a species that is extinct with no hope of coming back, we should just let that fly and deal with it?

Female
488 posts

flashbunny • 5 July 2011 at 3:36 PM

So yeah, sorry balletninja hun but it's kinda true, as horrifying as it is, i can't get an Onny or a Doovoo either but i'll move on ^-^

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 5 July 2011 at 3:37 PM

Who is that owner with the doovoo egg?

Female
488 posts

flashbunny • 5 July 2011 at 3:37 PM

i believe it's Zac :]

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 5 July 2011 at 3:38 PM

@flashbunny Again, even if the value increases most people have stopped trading certain pets COMPLETELY. I like things being rare, but if there is nobody wanting to trade for those rare pets because they want to keep their own rarities, what should we do?

Female
443 posts

scorch_cloud222 • 5 July 2011 at 3:39 PM

I had to wait until people quit, in order to get anything that I wanted. It just took some luck.

Female
488 posts

flashbunny • 5 July 2011 at 3:39 PM

@balletninja even i have stopped trading :'D i don't like trading, unless i need to downsize and all - and yes. i too am keeping on to my LEs..

@scorch_cloud222 agreed, it takes patience, luck and just generosity to get some nice creatures, i have adopted so many lovely creatures from quitting users, like my Mummar and Tines and so on.

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 5 July 2011 at 3:43 PM

And quitting is a terrible way to get eggs.

Okay so this websites new motto should be "Stick around, but you will never have much fun on this site because the dream eggs you want will never be obtainable!" Okay fair enough good motto.

I guess it is my choice if I want to stay with things being like this, but other people will drop like dead flies if they realize this. Then eggcave will crash with no business, fun reality right?

Female
488 posts

flashbunny • 5 July 2011 at 3:45 PM

@balletninja not at all, as said before - new LEs will come, and new users will join, who WILL trade :] it all depends on the people here and the creatures being released. And since i feel you're a bit upset, here's a cookie and a big hug from flashy ^-^

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 5 July 2011 at 3:46 PM

@flashbunny But the new users wont have the rare pets -_- There are more people joining than quitting, so that isn't a very effective idea.

Female
443 posts

scorch_cloud222 • 5 July 2011 at 3:47 PM

Oddly, I joined the day after Tines were available, and yet it took me forever to get one. I was a very stupid newbie. xD

Female
488 posts

flashbunny • 5 July 2011 at 3:48 PM

@balletninja it's not like NOONE on here trades. Look at gagamonster15 for example, he trades creatures pretty freely because he has a goal, and is not afraid to trade them. And he's not the only one, so the new userswill be able to get the old LEs, as well as you . . .

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 5 July 2011 at 3:48 PM

@scorch_cloud222 I almost traded my chiye for a pundunbu. I am glad I didn't make that mistake.

Female
443 posts

scorch_cloud222 • 5 July 2011 at 3:50 PM

Unfortunately, a lot of retired LE's have sentimental value to their owners. I would never consider trading Braydon (my Foo) or Philiaeros (my second stage Tine) because of their sentimental value.

Female
488 posts

flashbunny • 5 July 2011 at 3:50 PM

@balletninja i joined around the Balrogs event, i mean.. i could have had an original Balrog right now!.. but i quit, cause things seemed oh so very messy to me o_o'

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 5 July 2011 at 3:51 PM

@flashbunny + Gagamonster15 doesn't trade that freely... And he is still completing his goal.

Female
488 posts

flashbunny • 5 July 2011 at 3:52 PM

@balletninja i think he does. and he usually has pretty fair trades. ofcourse he is, that's why hes still trading 😃

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 5 July 2011 at 3:54 PM

I offered 6 Cc pets+ a freeze on a macbot and still no one wanted it, and they were pretty rare CCs, It is impossible these days because the users that DO have their macbots UFT are inactive.

Female
488 posts

flashbunny • 5 July 2011 at 3:58 PM

@balletninja , agreed. Yeah, see people aren't trading things fairly. BUT then again, it also depends on how many of the creatures are available, i mean there's a whole lot less Macbots and Onnies than Tines right? So i don't think re-releasing the LEs would do much good, just cause some users have quit and not traded their creatures out, which caused the minority of LEs in the first place .

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 5 July 2011 at 3:59 PM

@flashbunny Tines are up there. And I never said make it easy to release, if you look at the thread: Breeding You will see some amazing ideas.

Female
488 posts

flashbunny • 5 July 2011 at 4:01 PM

@balletninja oh god, people are wanting to bring breeding to EC too? ...

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 5 July 2011 at 4:01 PM

@flashbunny I think it would be okay 😊