A solution to the problem with creatures of people who quit

in Site Feedback & Ideas

1,764 posts

james-bond • 2 June 2012 at 3:23 AM

@ian Then in the future what will be the point of having a serch icon for users? They will be so clogged with old users that you can't find anyone. A) each page is numbered, not alphabetical. B) There are just so many. So I am assuming you will just create a search icon like the archives one where you just type the username? And make the pages alphabetical? Or make it so that accounts not accessed for 3 years will not be shown?

@cqpkytty
This was exactly waht you said "1) I WOULD trade an Onny for an Arnmnae" Look for yourself. Then you say "I never said I would trade an Arnmnae for an Onny." What the? Okay, so you wouldn't, but a very large majority would. 😊

2) I put the example there, but I'll put it here again. This is what you said "And I was just quoting what you had said earlier, I wasn't assuming you meant something you didn't." <--- About this point, are you just joking by not accepting that this point I made has been won?

Female
7,368 posts

cqpkytty • 2 June 2012 at 10:13 AM

@james-bond
I know what I said. What I said: I would trade an ONNY for an ARNMNAE. What I did not say: I would trade an ARNMNAE for an ONNY. They are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. The first is where I have an Onny, and at the end of the trading I have an Arnmnae. That is what I would like to do, because I like Arnmnaes but don't really care *that* much about Onnies. The second is where I start out with an Arnmnae, but at the end of the trading have an Onny. That is what I would NOT like to do.
Is that clear enough?

And no, that isn't a joke. And what do you mean, the point you made was won? The point you are referring to is that I made an assumption. I wrote that so that you could be clear that it was not an assumption, it was something you had said yourself. At what point did you start thinking that you had "won" on that part and that, by quoting you, I made an assumption?

And about what you said to Ian - the pages ARE alphabetical. Sure, there isn't an "a" page and a "z" page, but if you go to page 1 of your search the usernames will start with letters that are earlier on in the alphabet, and the last page will have letters later on.
😋

5,632 posts

linpug • 2 June 2012 at 11:36 AM

@james-bond I made a topic somewhat based on this idea, if someone deletes their account then they go to the adoption center. 😊

Male
1,992 posts

Ian • 2 June 2012 at 1:44 PM

@james-bond I don't really see the search feature becoming clogged. People are searching for active users and creatures. Places like the Trade Center won't become clogged either, because trades older than 30 days are automatically closed.

Topic closed.