Mysteries of the Deep - Literate RP

in Roleplaying

Female
117 posts

menagerie • 3 October 2012 at 11:37 PM

This is my first RP, so I'm sorry if it's not very good ^^ Please let me know if there are any improvements I can make!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Fishermen tell tales of mysterious creatures that live beneath the waves. These creatures are known to be monstrous beasts that rip fishing vessels apart during storms, as well as alluring and beautiful mer-people who draw sailors off their boats to feast on. Other strange and intelligent creatures with mysterious powers are thought to dwell beneath the waves too, but little is known of them.

For hundreds of years, the fishermen fished in the ocean, bringing in bountiful hauls; but recently the waters have been empty, with no fish to be found.
It is the result of a war being waged between the mer-people and the king of the other ocean beasts.
The people are becoming hungry with no fish to eat or sell for food. They are also being dragged into the war - with the creatures of the ocean blaming them for over fishing and killing of their people.

The oceans are no longer safe.

How will the war unfold?

Please post so I can post the form and rules! ❤️

EDIT: Now with a hashtag: #Mysteriousdeep

Female
2,353 posts

cynder5 • 3 October 2012 at 11:38 PM

can I join this looks fun
Name: Tusami

Age (children are okay, but adults (above 16) are preferred, so that you can take more of a role in the war. Also, the creatures in the ocean are quite old - mostly above 100 years): 18

Gender (you can choose to be genderless if you are a sea-creature): Female

What are you (fisherman, mer-person, beast, other - I'll need to approve this):Mer-person

What do you look like: Long blonde with orange fin and cauasion skin and has a small orange half shirt-like thing on her chest

Personality: Nice, Peace loving

Powers (sea-dwellers only) or Skills and Weapon (fishermen): ability to boil water at rather incredible tempratures

Other: Hates the war going on

Female
1,460 posts

rainbowkitty • 3 October 2012 at 11:45 PM

@menagerine Hi! Sure, I'll join 😸 (the face again)

Female
117 posts

menagerie • 3 October 2012 at 11:49 PM

@cynder5 Of course 😃
@rainbowkitty, Heehee, thank you ❤️

I'll post the form now:

Name:

Age (children are okay, but adults (above 16) are preferred, so that you can take more of a role in the war. Also, the creatures in the ocean are quite old - mostly above 100 years):

Gender (you can choose to be genderless if you are a sea-creature)

What are you (fisherman, mer-person, beast, other - I'll need to approve this):

What do you look like:

Personality:

Powers (sea-dwellers only) or Skills and Weapon (fishermen):

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That should be it ^^ Let me know if you think anything else should be in the form.

Rules:

No god-modding
Please be literate!
All posts should be at least 3 sentences in length 😊

Thank you - I hope you enjoy~

Can someone post please? I'll post my form, and people can post theirs 😊

Female
2,353 posts

cynder5 • 3 October 2012 at 11:53 PM

I put my fourm in with my first post

Female
1,460 posts

rainbowkitty • 4 October 2012 at 12:00 AM

Name: Bubbles

Age: 28 (is that too young? I want someone young though)

What are you: Dolphin

What do you look like: Brightish blue with bright blue eyes. Slim and quick, quite young for a dolphin. Really cute 😸

Personality: Sweet, kind, nice to humans

Powers: Can speak to humans and understand them.

@menagerie is this ok?

Female
117 posts

menagerie • 4 October 2012 at 12:02 AM

@cynder5 Thank you very much! Would you be able to fix your spelling errors though? 😊

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Name: Vlasith

What are you: Octopus-man

What do you look like: Broad shoulders and a muscular torso, dark skin that has the same markings as his tentacles, and eyes that glow in the dark. From the waist down he has eight large octopus tentacles. He has long dark hair, some of which is hair, and some of which are small, fine tentacles like the ones he has instead of legs

Personality: Cold and calculating, he hates the humans for over-fishing the water, and thinks that they are an inferior, brutish species. He does not care much for the mer-people and thinks they are a little frivolous for spending much of their time singing. He likes to be in control, and spends much of his time plotting and seeking to undermine and overthrow other people

Powers (sea-dwellers only) or Skills and Weapon (fishermen): The power of illusion. When out the water, he can disguise himself to look human - when using his power, he looks human, and looks like he has no tentacles/markings on his skin

Female
2,353 posts

cynder5 • 4 October 2012 at 12:03 AM

@menagerie sure and I need to get off now

Female
117 posts

menagerie • 4 October 2012 at 12:06 AM

@cynder5 Okay 😊

@rainbowkitty, Looks great! 😊 You can make yourself younger if you like ^^ I just didn't want people to be saying that they're 10 year old humans or anything xD

We can start RPing once some more people join 😊

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Heehee, we need some humans!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Random pings:

@lightnigember
@eggs
@nousernamesleft

Female
1,219 posts

nousernamesleft • 4 October 2012 at 12:07 AM

@menagerie
Thanks for the ping but sorry I don't do RPing.

Female
117 posts

menagerie • 4 October 2012 at 12:11 AM

@nousernamesleft Okay, that's fine ^^ Thank you for posting 😊

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
More random pings:

@chowchow2012
@chapus2009
@hedwig68
@iceyfira

3,758 posts

iceyfira • 4 October 2012 at 7:11 AM

@menargerie
D: You didnt ping me first, I may be picky about my RPs, but I love things were I can have my character have powers. How many can we have, btw?

Name: Blood Water

What are you: Water beast/Human infiltrator

Looks: When human, has jet black hair with blood red streaks, wears a black shirt, and jeans. Aways wears sneakers and a leather jacket.
When water beast, he is literrally made out of water, and is the color of blood. Looks like Venom, but larger and made out of blood red water. (See Venom from Spiderman)

Personality: Mean, cruel, and cold. Doesnt care who he kills, if its sea creatures or human. Lies a lot.

Powers: Water beast, so has control over water. And blood. Can turn water into roch hard weapons, and into ice.

Other: Tends to trick people to find their weaknesses.

Deleted • 4 October 2012 at 10:11 AM

@menagerie can I join?

Name: Sky

What are you: Mermaid

Looks: Blonde hair down to her shoulders and sky blue eyes. She has a blue bikini top and her tail is sky blue. Her hair is thick and whenever you try to hold it it slips through your fingers. She has a blue headband made out of shells that she painted

Personality: Kind and sweet but she has a short temper. She is often trying to bring supplies and food to the mer-people who are fighting without getting hurt as she is to young to fight.

Powers: She can swim very fast and change the element of anything around her. (rock into water shells into ice and so on.)

Other:

Female
10,379 posts

jupiter_hollow • 4 October 2012 at 4:19 PM

@menagerie @iceyfira @izzfred Eyo guys 😋

Name: Eytan Ayax
What are you: Fisherman

What do you look like: Eytan is fairly tall, standing at a height of 6'1 with a firm and strong built, but lacking any muscles. Heavily tanned skin is a result of years spent outdoors in the open sky. Hair hangs to his ears, dark brown, almost black in color, framing sharp features and a pair of coffee colored eyes. In short, nothing that would catch one's eye. But, he compensates with tattoos. In total, his body is decorated with 13 pictures. Four tribal tattoos, a few japanese signs, one dedicational rose tattooed on his bicep with the name 'Tasha' on it. A vined christ plastered on the left side of his neck, the thorned vines wrapped around his throat. A snow white dove on the outside of his left elbow. A tiger's head on his left hand and a bleeding heart drawn on his chest, barb wire going through it. Usual clothing consists of a black T-shirt, dark blue jeans and boots.

Personality: Eytan is not the one to stick his nose in other people's business and likes it be the other way around too. He dislikes another's presence and would usually stray from any other being. His quiet and detached demeanor, however, does not mean he is shy. Quite the other way around, he is strong and inhumanly calm at all times.

Skills and Weapon: hired from local fish companies to deliver products and excells in his area. He's specialized in using harpoons and nets.

3,758 posts

iceyfira • 4 October 2012 at 4:35 PM

@jupiter_hollow Haiiii~

Imma make another one... LAURA ISH BACK!! 8D

Name: Laura Kinder
What are you: Siren. (Mermaid warrior) =w= b

Looks: Jet black hair, gold and electric blue streaks in it. Has sea green eyes with red and silver flecks. As a mermaid, she has a red tail with thin silver stencilings. As a human, she is very tall, muscular, and daunting looking. She wears very short jeans, a tight black shirt, and sneakers. Keeps knives hidden in sneakers.

Personality: As a siren, she doesnt care who she draws into the ocean with her singing. She is mean and uncaring.
As a human, she acts nice and kind. She tends to get annoyed quickly, but hides it. Loves death and blood.

Skills and weapons: Very good at fighting, and knows over 100 ways to kill a person bare handed, and many more with her weapons. She usually uses metal finger claws, infused with poisons. Has a knife collection, and has many human weapons. (Guns, explosives, ect.)

@menagerie

Female
10,379 posts

jupiter_hollow • 4 October 2012 at 4:38 PM

@iceyfira Actually, a siren is a woman (often a mermaid too, but in most mythologies, they're labeled as humans born from water) who has a wonderous voice and hypnotizes sailors, dragging them to the deadly depths where she devours them.

o.o Why do I have the feeling that Laura will do something to Eytan...

3,758 posts

iceyfira • 4 October 2012 at 5:09 PM

@jupiter_hollow

Well, this is an RP. Not ancient mythology class. >.> Im not changing her, shes to awesome to change.

Maybe, maybe not.... ~Evil laughter~

Female
10,379 posts

jupiter_hollow • 4 October 2012 at 5:10 PM

@iceyfira Just thought I'd state my facts, not trying to make you chage her. Dude, chill 😋

e_e RUUUUHN XD

3,758 posts

iceyfira • 4 October 2012 at 5:15 PM

@jupiter_hollow Sooooo sorry, my irl.friend ticked me off because I was doing math at lunch, and she was all:

Her: Why are you ignoring me?

Me: Im not, Im doing HW, dont wanna fail.

Her: ~Starts acting like a overbearing girlfriend~ You hate me, you dont care about my feelings.... ~Stupid girly crap~

Me: Go away. I need to finish this. I dont care about feelings, yours, anyone elses, or my own.

Her: ~Starts crying~ YOU DNT CARE ABOUT MEEEE!!!!!!!
~~~~
>.> Sorry if I act like a... y'know.

1,136 posts

taunter • 4 October 2012 at 5:17 PM

this sounds cool! HOW DO I JOIN?

Female
10,379 posts

jupiter_hollow • 4 October 2012 at 5:17 PM

@iceyfira Take this to the shoutbox? XD We be spamming this rolepay 'ere XD

Deleted • 4 October 2012 at 5:56 PM

@jupiter_hollow who are you again? Oh right. Hi!!

Female
10,379 posts

jupiter_hollow • 4 October 2012 at 6:00 PM

@izzfred ;-; I'm sort of in your friend list... We RP together? Nvm TT~TT

Deleted • 4 October 2012 at 6:01 PM

@jupiter_hollow I got you!!! *goes to eat a cupcake* It's my brothers birthday. He's 7

Female
10,213 posts

hay7199 • 4 October 2012 at 6:16 PM

Name: Samantha Flain

What are you : Mermaid [Sirena, Sirene, Sirena, Syrena] (Those are the origanal terms)

What do you look like: Bleach blonde hair, dull grey eyes(Some say her best feature, she disagree's) she has a dark pink tail with red stripes, she wears the normal mermaid stuff, a sea shell top... Thats it.. Human: She has bleach blonde hair, sea blue eyes, wears a white dress. She stays near the doc and usually quiet unless singing alone.

Personality: She enjoy's singing, she isnt the kind to talk and hates being acused of things. Her voice is soft, like the sound of the waves. She usually stays near a sandy bay and sits on rocks near the sea shore. So if anyone comes; she just jumps in the water and disapperes.

Powers (sea-dwellers only) or Skills and Weapon (fishermen): XXX

@menagerie

Female
117 posts

menagerie • 4 October 2012 at 7:21 PM

@iceyfira Sounds great, thank you for joining 😃 I'd say you can have a maximum of 3 characters ^^

@jupiter_hollow Thank you for joining! And thank you so much for being the only human character so far ^^

@izzfred Sounds good, thank you for joining!

@taunter Just fill in the character form if you want to join! ^^

@hay7199 Looks good, thank you for joining!

IMPORTANT:

Some stuff I forgot to mention before (sorry ^^)
1. There isn't actually any technology around, i.e. no mobile phones, fridges, TVs, etc. This also includes modern weapons (such as modern guns), but explosives do exist, so you could have a very old-fashioned gun (but only if you're a fisherman - after all, the gunpowder needed for these guns won't be any good if it's been underwater ^^)

2. If you are a mer-person/sea-creature and you can only change into a human if that is your special power - also, it's not really a common occurrence to be able to do so. Please try to restrict yourself to only one power ^^

Also:

We need more humans! xD

No more mermaids please ^^

If you're on, feel free to start posting an introductory paragraph, sorry, I can't post one now - I have to go ^^

But I'll post one later, and we can get started properly ^^

Female
10,379 posts

jupiter_hollow • 5 October 2012 at 4:39 AM

@menagerie I shall take the liberty of making humans. U_U

Name: Kazimir Yovovich Stalisnki
What are you: Human, but not fisherman 😋 He's spoiled XD

What do you look like: He's rather handsome, said to be a heartthrob, hence his superior looks and personality. A pale, often sunburned skin - he hasn't spent much time outside, mainly because of his aristrocratic status and therefore he cannot withstand high temperatures or rough weather. Platinum blonde hair, worn in a short cut and diamond gray eyes. His figure is lean and muscled, decidedly strong, but he's not one to put his muscles to work whatsoever. He's used to wearing suits and expensive clothes and is rarely seen without a tie.

Personality: Spoiled. No more, no less. He was chosen to accompany Eytan on his journey in sea, to supervise the fishing. His father is Eytan's employer, so therefore, Kazimir -would-be-heir to his father, was forced to go and get involved with the business. Kazimir is rather... arrogant to say the least. He isn't used to being out in open sea alone and is unable to swim whatsoever.

Skills and Weapon (fishermen): Can fire a gun. He's rather precticed with weapons, but isn't allowed anything but an Mateba Unica 6 revolver.

Deleted • 5 October 2012 at 10:01 AM

@menagerie i'll make a human.

Name: Emily Evans
What are you: Human,fisher (I won't fisherman because she's not a man)

What do you look like: Black hair down to her shoulders and dark brown eyes. 5'7 and she wears a pink summer dress and pink knee high boots that get a good grip on the deck boards so she can haul in nets.

Personality: Kind and sweet but when she gets angry..... She has always been facinated with mermaids and continues hoping that one day she will catch one.

Skills and Weapon(fisherman) : Very strong and she does have a small pistol that she is very skilled with.

Female
10,379 posts

jupiter_hollow • 5 October 2012 at 6:16 PM

@izzfred Do you want Emily to be in he same fisherman crew as Eytan? 😋

Deleted • 5 October 2012 at 6:20 PM

@jupiter_hollow sure 😋