Valentine's Creature Idea 2013 - The Velvetine! (NEW)

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Pangender
2,149 posts

sky • 8 January 2013 at 8:49 PM

This years Valentine's is coming very soon! I decided I'd take another shot at making a Valentine's creature, so I welcome you all to the Velvetine!

http://i47.tinypic.com/2w7rdxt.png

Description: Velvetine's are hypnotic creatures, bringing many wonders to Valentine's day in Ark city. They're very loving creatures, their horns allow them to avoid other Velvetine's from hypnotism, being immune. Their hypnotic spell casts a love spell on others, it takes effect only for a short amount of time.

I was going through many color schemes, but decided I'd stick with the current colors. Don't mind my sloppy coloring, I didn't bother with shading or adding any extreme details this time.

Fact: I was inspired by looking at an odd stain on my math class table.

#CreatureSuggestion #Sky #Velvetine

Mind checking out another of my recent suggections?
http://eggcave.com/forums/topic/35912

Deleted • 8 January 2013 at 8:51 PM

@sky Oh so cute!

Other
3,224 posts

pipkitten • 8 January 2013 at 8:51 PM

@Sky
adsfgdhgkhl! Why are your creature suggestions always so awesome?! xD

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 8 January 2013 at 8:54 PM

@sky Very cute! 😊 Although to me it seems like the first stage looks a little bit bigger and more grown up than the 2nd stage, when it seems like it should be the reverse. But again, that's just me. I think this would make a cute Valentine's day creature!

Female
5,641 posts

april__ • 8 January 2013 at 8:54 PM

@sky

Ooh! That is amazing! 😃

Pangender
2,149 posts

sky • 8 January 2013 at 8:55 PM

@Bluegirl80 - Thank you! 😊
@Pipkitten - I have a crazy imagination. o3o

Deleted • 8 January 2013 at 8:55 PM

@sky 😊 😃

Female
533 posts

shale • 8 January 2013 at 8:58 PM

@sky

It's so cute!! I hope it gets made! 😊

Pangender
2,149 posts

sky • 8 January 2013 at 8:59 PM

@Musicgurl333 - I never noticed that, I only had little room on my paper since I went from egg stage, first and third, so I tried squeezing in the second which is why it had come out smaller. But thank you! 😊

@April__ - Thank you! ^.^

@Shale - Thanks! 😃

Female
9,796 posts

chapus • 8 January 2013 at 9:04 PM

@sky This was created from a stain? xD Oh the wonders f imagination!

Lovely creature, very unique and nice indeed. 😸 It stays in the Valentine's theme and the colours are well applied for that time of the year. Although the tail is a bit confusing, mostly in the last stage, I can't really figure our what position it's in. o3o The second and first stage might meed to be inversed, since the first stage looks 'older' than the secpnd stage. o3o I like the choice of colours, but they do seem a bit pale to me. I also love how you did the last stage's eyes. xD Anyways, lovely work!

Pangender
2,149 posts

sky • 8 January 2013 at 9:14 PM

@Chapus2009 - My mind tends to look past patterns, stains and such, I see different images by looking deeply into it.

Thank you, though considering you're the second person to point out about the first and second stage, I'll switch them around. I started with more of a darker shade but they just were too dark for my liking, so I toned it down to have the colors compliment each other more. I was hoping the tail wouldn't be too confusing for others, it's basically a tail standing upward and curled, the white part is the back of the tail, hope that made it less confusing for you.

o3o

Female
9,796 posts

chapus • 8 January 2013 at 9:16 PM

@sky Okey dokey. 😸 Hope this gets made though! 😉

Pangender
2,149 posts

sky • 8 January 2013 at 9:22 PM

UPDATE: Switched the first and second stage, new link added to the description.

2,031 posts

rojoqueen • 9 January 2013 at 12:12 AM

@sky
This is too adorable!!!!Love it!!!

Female
89 posts

sacredscars • 9 January 2013 at 12:19 AM

@sky i love it!

Pangender
2,149 posts

sky • 9 January 2013 at 12:23 AM

@Rojoqueen - Thank you! Glad you love it! 😃
@Sacredscars - Thank you! 😸

Random pings:
@Asi
@Leafpelt
@Morgana
@Taunter

1,136 posts

taunter • 9 January 2013 at 12:28 AM

aaaw ❤️

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 9 January 2013 at 12:36 AM

@sky

D'aw! Your designs are always so cute >w< But I really really like this one o-o Horns! Yay, so cute (: I'd definitely need both first and second stages ^^"
I also really love the grayness! Gray is my new favourite colour, you know, because I could never decide between black and white...

Female
5,630 posts

leafpelt • 9 January 2013 at 2:11 AM

@sky

.....There is a conspiracy against me. A conspiracy of cuteness trying to make me spend CC. D:

It's so adorable though, I can't stay mad or suspicious. ❤️ Love it! ^.^ 😃 I can't decide which stage is my favorite yet....X3 And it's entirely made up of the usual valentine's day colors (pink -_-), so that's a bonus.

Pangender
2,149 posts

sky • 9 January 2013 at 3:48 PM

@Asi - Thank you! 😸 Though I was going for more of a brown-ish shaded color. xD But it's nice to know what your favorite color is. "Black and White", and your status relates to Pokemon.
COINCIDENCE?

@Leafpelt - Though there's a chance that it could be just the usual LE. C;

I don't like pink, but I thought those colors fit the creature best~

Male
1,842 posts

harrypotter123698 • 9 January 2013 at 4:43 PM

@sky I love the art, but I still think the Yuki you made is better! 😸

Female
1,175 posts

lucky_cricket • 9 January 2013 at 5:13 PM

@sky I love the art!!

Female
708 posts

morgana • 9 January 2013 at 6:14 PM

@sky SO CUTE! Can I have one? 😋

Pangender
2,149 posts

sky • 9 January 2013 at 6:34 PM

@Harrypotter123698 - Haha, thank you! I do too. Cx

@Lucky_cricket - Thank you! C:

@Morgana - Thankies~ Haha, maybe. 😋

Male
106 posts

extremeblueness • 9 January 2013 at 6:38 PM

@sky nice. but why 367 clicks? why such an odd number?

Female
1,308 posts

stellalunagirl • 9 January 2013 at 6:47 PM

@sky
I really like this creature suggestion, its unique and I definitely like the fact that it is not wholly pink. ^^

Pangender
2,149 posts

sky • 9 January 2013 at 7:29 PM

@Extremeblueness - I like random numbers, I don't care whether it's odd or even, 367 is one of my favorite numbers, don't ask why, I just like larger numbers and whatever number comes to mind. I'm strange like that. 😋

@Stellalunagirl - Thank you! 😸

Random pings (Sorry if this is a bother):
@Ems
@Jemmie
@Plushie

Female
1,788 posts

plushie • 9 January 2013 at 7:31 PM

@Sky OMG cute ❤️3 (:

Non-binary
6,875 posts

ems • 9 January 2013 at 7:31 PM

@sky I love it! 😸 It's not a bother at all, and the name reminds me of the Velvetine Rabbit story. ❤️ It's really, really cute too, and very well drawn.

Pangender
2,149 posts

sky • 9 January 2013 at 7:34 PM

@Plushie - Thank you! 😸

@Ems - I'm glad you love it~ I don't think I've ever read/heard of the story before though. D;