Vocaloid and UTAU

in Entertainment

Excited for V4?

245 posts

misa-misa • 31 July 2014 at 7:20 AM

@mastergemma
Have you seen Cheezits' Get Jinxed remix feat Miku yet?
It gives me chills down my spine X'D
The art is so cute though ❤️

Umm.... The Vocaloid ALYS has been reduced to a Voiceroid but we will still love her!

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 31 July 2014 at 7:32 AM

@misa-misa
Something LoL x Vocaloid...chances are yes XD
In this case, yes too!

His cover, SONiKA Bi?hazard (Biohazard) is really awesome!!! As soon as I saw the Aiko version I thought, SONiKA would be great with this song!!! A bit flat at times but great overall! Now all we need is an Avanna cover ❤️

#vocaloid anyone?

EDIT~ Oh, the sign won't work XD

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 19 August 2014 at 3:53 AM

Yes, and ain't she adorable ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
The has two demos now

NEW VOCALOID:::
A new Vocaloid has been leaked, a Vocanese one! ((well not exactly leaked XD )) So far she is only a silhouette but so far she looks pretty cool! She reminds me of Tohoko Zunko

#vocaloid

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 14 October 2014 at 1:53 AM

Thanks sis! #vocaloid

Megurine Luka V3 now has a silhouette and a Just Be Friends English DEMO!

Gachapoid (Ryuuto) is going to get a v3 update soon ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ So now we can all hear a cute little boy's voice clearer

The male counterpart for Avanna is still unknown

The Vocanese community has been working hard, the public was able to choose a voice for two Vocanese characters (Yuezheng Ling and Zhanyin Lorra)

The Kagamine's English Voicebank is now in production!

And lastly, Chicka will be joining the Vocaloids and she will be released for Windows and Mac on October 16th THAT'S IN TWO DAYS!!!!

@rinkagaminevocaloid02
Would you be interested in joining this club?

Female
1,525 posts

himitsutenshin • 15 October 2014 at 12:44 PM

I can't wait for ZOLA project! They sound so good 😸

Female
60 posts

mys • 15 October 2014 at 2:31 PM

Ah I didn't expect to see a Vocaloid thread so soon. Count me in! I've been a fan since 2011 😊

Have you guys heard Ruby yet? Can't wait for her release

7,923 posts

hayz • 15 October 2014 at 6:14 PM

Has anyone heard CrusherP's new song ECHO? Gumi's English is strong :')

Female
60 posts

mys • 18 October 2014 at 8:51 AM

Yes. I saw Crusher and Matt livestream last night 😊

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 18 October 2014 at 6:02 PM

@himitsutenshin
Haven't they already been released? I can't remember actually, there hasn't been much talk about the ZOLA project lately

@mys
Lucky!!!! I was actually watching nostraightanswer's livestream last night
Ruby... I haven't heard of her for a very long time!
Voice sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxUCMVHy_6w

Ahhh, now I remember who Ruby is!

@hayz
I LOVE that song. I want to play it at my bday party!! And the Maika cover isn't too bad either!

Female
60 posts

mys • 18 October 2014 at 6:22 PM

@mastergemma Yes ZOLA has been around for quite a while now. Not many talk about them though.

Yep XD hopefully we'll get more news on Ruby soon.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 18 October 2014 at 7:36 PM

@mys

Any Vocaloid news is good news XD
...most of the time T.T
~~

What are people's thoughts of Miku on the Dave Letterman Show (I think it was the Letterman Show)

Personally, I don't really like it because they only know of Hatsune Miku and they aren't really told anything about Vocaloid

7,923 posts

hayz • 18 October 2014 at 7:54 PM

@mys

Me too, but I started when they were already an hour in and I had to sleep ah hour later ;_;

@mastergemma

There's a Maika cover? 0: aw yiss

Female
60 posts

mys • 18 October 2014 at 7:58 PM

@mastergemma Yeah... gosh it was so odd. We were watching a show on CBS that night and ya know at the end they roll the credits and play some ads. They did show the preview of David Letterman and showed Miku briefly at the end ;A; It was so surreal. The last time I remember something Vocaloid related was that 2011 Toyota Corolla commercial with Miku. At the time I didn't know really much about Vocaloid, that happened later in the year but yeah. It stuck out like a sore thumb. I'd never seen an ad like it. But at least it was so different and I remembered it even though I didn't know about Vocaloid.

Ok I rambled a bit. I didn't see it live but I watched it the next day on youtube. I....was kinda disappointed. First of all, why was she not in front of the band? Secondly, um his explanation of her....as a "Vocaloid personality from Japan" is not really an explanation. I mean come on it should have been something like "And now here is Hatsune Miku performing live. She is from Vocaloid, a vocal synthesizing program." Sure it sounds more technical but it's still more accurate.

Ok another long paragraph. Sorry bout that. The song choice, I was afraid it'd be Sharing The World. I like it's catchy and all but it's lacking in clarity. I know she did it because it was the MikuExpo theme but it's not a good choice to introduce to people. I think Connection by kz livetune would had been better. Also....that crowd was so dead. No clapping or showing of any enthusiasum. Even at the end it was kinda awkward. Lol I was expecting for her to say something at the end. Even a "thank you" would had been nice.

Overall I think it was still good since it did expose more people to Vocaloid and some will be interested enough to find out more.

@hayz Someone did a cover of it with Kaito o3o www.youtube.com/watch?v=GecjFKr2EuM

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 18 October 2014 at 8:49 PM

@hayz
I'm finding that Maika has a really clear voice, if I had money I'd totally buy her!!! But probably an English Vocaloid first so I can download the Vocaloid Editor in English (I don't really know how that works though XD )

One of my favourite covers of Maika is Not Gonna Get Us by a group called Tatu

@mys
Off-topic but that Miku car commercial reminds me of the Attack on Titan car commercial XD

Don't worry about rambling on, it's fine!
I wasn't really happy, I expected more and because it was that show, I thought there would be more than just 5 minutes with no detail (isn't that show an actual news program? Wouldn't you expect more from it?)

It was the same as the Lady Gaga concerts then, a pretty dead crowd from those who had no idea what was going on XD
Off-topic again but it just reminded me of the VMA awards when CL or 2ne1 won an award and it was dead silent T.T

It was strange but yeah, everything to allow Miku to become more known will be good in the long run

EDITTO
I was listening to a Chika demo and everyone is complaining about her design and voice. So guys, do you like her design? Do you like her voice?

Does Chika sound like a mash between Gumi and Mew? Many are complaining that newer Vocaloids are sounding like old Vocaloids, a mash between two or just plain. What do you guys say?

Female
60 posts

mys • 24 October 2014 at 5:25 PM

@mastergemma very late reply....Ah Letterman is more of an entertainment show. It would had been nice to at least have someone from Yamaha there to interview. Idk if there's anyone at Crypton that's fluent in English.

I liked Chika's design than voice. It's pretty unique and a look I've never seen with Vocaloid. When I heard the voice I was disappointed. She still sounds kinda Gumi-ish. Like......how I think of Galaco.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 24 October 2014 at 7:22 PM

I find that all Vocaloids have a distinct voice, it just depends on their tuning. Even Gakupo can sound exactly like Rin when tuned right! I'm not even kidding, there's a song with Gakupo or Kaito singing as high as Rin and it sounds like her

Scary stuff ><

@mys

Female
60 posts

mys • 24 October 2014 at 10:33 PM

@mastergemma Hmm not so sure about that but yeah some are very similar in voice type, especially the females. Man that reminds me of a few songs I remember hearing that were by "so and so Vocaloid" but it turns out the uploader lied about which one they used.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 24 October 2014 at 11:19 PM

@mys
Wow, which evil producer did this?

My sister and I do often confuse which Vocaloid is singing, many do sound similar but different enough to not be exactly the same. it really depends on how they are tuned and what note they are singing (mental blank on what it's called)

Female
60 posts

mys • 25 October 2014 at 9:51 AM

@mastergemma It was no "producer" of course some people on youtube. Its been a long time so idk where the videos are. You mean the pitch or tone?

Oooh man that reminds me when Kaito's Straight bank came out and everyones like "HE SOUNDS LIKE GAKUPO" T__T Really? They're pretty different. Gakupo sounds more nasally and dunno how to put it....sounds heavier? Again can't really explain it a better way. And in general Gakupo handles lower range better and is weak with higher range. On the other hand, Kaito sounds softer and lighter. Yes, even in Straight. He seems to sing more from his mouth than his throat? Hm anyway it's a different sound. He's more comfortable in the mid to high range. Thanks to Straight, his lower range has improved and sounds clearer but again, I think he fits in mid to high range best.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 31 October 2014 at 8:18 PM

@mys
Yes, Kaito's new 'voice' is definitely different from his older voicebank. I kinda miss his v2 voicebank XD

~~~
!NEWS!
Ruby has been confirmed to be a v4

This has brought discussions to whether Luka will be a v4 since she hasn't been referred to as a v3 voicebank.
Rin, Len, Ling and Lorra are unknown right now.

v4
Vocaloid Engine 4

IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS V4 IS COMING OUT!!!

Female
60 posts

mys • 31 October 2014 at 9:05 PM

@mastergemma You mean V1? I think Soft has more resemblence to V1. Buut I have heard Straight actually sound like V1. It was only on Nico Nico Douga though and I dunno if I added it to my mylist.

EDIT: Found it www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23768451
Yes, that's Straight but I think they increased gender factor and some other things?

Well....that's what I've heard. I think atm they're deciding to make her V3 or wait and make her V4. It actually sounds more like V4 will come out early 2015. Luka I think it's very unlikely to be V4. All this time they were recording for V3. If they make her V4 she'll be delayed by a lot. I think Rin and Len may wind up as V4.

Is there some pattern? V1 lasted about 3 years then v2 5-6 years then v3 several years again v4 would then last possibly 5-6 years then V5 etc.

@mastergemma EDIT: Nov 5. It's Meiko's 10th birthday today.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 16 November 2014 at 7:52 PM

@ys
OMG that's the second time I've called KAITO a v2

I'm unaware if there is a pattern, but if there's something it would be that each engine has had more than the last one. Which is why some people were starting up the v4 talk about a year ago. There's so many v3s compared to the other ones!!

I saw that it was MEIKO's bday a day late T____T but then it was still her bday in America so close enough XD

There's talk about a new female Korean Vocaloid. The only problem is that her design looks like a red Miku >< I don't think anything else has been released about her except for the design

Female
60 posts

mys • 17 November 2014 at 12:26 PM

@mastergemma it's alright XD The append they were developing was for V2 but that was before V3 was announced.

Hm that's not entirely true I think. I've heard there was much more control in V1 thanks to resonance I think it was called. That parameter was removed in V2 and is not in V3.

Yeah I think that's just rumors....all we have is an illustration. It could be for anything. Actually....I thought people thought she looked like Luka because of the pink hair.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 20 November 2014 at 6:09 PM

#vocaloid
@mys

VY1v4, Megurine v4 and all AHS (except Zunko possibly) are going to be v4s!!
IT'S BEING RELEASED NEXT MONTH!!!!
Luka being released in Feb