THE END

in Entertainment

Male
2,298 posts

whitefire • 13 March 2013 at 10:05 PM

That's it. They're shutting down Flipnote Hatena. May fifth, 2013. That's... Low. So low.
I never got to be popular... I tried... And tried... And tried... And, finally, I could animate well enough for a start, but I'm not allowed on my electronics. I've been sneaking on here since January, since my parents won't allow me on. Same with Flipnote. Just when I get a style good enough to get me somewhere... They crush it. I'll never be able to get where I was going now. Since I have to sneak on at night, I can't animate too well, what with being curled up in bed. So I won't be able to reach my goals... I was going to make a huge comeback in the summer, but they took that away. When they shut down... I'll loose some of my best friends. People who truly want to understand me, care about me, support me... All of that, gone. Sakumi, Clippo, Dextreon, Steeleon, Flick... All of my dearest friends, gone. I'll lose the people who let me cry to them... I'm usually the one doing that. They were the first to do it for ME. And now they're being taken away. But I don't matter... What about the OTHERS who will lose their friends and never reach their goals? What about the popular creators, who worked so HARD to get where they are? Hatena became our lives... Always trying to improve, to find something we COULD do right... At least, that's what it was like for me. But we're all going to lose it on May fifth.

WHY?!

Female
52 posts

flareice • 13 March 2013 at 10:22 PM

Why... Because they're selfish. They have enough money; they're Nintendo, for crying out loud! They don't have any good reason to shut it down... Even if it was funding... I would put all of my allowance into it, I would do extra jobs, I would give it all of my money... But it's not the problem.
They just don't care. Even for the new 3DS Flipnote, you have to pay a monthly fee for it.
I'm so sad... I'm crying, it hurts, I'll never be able to animate the same way, even if I can pay for the new Flipnote! I like this one better! And besides, what about the friends I'll leave behind? They... Are so important to me... So dear... All of the memories, all of my animations, even the times I was reported... All of that is dear to me. All of that... I could NEVER leave it behind. I NEED my friends, that specific way of venting that only comes from animating your feelings, drawing pictures with fitting backgrounds... I wish... I wish they would reconsider. I wish that they would consider keeping the old Hatena... I'll miss it so much! It had so much potential, we had so much to bring it... It's going to be gone. I'm going to lose it...
Don't take it away... Please...

Male
2,298 posts

whitefire • 13 March 2013 at 10:34 PM

Maybe we can stop it, though...?
AS MANY PEOPLE AS CAN DO IT, JOIN! It doesn't matter if you don't have a DSi or Flipnote, just JOIN! You can join on the site and lurk. If they get enough members... They might keep it. Once you've joined, if you join, sign your EggCave name and underscore a line under it, then sign your Flipnote ID so they know who wants to keep it. Where there's a will, there's a way!

... I'm talking to a wall, aren't I?

Sorry, Ian, for posting something like this, but it... It just... Means so much to me that it HURTS.

Whitefire
________
flareice

Female
9,796 posts

chapus • 13 March 2013 at 10:50 PM

@whitefire WHAT?!?!?! THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE!! NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

*cries*

I loved that place... even if my screen broke before I could really animate, I loved to see what people could be able to do... they were inspirations for me...

Male
2,298 posts

whitefire • 13 March 2013 at 10:52 PM

@Chapus2009
I know! I want to cry again so badly... But crying solves nothing. I just need signatures.

@Essieh
@Ems
@Zoom150
@FayBayBay
Guys! I NEED help!

Female
9,796 posts

chapus • 13 March 2013 at 10:58 PM

@whitefire Now I'm starting to hate Nintendo... ;~; Does this mean I won't be able to watch the flipnotes I downloaded from others users on my SD card? D:

Male
2,298 posts

whitefire • 13 March 2013 at 11:01 PM

@Chapus2009
No, you'll still be able to watch them, because they're only deleting Hatena. But, still... Mind signing? I can't lose more friends...

@Lyric
@Luv
@Rhythm
@Kurochi-Akuma

Female
9,796 posts

chapus • 13 March 2013 at 11:04 PM

@whitefire Of course I'll sign! 😱

GET OVER HERE PEEPS.

Male
2,298 posts

whitefire • 13 March 2013 at 11:09 PM

@Chapus2009
Thanks... You have no idea how much this means to me...

@Sandstorm99
@Featherstar_StormClan
@GracesEggs
@Meixiaotian

Female
98 posts

creampuff • 13 March 2013 at 11:48 PM

I'm sorry for you loss, and I really feel where you're coming from. ☚ī¸ I used to play a game called Glitch, which was most beloved by its players for its unique gameplay. Its closing was abrupt and shocking and a lot of us, including me, mourned.

I don't think you have anything to worry about for progressing on your animating skills though. Have you thought about using a traditional flipbook and pencils? Even a regular notebook or a bunch of paper will be suffice. You won't get in trouble for sneaking into your computer either.

As for the friends you've made on Flipnote, if you want to keep them close, why not get their emails? That way you won't lose them at all~ 😊

Male
2,298 posts

whitefire • 13 March 2013 at 11:54 PM

@Creampuff
... I'm not allowed to get an e-mail... Plus, I've gotten so used to this format that anything else would seem... Off.

@SSTwins
@Hedwig68
@Naturegirl1999
@SSTwinz

Female
9,796 posts

chapus • 13 March 2013 at 11:56 PM

@whitefire Wait! I'm not sure if this is true, but I heard that as long as you don't update your Dsi, you will still have Hatena! And gosh, SO many people are posting ' Save Hatena ' flipnotes, it's crazy how much people want to keep this thing alive. ❤ī¸

Female
2,347 posts

featherstar_stormclan • 14 March 2013 at 12:03 AM

@whitefire WHAT!!!!!!! My friend loves that. I can't get on it though.

Male
2,298 posts

whitefire • 14 March 2013 at 12:03 AM

@Chapus2009
I know! Check out my fave creators page; it's full of them! People actually believe they can stop it... It's great. All it takes is willpower to succeed, and we have a lot! I WILL get to celebrate two Hatenaversarries. I WILL get to celebrate those of my friends. I WILL get to celebrate their birthdays. I WILL succeed... Because I know I can.

Female
2,347 posts

featherstar_stormclan • 14 March 2013 at 12:05 AM

@dashie loves that. When I tell her at school tomorrow she is gonna kill someone.

Male
2,298 posts

whitefire • 14 March 2013 at 12:09 AM

@Featherstar_StormClan
There's still hope... We all just have to cling to that... There's still... Hope...

Female
2,347 posts

featherstar_stormclan • 14 March 2013 at 12:23 AM

@whitefire so true. As my clan Smokeclan says "Not all is lost in the smoke." This 'quitting faze is just smoke for slight hope to be lost in. But not all is lost.

452 posts

xxxmahiruxxx • 14 March 2013 at 12:27 AM

Am I alone in saying I've never heard of that site?

Female
98 posts

creampuff • 14 March 2013 at 12:28 AM

@whitefire - Well, then I wish you good luck. I do still encourage trying traditional animation/art. 😸 It'll definitely feel different, and digital work is a lot more convenient, but in the end there's not much difference when honing your skills.

Male
2,298 posts

whitefire • 14 March 2013 at 12:34 AM

@CreamPuff
I'll try it anyway, but first I have to save Hatena!

@xxxmahiruxxx
Have you heard of Flipnote Studio?

452 posts

xxxmahiruxxx • 14 March 2013 at 12:45 AM

@whitefire

No

Male
719 posts

sharkout • 14 March 2013 at 12:47 AM

@whitefire

I feel so bad! ☚ī¸ I can't join sorry, ☚ī¸ But I can ping!

@war
@fjh
@hai
@frosted

This happened to me two times, the game I was playing was shut down because of not enough players. It was horrible for me. ☚ī¸ I hope you don't go through it. D':

Male
2,298 posts

whitefire • 14 March 2013 at 12:49 AM

@xxxmahiruxxx
It's an application for the DSi, and it's for animating. Hatena's where you can share your animations online, as well as chat with people, do collaboration animations, series, RPs... Just about everything you could wish for. Here's a link:

http://flipnote.hatena.com/

452 posts

xxxmahiruxxx • 14 March 2013 at 12:50 AM

@whitefire

Probably because I don't have a DSi

Male
2,298 posts

whitefire • 14 March 2013 at 12:52 AM

@xxxmahiruxxx
Ah.
@SharkOut
Thanks. And I'll work something out... But I just need to have confidence. Believe in yourself, and you can do anything. Except flying. Flying's hard, even if you believe you can.

Non-binary
6,875 posts

ems • 14 March 2013 at 12:59 AM

@whitefire I have flipnote, but I have no idea what Hatena is.. I'm not even sure if I could get on it, but I'll help if I can.

Male
2,298 posts

whitefire • 14 March 2013 at 1:01 AM

@Ems
Hatena is where you share your animations and download those of others. It's really quite awesome, and it's by far my favorite website. Use the link I sent Mahiru; it'll show you. All you need is Internet connection to get on with your DSi.

Non-binary
6,875 posts

ems • 14 March 2013 at 1:04 AM

I can get it on my itouch, but I don't think my parents would let me get one, and I'm not going behind their backs. :/ Sounds really fun though... >~< I'm sorry. I know that sorry doesn't fix it, but it's all I can say right now.

@whitefire

Male
2,298 posts

whitefire • 14 March 2013 at 1:06 AM

@Ems
It's fine! Thanks anyway. Maybe you can still sign...? I suppose, if you would've joined if it was allowed and Hatena wasn't being deleted, you could still sign.
Now goodnight.

Non-binary
6,875 posts

ems • 14 March 2013 at 1:11 AM

@whitefire
Sign what? Oh, I'm hopelessly confused. Make a flipnote signing for me? 😸 Goodnight sweetie. Don't be too sad, you still have us here at EC~ *huggles you* Good luck in your mission to save Hatena! 😃