Suggestion + Creature Suggestion!

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

3,446 posts

chowchow2012 • 1 July 2013 at 7:18 PM

Due to comments, I do believe this alt idea would cause drama within eggcave, so its now removed.

Creature Suggestion: Umbris! (Latin canis lupis [wolf] and umbra [shadow]) I think it's a nice name

I made several different colorations 😋

I would like it to be a cave monthly or just a normal cave crit. But please no Cash shop.

(I would like it to evolve at 750 clicks as its one stage)

Well here you go... Well considering I drew this with a mouse it looks... Okay 😊

Please Tell me which coloration you like the best!
http://silverdragons2012.deviantart.com/art/Umbris-Set-382206736

4 different "alts" plus an egg single staged. Constructive criticism and comments welcome.

Description: Umbris

Egg : this egg is just plain spooky.…
Born from pure shadows and darkness, Umbri (plural) are the most adapted creatures in Ark. They are close friends with the Terron and associate closely with them. It is said that they have a secret agreement and never attack each other. These keen creatures always have watchful eyes and can see perfectly even when its pitch black.

Be careful the umbris might be lurking after you!

#creaturesuggestion
#Chowie

Note to Ian! Well I used a program to make this if an artist is actually planning on drawing this I can just shoot them the PSD file to save time!

Pings!
@hayz
@hybridrainbow
@pirran

Deleted • 1 July 2013 at 7:24 PM

@chowchow2012
i like that alted concept, especially for some male and female species (like the birds).

the umbris is very cute 😊 love the wings!

Deleted • 1 July 2013 at 7:31 PM

@chowchow2012 I'm not sure about different patterns at each stage, but I think different colors might be kinda cool on some creatures-love your creature idea too. 😊

3,446 posts

chowchow2012 • 1 July 2013 at 7:36 PM

@hybridrainbow

Thanks! I agree I mean what if eggcave came out with a loin I mean female loins don't have manes!

@more
I agree but by alts I just mean each alt is a bit different from the other 😊

Deleted • 1 July 2013 at 7:38 PM

@chowchow2012 Ok, that's cool. 😋

3,446 posts

chowchow2012 • 1 July 2013 at 7:45 PM

@more

Do you want me to show you the site were this concept is located?

Pings!

@mrsgiggles
@lazydazy411
@cutiepie101
@luv

Non-binary
2,849 posts

luv • 1 July 2013 at 7:49 PM

@chowchow2012
Very cool, and yes to the question above. 😊

7,923 posts

hayz • 1 July 2013 at 7:49 PM

@chowchow2012

I'm double sided on this.

I mean, I like the idea, It's something new, fresh ((at least in Eggcave)) but it also raises some questions of concern. ((not really))

Would the eggs be pre-coded to have a certain color/pattern? Or would it be decided right before it hatches?

I'm assuming it would be the former, as most sites do that. But if it's pre-coded, it would be a bit more complicated, no? Say the cave only has 5 available creatures: Umbris, Shrews, Obarns, Masers, and Niphas. Now pretend that the Umbris has 3 color forms, Red, Blue, and Yellow Umbris.

So now you technically have 7 creatures available in the cave: The 3 pre-coded Umbris, Shrews, Obarns, Masers, and Niphas.

Now, wouldn't that be a little unfair, to the eggs AND users? Now you have a 3/7 chance to get an Umbris egg ((of whatever color, just Umbris in general)) unless you bunch it together as 1/3 over 7 ((1/3/7)) Which means you can get 1 of the colors and still maintain the general species fairness rate.

But then wouldn't you have to update it everytime a new creature comes out? That would be very tedious.

Actually I have NO IDEA what I'm saying.

I just realized after typing all this that technology has become so advanced that you can just type in a code for it to automatically update itself when you add a new species/color.

Wow I'm stupid.

Anyway, I love the idea of alted creatures, but it would be complicated to get what color you really want, no? xP

The creature is very pretty indeed, but I personally think you should lay off on all the sparkles on the body, but then again that's just me. xP

3,446 posts

chowchow2012 • 1 July 2013 at 7:50 PM

@luv

Well I think you have to make an account its adoptable game kinda like EC, I'm like obsessed if you want to join just send me a PM

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 1 July 2013 at 9:49 PM

@chowchow2012 I don't kind of don't like this, I think having the same positions for more then one stage, but different colors or what not will eventually become boring, I like how it is now. Eggcave shall keep it's originality, but good luck! 😊

419 posts

mrsgiggles • 1 July 2013 at 10:49 PM

@chowchow2012 It's a slippery slope, and doing this will make Egg Cave more like another site than anything else.

And given the drama that already exists over CS and retired eggs, there are going to be fireworks, LOL, if there are several variations of a CS or LE pet!

3,446 posts

chowchow2012 • 2 July 2013 at 10:40 AM

@mrsgiggles
I do agree on the originality of EC but, I mean We wouldn't make alts for previous pets just once in a while on maybe a special occasion.

@fakeworld
Thank for the constructive critism

@hayz
Well, if it's a regular cave creature it means you have the whole time in the world to get it right? And also the trading center does exist right? I mean you could just trade? If the colors were separated into genders then you have a greater chance of finding the color you want correct?

I don't really get what you mean about coding alts, would just be random whatever color you get I mean it wouldn't be like you steal the egg and its like RED ALT in flashing letters? I don't see the point of "Updating" whatever you're talking about. I'm just kinda lost.

Male
1,503 posts

sony • 2 July 2013 at 11:49 AM

@chowchow2012 I don't really understand the alt thing D:
Sorry I'm a derp xD

I like the creature, first of all, but yet again, I think it's a bit unfair and this could be a preoccupation. I think the creatures should just stay in their own colors and whatever stuffs... Different colors on 1 creature is so much like... :| forms of Pokemons and coloring things on children's websites D:
I think we should keep this Egg Cave-ish, but I'm a derp on commenting and giving "constructive criticism"... D:
xD~

But overall xD I think this creature looks nice, and if I had to pick a favorite color (because like I said, I don't really a creature with different kinds of colors), I'd go with the green one 😸

Non-binary
7,220 posts

whispers • 2 July 2013 at 12:14 PM

@chowchow2012

I don't exactly agree with the alternative coloring of creatures. Although it would be neat, I think it would create a fuss among displeased users, possibly like the unhappy users of the discontinuing of the CC gifting & re-release of the Christmas creatures. I don't think we need to stir up any drama up. And it might make EC seem like many other adoptables sites. Like, Neopets, how you can paint your pets. And the site that you got the idea from.

And, the Umbris is neat. But I think the grey stage (top left) is way too similar to the Umbreon (pokemon), which also has a grey and yellow color scheme. And, the name is similar is well. So, I would think to rid of the grey stage, because of the similarity.

3,446 posts

chowchow2012 • 2 July 2013 at 12:25 PM

@whispers
I didn't think about pokemon at all lol 😋 I don't know, It was just a magical wolf fox thing. And well grey is kinda a common wolf color so that's just it turned out.

@sony

Alright I understand, thanks for the comment, and thank you

~~~~~~~
I think I should just remove the "alt" idea

Female
658 posts

yellowgrapefruit • 2 July 2013 at 2:05 PM

@chowchow2012 I love the blue one and the wings!!!!

Female
737 posts

inkpelt • 2 July 2013 at 9:01 PM

@chowchow2012

Hey, I've seen the alternate colors before on another pet site. I really liked it there, and I think it would be awesome over here. It would definitely cause an uproar, and people would be trading left and right for their favorite colors 😊

Hah, I really like the blue green version. Well, actually all of them except the pink one, but I like darker colors. thanks for sharing!

3,446 posts

chowchow2012 • 3 July 2013 at 6:29 PM

@inkpelt

Haha I do agree 😋 Thanks for the support and comment

@yellowgrapefruit
Thank you! I think it's my favourite as well.

Pings! (sorry if you didn't want to be pinged)
@faybaybay
@spirithawk
@bubblez

Female
3,546 posts

spirithawk • 5 July 2013 at 10:42 AM

@chowchow2012 It's so cute! @_@ I love all the colors but I think I like the green/blue one the most.

Female
3,164 posts

faybaybay • 8 July 2013 at 1:22 AM

@chowchow2012 Wow I think I just suggested something just like this xD except mine only have 2 evolutions. & I see that a lot of people have mixed feelings on this. personally, I love the creature ^^ ( especially the black one! ) & I think ti would be a great change, maybe for an EC birthday creature ( like I suggested on my creature description ) So it's special, and unique for another year on Eggcave. It keeps the game exciting too, so if people dont like the color their umbris hatches into they can just swap/trade with another user until they get their favorite one : ) a lot of people are talking about the different coding than the rest of the creatures, there may be a few glitches somewhere along the line, but the travels in the TC, when they are re-stocked is chance. What eggs your get from the cave are chance, the asteroid is purely chance, so why not evolutions??? Ians's always looking for new things to add, right?

Edit: Also, to anyone saying it would make eggcave too much like other sites, we have totally different creatures, no? We have different travels & most other sites don't, right? This is a totally different site, & all creatures should be unique in their own way, in fact. The 4 different colors make the creature more unique & encourages swapping/trading. if the creature is made & you dont like the creature, you don't have to have it anyways, we have a much wider selection than neopets anyways.

3,446 posts

chowchow2012 • 8 July 2013 at 12:34 PM

@faybaybay
Thank you so much for the support! I totally agree with all your comments. I also think this would liven up the community, I mean I don't get the complaining about not being able to get the alt you want. If it's a cave creature you have all the time. I mean look at the people that want Nyms, macbots, and also doovoos. There's thousands of people that can't get those, I don't get why you can't even get a color you want. I mean the TC exists for a reason yes!

I also agree because I myself has become semi bored with this site, there's really nothing do expect trade, forums, chat, stalk the TA. That's about it.

EC is unique! I do agree with a these great works of art on here. No past creatures would be alted of course and probably not every future one. I would take too much time for the artist to draw and re-color four times anyways. Well I think my idea is a nice way to liven things up so thanks fay! ❤️ 😊

Pings!
@Frosted
@destinyrose
@glados

Female
48 posts

destinyrose • 8 July 2013 at 12:36 PM

i like the grey and red one

3,446 posts

chowchow2012 • 8 July 2013 at 12:44 PM

@destinyrose
Thanks! 😊

Pings!
@enchanted_723
@jazzyleia
@xxxmahiruxxx

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 9 July 2013 at 10:58 AM

@chowchow2012

I personally love the pink/purple one in the lower right corner. Then I would go to the blue one....

But it was really hard to choose so I think they would all be amazing colors!

3,446 posts

chowchow2012 • 9 July 2013 at 12:41 PM

@jazzyleia
Thank you, I agree on the colors so that's why I just put them all there xD

Pings!

@karenna19
@crumbledtower
@rhythm

180 posts

crumbledtower • 9 July 2013 at 12:45 PM

@chowchow2012

Oh my goodness, I've been pinged to a topic ;-;
XD
I like the red color set. Very 'spooky'.
*checks behind myself* Ok good I'm safe.

Gender Fluid
1,376 posts

kurochi-akuma • 10 July 2013 at 11:19 AM

@chowchow2012

Very cute! ❤️

I think that the sparkles are a little overdone, like... Is it supposed to be sparkling or are those stripes? O.o Also, what is the giant ball (egg?) next to their feet?

Other than that, I think its a cute idea! 😊

I would say...I like the gray and pink one! 😉

Female
454 posts

semo2005 • 10 July 2013 at 11:31 AM

@chowchow2012 it's adorable I love it this much:
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

3,446 posts

chowchow2012 • 10 July 2013 at 11:55 AM

@kurochi-akuma
Thanks, and the ball is just a big ball of "aura" or whatever you want to call it.

@semo2005
Thanks you! ❤️❤️

Pings!
@ems
@monchhichi01

1,019 posts

monchhichi01 • 10 July 2013 at 12:01 PM

@chowchow2012
I love it! I think... I think I like the blue and green one better because it's colors are lighter than the purple and red... so you can see the outline/features better. 😊