Quotes!

in Entertainment

1,903 posts

petpet55 • 26 August 2011 at 5:02 PM

Okay so I thought it would be neat to have a place where people could post their favorite quotes from movies, books, authors or people they admire.

So okay, I'll start:

"They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself." -Andy Warhol

"I guess you guys aren't ready for that yet. But your kids are gonna love it." -From Back to the Future.

"Do you ever feel like you were born in the wrong time? Like you should have been born earlier, when the music was... real?"
"Like the 70's?"
"Earlier, like... the early 70's." -From Brutal Legend (game)

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix

"We have art in order not to die of the truth. " -Friedrich Nietzsche

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Feel free to share your own ^^ I'll post some more when I think of them 😊

Female
6,239 posts

redstar-fireclan • 26 August 2011 at 5:03 PM

@petpet55
Am I allowed to do some warrior ones? *Plz, don't yell at, or anyone, I am ADITTED!*

1,903 posts

petpet55 • 26 August 2011 at 5:06 PM

@redstar-fireclan

Sure 😊

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 26 August 2011 at 5:08 PM

"This rain is going to be MURDER on my spandex" -Captain Qwark

Female
6,239 posts

redstar-fireclan • 26 August 2011 at 5:09 PM

@petpet55
YEASH!

"Who are you? And what have you done to Blackstar???"------Lionblaze xD

"Before there is Peace, Blood will spill Blood, and the lake will run Red."----Spottedleaf to Leafpaw/Leafpool *I think* About Brambleclaw and Hawkfrost.

1,903 posts

petpet55 • 26 August 2011 at 5:16 PM

@redstar-fireclan

Nice ones 😊

It made me remember this one:

"If we don't end war, war will end us." - H. G. Wells

"You reap what you sow Artyom. Force answers force,war breeds war and death brings only death. To break this vicious cycle one must do more than just act without any doubt or thought." - Khan (from Metro 2033- game)

"If it's hostile, you kill it" - Hunter (also Metro 2033)

Female
6,239 posts

redstar-fireclan • 26 August 2011 at 5:19 PM

@petpet55
NICE! Like sharpen claws. *That means so cool.*

"Fire?But fire is feared by ALL the Clans...How can it save us?"----Bluestar.

"Darkness,Air,Water,and Sky will come togeather...and shake the forest to it's roots"--Unknown. Just got it off of abook xD

1,903 posts

petpet55 • 26 August 2011 at 5:25 PM

@redstar-fireclan

Cool 😊

"Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends." -J. R. R. Tolkien, The Lord Of the Rings

Female
6,239 posts

redstar-fireclan • 26 August 2011 at 5:27 PM

"Darkness WILL CONTROL Fire! This can't happen!" -------Dasiyheart/star from FireClan-Has her father,Redstar, died.
*Redstar died of old age- witch fire should too

Female
160 posts

hawk_fan • 9 September 2011 at 10:31 PM

"You've got a time machine, I've got a gun. Let's kill Hitler!" -Mels (River Song) from Doctor who
"I can't control Dream Feeny" Mr Feeny Boy Meets world

2,403 posts

evolutary • 14 September 2011 at 2:29 AM

"Failure is a detour, not a dead end." I'm not sure who said that though.

Female
257 posts

lunarstarz • 14 September 2011 at 2:39 AM

I have a book with odd quotes, one of them were:

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing near the shore looking like an idiot"

I don't know why, but I find that rather amusing for some reason

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 15 September 2011 at 7:18 PM

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes." -Anonymous

Love that quote X)

Deleted • 15 September 2011 at 7:19 PM

"Okay how can I put this... Brodsky Bad. Booth Good."- Temperance Brennen from Bones.

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 15 September 2011 at 7:20 PM

I created one of these ~~ XD XD XD

"When life gives you lemons, use your magical powers to turn those lemons into 100 dollars bills!! 8D " ~ Me XD

Deleted • 15 September 2011 at 7:22 PM

XD Uhhhhh...... Hmmmmmm, GOT IT!

"Bones are you crying?" -Booth from Bones
"Its just horrimones!" -Bones from Bones (Shes pregnant on the show and real life)
"Oh I gotta get a picture of this." -Booth from Bones. (Hes the father)

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 15 September 2011 at 7:22 PM

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."
~Unknown

Deleted • 15 September 2011 at 7:23 PM

Oh. I GOT ONE!

"|3 () |\| 3 $" - @lizardfeather XDD

534 posts

crowvict • 15 September 2011 at 7:23 PM

"We're all mad here." ~Cheshire

Female
174 posts

lilones • 15 September 2011 at 7:24 PM

my two favorite quotes are

Some days your the pigeon other days your the statue.

The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.

There are other sayings / quotes that I like but these are always top of my list to remember.

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 15 September 2011 at 7:24 PM

"It's a giant mushroom! Maybe it's friendly!"

"Every piece of coal can turn into a pearl!"

"Actually, I've discovered that you don't get fat as long as you burn calories by using your brain."

"Will you be eating that cake? Say what you want, but I will still be taking the cake."

"Listen to me and my total hero voice! China, I choose you!"

"I'll take a potato chip... and eat it!"

Deleted • 15 September 2011 at 7:26 PM

"The average head weighs the same as a T-day Turkey." -First line in the book Stiff. XD

Male
431 posts

schwartz • 15 September 2011 at 7:28 PM

you never now how much you love something until you relize you can loose it, G.K chesterton

Female
5,902 posts

seaangel • 15 September 2011 at 7:29 PM

"Have fun storming the castle!" Princess bride

534 posts

crowvict • 15 September 2011 at 7:30 PM

people who say nothing is impossible have never tried slamming a revolving door (no clue where it's from XD)

Pangender
2,149 posts

sky • 15 September 2011 at 7:45 PM

BLEACH QUOTES

"Being young means that you're still naive.
That's why it feels like you're soaring in the sky or sinking beneath the ocean...when someone you admire betrays you. Those emotions control your entire life, and can make you lose sight of who you are. By growing older, your heart grows more experienced.
You grow one step farther away from being controlled by your feelings and are able to keep from soaring through the sky or sinking to the depths of the ocean." - Momo Hinamori

"If I were the rain that binds together the Earth and the sky, whom in all eternity will never mingle, would I be able to bind two hearts together?" - Orihime

"I hate the rain. Rain falls in this world, too. When your heart is in chaos, this sky becomes clouded. When you are sad, rain falls so terribly easily. Can you understand the horror of being pelted by rain in this solitary world? If only to stop that rain, I shall lend you any strength. If you trust in me, I will let no rain fall in this world. Ichigo trust me. You are not fighting alone." - Zangetsu

"You humans are always talking about hearts. It's as if you have them in your hand. But my eye sees everything. Nothing can escape it. What it doesn't see doesn't exist. That's how I've always fought. That's how I've always lived. What is a heart? If I rip open your chest, will I find it there? If I crack open your skull, will I find it there?" - Ulquiorra

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 15 September 2011 at 8:04 PM

@goldensundragon ROFL you push it so hard it breaks off its hinges and then slams into the nearest passerby/glass window 😈

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 15 September 2011 at 8:07 PM

@ladybugheart

It's a giant mushroom! Maybe it's friendly!"

GIANT MUSHY FRIEND!! 8D

I LOVE that show! 😸

"I can't really SEE how you do, I see by realeasing sonic waves with my mouth. *Screams in your face* There. I got a pretty good look at you now."

XD XD XD

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 15 September 2011 at 8:09 PM

@taffy789 Is that from Bleach? 😸 I think I saw another show that refereanced that and now I see where it came from 😃

Female
2,011 posts

pizza5pizza5 • 15 September 2011 at 8:15 PM

These are a couple i say alot, i made them up 😊

"When Life gives you 100 reasons to frown, show the world 1,000 reasons to smile"

"Some people say great detectives ask question. Well, shouldn't great detectives know the answers?"

These are a couple ive heard:

"When nothing goes right....go left."